Going down......

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Going down......

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 20 Aug 2017, 18:19

Looking at middle 8s and at the moment Catalans are struggling and look like they could be in the £M game. Wonder what the RFL are thinking after all the "Help" they have had over the years?

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Re: Going down......

Post by Tigerwood posse » 20 Aug 2017, 18:27

They will be very worried and to be fair to Catalan, they have been pretty much the only real success in Super League ... 9k fans most weeks and it's supposed to be The Europeans Super League isn't it ?? I for one hope they stay up ... should be Salford there instead, they offer zero to Super League and their empty stadium embarrasses the whole sport !!

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 20 Aug 2017, 18:39

I bet the system is changed next year if they go down. Even though this season is the best it has ever worked.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 20 Aug 2017, 18:42

no doubt MR Wood and his merry men , will find a way to keep them in super league , any one away from the heartlands will be a special case

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 20 Aug 2017, 19:01

Tigerwood posse wrote:They will be very worried and to be fair to Catalan, they have been pretty much the only real success in Super League ... 9k fans most weeks and it's supposed to be The Europeans Super League isn't it ?? I for one hope they stay up ... should be Salford there instead, they offer zero to Super League and their empty stadium embarrasses the whole sport !!
Its a strange situation. I agree about Salford lack of support but they play good rugby , have a passionate owner who is trying his best to raise the profile of the club and the 2000 or so real fans are proper rugby supporters. Its not their fault the rest of the area are UTD or City fans . I hope they move to Manchester , create a real fan base and stay in SL. Catalans should be replaced with Hull Kr as they bring nothing in terms of away support.

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 20 Aug 2017, 19:36

Apart from away support I honestly think Catalans have been good for SL, they have good passionate support and do provide a nice yearly trip for away fans. Looking at their personnel, on paper they should no way be in this position. However after watching them quite a few times this season, I can honestly say they have been dire and double dire yesterday. They were lucky against London and in hindsight, how they ran us so close the other week I don't know. It was actually their only good performance for some time now.

Viewing them is like watching the paint dry, and they could send a glass eye to sleep. They are a big set with some big men, but many of them are dinosaurs with no finesse or skill sets whatsoever. To me it's a sad state of affairs, but they really have been terribly poor.

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 20 Aug 2017, 20:05

Another performance like yesterday and I don't think they'll even make the MPG!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 20 Aug 2017, 20:17

Sounds like there is a split in the camp between the French players & the Samoan/Aus contingent.

Throw in the chairmen who is outspoken to say the least and a coach who's average at best its a recipe for disaster. Bet Halifax will be fancying their chances in a couple of weeks.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 20 Aug 2017, 20:48

Contracts null and void
Busquets
Inu
Moa

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 20 Aug 2017, 21:17

I like the idea of Catalans, but they made their own bed when they decided to buy washed up Aussoe discipline cases instead of really developing French talent.

It's no coincidence that all the best French players are on English teams- poor management by Catalans.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 24 Aug 2017, 18:53

There is NO WAY the RFL will allow Catalan to fail.
I have no idea what's coming but it will be sorted.

Strange things may happen

robbo
Truth is always best !

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 24 Aug 2017, 20:49

If Wakefield dont sort a ground out they could be relegated to save Catalans? You just never know with the RFL.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 Aug 2017, 23:46

never been to catalan game but was planning on going next year. always enjoy going to wakey especially when we win. hard choice.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 25 Aug 2017, 12:38

It would be an absolute disgrace to relegate Wakefield on the state of their ground,it's probably my least favourite grounds, zzz I'm not a great lover of Wakefield but the have earned their place where it counts.
The will if need be expand the number of teams if the are desperate to keep Catalan in the top tier.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 Aug 2017, 12:44

wakefield dragons has a ring to it. lol. they've earned the right to stay up on the field.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 25 Aug 2017, 13:10

I think it will be next year where Wakey might find themselves in trouble if they do not have any concrete plans in place for the move away from BV.

If Catalans go down this year they would surely be favorites for a return in 2019 - that might be at the expense of Wakey if they don't get their act together. Done brilliantly this year though even though we have beaten them on all 3 occasions.