how do we play it now

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

how do we play it now

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Aug 2017, 08:05

L.l.s trophy safely tucked under belt do we keep going flat out in the games up to semi final with our strongest team or ease off a bit and try build up that way to semi
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: how do we play it now

Post by old cas lass » 18 Aug 2017, 08:22

There's no chance of easing off.
Maybe rest one or two, Jesse mcmeeken.
It's not in daryll make up to ease off.

Nice position to be in.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 18 Aug 2017, 08:29

I think the Huddersfield team will will see a few changes. Gadwin needs big minutes to get his confidence back and back into contention
Moors is not match fit so as above
Id rest Gale JSL Meeks Jake and Zak - they can't be king makers against us the result is a dead rubber.

Eden
Jy
Monnas
Ogodo
Minikin
Benny
Holmes
Springer
Adz
Cooky
Fozzy
Larroyer
Massey

Trueman
Maher
Moors
Hoggy

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 18 Aug 2017, 08:36

Just no injuries please.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Beth » 18 Aug 2017, 09:19

I'd give the second string some game time. No point in risking players when we're already in the semi's with a home tie.

Keep the pressure on... but not too much.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 18 Aug 2017, 09:26

Rotate the squad to keep players fresh/give time for niggles to heal a bit, and to get players who didn't play last night to show Powell why they deserve to be in the semi final team.

Last game before semi final play his first choice 17 so everyone knows their role.

It'll be hard keeping the edge for another 5 or 6 games, but Powell and the players know what's at stake.

terminaldecline
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by terminaldecline » 18 Aug 2017, 09:31

play your strongest team week in week out...
everyone knows that towards the back end of the season there are a lot of players carrying knocks and only around 70% fit. Where most seasons we'd play these players, we are now in a fortunate position where we don't have to risk these players and get the squad as ready and as fit as it can be for the semi final.

So play our strongest team of available fit players, but redefine the threshold of what you accept as fit to play

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Aug 2017, 09:34

I agree entirely with the above post the game before the semi final our first 17, before then give our fringe players a go , nothing to loose by giving them a run

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 Aug 2017, 10:03

Let lynch break sinfields record, 4 matches to go I think, and give the full squad a game.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Aug 2017, 10:09

We should not absolutely start resting all and sundry for the sake of it. As keeps being said, we need to keep the momentum going, keep building confidence and start putting together some real consistent form.

We've got this far, let's not waste it by being happy with what we have. The following didn't play yesterday and are now playing for a place in the home semi team and potentially the Grand Final:

Cook
Patrick
Springer
Larroyer
Monaghan
Hitchcox
Tom Holmes
plus maybe Maher if he can get fit.

We can have a huge say on who finishes 4th, and no matter what I still want us to spank Leeds again too. 8) I also think beating Wigan and Hull would give us the confidence and mental edge to know we can take them on in the semi/GF.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Aug 2017, 10:33

mart0042 wrote:Let lynch break sinfields record, 4 matches to go I think, and give the full squad a game.
I disagree about Lynch. Now isn't the time to be sentimental. We need to play the best 17 each game and, for me, Lynch isn't in that when all are fit.

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 18 Aug 2017, 11:01

I think personally I'd rotate 1/2 each week to ensure everyone is fresh. I wouldn't ever play a "weakened" team, I think by just rolling the squad a couple of players at a time we can keep momentum and consistency, plus we can keep competition for places and also give a few younger players a taste of big game, play off atmosphere with nothing to really lose.

I'd certainly try and keep Jake Webster fit after last night, and give Touyo Egodo a run against Huddersfield.

Jesse SL has played pretty much every week and done some stints, so I'd make sure he had at least one week to rest at some point.

Tom Holmes would get a game too, having Ben Roberts fresh considering his injury record would be handy. I'd also then give Luke Gale a week off at some point too.

Oliver Holmes, Junior Moors and Milner have all had time off and should be building up to match fitness.

I'd also give Greg Minikin a week off - he's barely missed a game this year and has to me looked a little fatigued at points - not to be unexpected considering his age and the fact he is only in his second full Super League season.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 18 Aug 2017, 11:07

Giving certain players a week off when needed is fine and could make the difference against teams who are having to flog there players week in week out battling for places. There will be guys carrying knocks and in need of freshning up. It will also give a chance for some guys to stake a claim for a first 17 place, for me theres a couple of bench spots thats between Lynch/Cook/Foster/Patrick/Springer etc and Minikin needs to up his game with Jy breathing down his neck. But wholesale changes every week for the sake of it, no way. We need to have momentum and confidence going into that semi final, just look at Salford if you want to know what happens when you lose a couple, it becomes a habit.

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 18 Aug 2017, 11:49

Lee Radford complained a couple of months ago about how their was no respite with every game being important and having to play players needled up, as he just couldn't risk throwing fringe players into such vital games. That's of course one way of ending up with serious long term injuries, players aggravating injuries they are playing with. Firstly therefore we don't want to be playing anyone who has any sort of injury, let them rest and recuperate.

After that to me the equation is quite simple. With young Egodo and Will Maher we have now a 26 man squad. I would use them all on a rotational basis, ensuring only those who are fit take the field of play. Absolutely no need to make wholesale changes like Leeds did at Wigan. Rest 2 or 3 in one game and then another 2 or 3 in another game. Meeks has not missed a weeks playing all season, neither has JSL and McShane, Millo and Gale have hardly missed any. A week or two off for any of them won't do them any harm and they are not going to lose anything at all. In fact it will freshen them up.

Plus the likes of Springer, Patrick, Larroyer, Tom Holmes, Cooky etc all need game time here and there to keep them match fit and focussed. If we did suffer injuries, heaven forbid, on the eve of the play offs, you don't want to have players coming in who have had little or no game time at all. Keep everybody fit and on the ball. If we did happen to lose a couple of games because of it, even against Leeds, it's a small price to pay in return for a fully fit squad, fresh and raring to go when the play offs arrive. I'll stand it, if it means we win the greatest prize of all. However we should be able to field a very competitive side in all the games, so no need to happen anyhow.

I would like to see young Egodo given a run out at Huddersfield to see how he goes on.

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 18 Aug 2017, 11:51

Sorry duplicate

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Aug 2017, 15:52

Fumper27 wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Let lynch break sinfields record, 4 matches to go I think, and give the full squad a game.
I disagree about Lynch. Now isn't the time to be sentimental. We need to play the best 17 each game and, for me, Lynch isn't in that when all are fit.
He was in it yesterday at the expense of Cook, Patrick, Larroyer etc. I would play him the next 4 so he can end a distinguished career with a medal and a record, assuming of course he needs 4 more.
I don't think Junior was ready yesterday either, I watched him in the warm up and wasn't convinced, but I'm not an expert.
I would not normally have Lynch replacing Cook, however, and so I agree he would not be in my best 17, but in this case, play him.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 18 Aug 2017, 16:35

I would give Webster,Millington,McShane,Jesse & Roberts a break against Hudds. I would give Springer a start in 2 weeks as well.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Aug 2017, 17:03

Moors did not look too happy with his leg he seemed to keep casting his eye on it. give him at least a fortnight to get it right we cant afford any one not 100% in the semi final , now is the time to try our understudies

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Aug 2017, 17:12

DP as said he took a knock to his knee.
Luckily he was ok.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 18 Aug 2017, 17:15

For me we have to look after our half backs.wrap them in cotton wool.we don't want to roll into a semi with no gale or roberts