how do we play it now

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: how do we play it now

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Aug 2017, 15:52

Fumper27 wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Let lynch break sinfields record, 4 matches to go I think, and give the full squad a game.
I disagree about Lynch. Now isn't the time to be sentimental. We need to play the best 17 each game and, for me, Lynch isn't in that when all are fit.
He was in it yesterday at the expense of Cook, Patrick, Larroyer etc. I would play him the next 4 so he can end a distinguished career with a medal and a record, assuming of course he needs 4 more.
I don't think Junior was ready yesterday either, I watched him in the warm up and wasn't convinced, but I'm not an expert.
I would not normally have Lynch replacing Cook, however, and so I agree he would not be in my best 17, but in this case, play him.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 18 Aug 2017, 16:35

I would give Webster,Millington,McShane,Jesse & Roberts a break against Hudds. I would give Springer a start in 2 weeks as well.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Aug 2017, 17:03

Moors did not look too happy with his leg he seemed to keep casting his eye on it. give him at least a fortnight to get it right we cant afford any one not 100% in the semi final , now is the time to try our understudies

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Aug 2017, 17:12

DP as said he took a knock to his knee.
Luckily he was ok.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 18 Aug 2017, 17:15

For me we have to look after our half backs.wrap them in cotton wool.we don't want to roll into a semi with no gale or roberts

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 18 Aug 2017, 17:18

fwit in next 4 games you will see many changes can see tom holmes getting a bit of game time

Captain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Captain » 18 Aug 2017, 22:13

old cas lass wrote:DP as said he took a knock to his knee.
Luckily he was ok.
I thought I saw FATfita aiming at the knee in probably his second drive in.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 18 Aug 2017, 22:20

Captain wrote:
Luckily he was ok.
They are good friends so I very much doubt he would mean to hurt his mate.

Captain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Captain » 18 Aug 2017, 22:22

InTheKnow wrote:
Captain wrote:
Luckily he was ok.
They are good friends so I very much doubt he would mean to hurt his mate.
In the context of game emotion though it's possible. Not saying he was out to lame him, but if he had the opportunity to take out one of our big guns I'd have thought he'd go for it.

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 19 Aug 2017, 10:51

I have no or little idea how the modern game really works as regards fitness etc, and am totally confident that DP will select exactly the right combinations for our remaining 4 games before the play offs. He nearly always gets things right and knows far more than me or anyone else on here about how just where each and every individual player is at, regarding fitness etc.

However if you asked me my opinion, I would probably play as many fringe players as possible at Huddersfield, the strongest team available versus Leeds and ''mix and match'' in the last two games against Wigan and Hull.

I do not like losing any game, but if we were going to lose one then I would not be too perturbed if it was Hudds. Give all or as many fringe players as we can a go against them, go all out to win it, but if we lost it would not be the end of the world. With Hudds winning last night they are now in with a shout, and it would keep them interested for the rest of the season. Given they play Saints and Leeds in their last two games we want them interested and having a real go at their opposition. No easy ride for the Rhinos the week before the play offs.

Pick our best team of fit players against the Rhinos, get them beaten and make them hopefully have to go right to the end.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 19 Aug 2017, 11:04

Giant's last four are
Us at home
Salford away
Saints away
Leeds home

Their win last night but them in the hunt mathematically. Perhaps they can mix up the race with a giant spoon (no punch intended)

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 20 Aug 2017, 21:20

gateman wrote:Moors did not look too happy with his leg he seemed to keep casting his eye on it. give him at least a fortnight to get it right we cant afford any one not 100% in the semi final , now is the time to try our understudies
he's about to get 2 weeks off then rest him against hudds.

Should be 100% then and play next 3 to get back up to speed for the semi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Aug 2017, 21:33

Read a article by craig bellamy last year and he said he lost a grand final one year by resting his best players and they lost games and momentuim and couldnt get it back ..i think wel give some who didnt play against wakey a game at huddersfield then it will be strongest team up to semi
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 20 Aug 2017, 21:36

Our last regular fixture is Friday 22nd September. On this weekend, it's likely our semi-final opponents will need to win to make 4th place.
The semi final is 28th September.
I'd rest players on the 22nd. The team we play will have then had a 5/6 day turnaround. Or boys will have had 11 days.
The only issue is if Hull (who we play on 22nd) need to win to make 4th. We don't want to go into the semi on the back of a defeat by the team we play!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 21 Aug 2017, 08:09

What a great position to be in little old CAS looking down on the rest of the teams vying for top four places I never thought I would see the day, I am glad I am not Darrel's shoes who will be considering whether to play players or rest them , I personally would like him to play our strongest 17 the game before the semi final , up to then give our fringe players game time

heppy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by heppy » 21 Aug 2017, 15:59

nottinghamtiger wrote:Our last regular fixture is Friday 22nd September. On this weekend, it's likely our semi-final opponents will need to win to make 4th place.
I'd rest players on the 22nd. The team we play will have then had a 5/6 day turnaround. Or boys will have had 11 days.
The only issue is if Hull (who we play on 22nd) need to win to make 4th. We don't want to go into the semi on the back of a defeat by the team we play!
We would play a weakened team ,[and probably beat them ]

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 21 Aug 2017, 16:42

heppy wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:Our last regular fixture is Friday 22nd September. On this weekend, it's likely our semi-final opponents will need to win to make 4th place.
We would play a weakened team ,[and probably beat them ]
But if we beat them then they are unlikely to make 4th and therefore, won't have to play them in the semi. Therefore, the big question on the 22nd will be who do we want to play?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 21 Aug 2017, 16:43

Hull will finish 3rd. They are 2 wins ahead of the chasers with 4 to play.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Aug 2017, 09:48

bumped into one of the players this morning he was saying dp is thinking of giving all the guys who havnt had much rugby lately a game against huddersfield
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 25 Aug 2017, 13:05

tigerfeat wrote:bumped into one of the players this morning he was saying dp is thinking of giving all the guys who havnt had much rugby lately a game against huddersfield
Wouldn't surprise me. Think we will go closer to full strength away at Wigan and at home to Hull.