Sky Games - Note to Forum Users

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Sky Games - Note to Forum Users

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Aug 2017, 13:05

I believe the plan was to retain WR as a training venue and for the Kids to play at. We could probably sell off the car park for a bit of cash to refurb it all.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

kippistiger

Post by kippistiger » 22 Aug 2017, 14:00

IMO if we keep WR it will cost us a fortune year on year in up keep its in need of major works now

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 22 Aug 2017, 15:04

Keep the training area and sell the main ground.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 Aug 2017, 16:18

if we do get our new stadium , what about using the middle of PONTY Race course for out side training, when we say good bye to the old girl it will be a new start all round

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 22 Aug 2017, 18:36

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Were the monies owed to the Fultons not transferred in to shares instead if paying them back Robbo?
No that was the impression given but Ian and his Sister took the remaining shares but the debt is still there attracting interest.
I would need to look at the file but conversion date ( for debt to be re paid is 2018-2020 ).
If it was the shares issued would be cancelled.

The old place needs dropping you cannot keep that going with costs. Deck it ,sell it and buy some land to build a training facility on. Just my view.
Robbo
Truth is always best !

p.s.
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by p.s. » 22 Aug 2017, 20:33

As I made my way to my seat on Thursday, I noticed that the front row of the “away” directors’ box had the names of the RFL dignitaries on them. Later they arrived and Big Nigel took his seat. The bloke allocated the next seat was also quite a hefty chap and it was comical watching them try to get comfortable, In the end discretion proved the better part of valour and he moved onto the row behind, being replaced by a bloke of smaller girth. I guess our new ground will need wider seats!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 22 Aug 2017, 23:04

ERG2012 wrote:
lurcher wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Just to let all of you know that the last 3 rounds of the Super 8s are still subject to potential change.

The anticipated dates that games will be picked are:

Round 5 - Later this week
Round 6 - w/c Sept 4th
Final Round - w/c Sept 11th

Looking at the fixtures, I've got a feeling our game v Wigan may be affected - here's what I think games will be:

Round 5
Wakefield v Saints
Hull v Wigan

Round 6
Hull v Wakefield
Wigan v Cas

Round 7
Wakefield v Wigan
Salford v Saints

I sincerely hope they don't pick us for our home games v Leeds and Hull as they're certain to be near capacity affairs I'd have thought.
wigan athletic are at home on the Saturday and they are reluctant nowadays to let the pies play on previous days due to the pitch.
Our game is scheduled for Sunday - probably for that exact reason
I know it is. I was responding to hudds who thinks it may be moved by sky.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 23 Aug 2017, 10:25

Maybe missing something here Robbo. If the shares werent to replace any debts to the Fultons, totally agree they should be reimbursed, then why were the shares "Given". If the debt remains then I dont see why additional shares were required.

I believe the stadium will be sold and used for housing and the money "Shared out" with the shareholders not leaving much money once debts are repaid. Just my view.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 23 Aug 2017, 18:38

It was about control;. He wanted it. Didn't want minor shareholders like me calling EGM`s.

So that can no longer happen. Should remember who was the driving force in bringing change.
Anyway as long as we are doing it on the field no-one cares.

I still fancy us to win it.
robbo
Truth is always best !

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 23 Aug 2017, 22:44

Robbo wrote:I wonder where the 1300 fans would have gone had we been in the new ground.

We really must push for a 15k capacity.

We will add 10% just by having modern ,clean facilities.

So much easier to get this right at the planning stage.

There are loads of untapped areas to the north that we are not reaching. Word is spreading about our prowess on the field and if we can back it up with facilities fit for 2020 then we can generate some revenue.
Selling 10 boxes at 100k for a 10 year lease would put a million in the pot. Naming rights could generate a similar amount.
We must think big.

Robbo
Absolutely fully agree. We are now at a position in our history where we could be anything we want, but a 15k stadium is a must, to realise those ambitions. I know beggars cannot be choosers, and we are both relying on and grateful to Lateral for the stadium, but to me every attempt must be made to at least attempt to get extra funding for an appropriate capacity stadium. Warrington only averaged about 4300 before their new stadium and their attendances rocketed almost 3 times after they moved in, and their are many other examples from various sports.

I am telling anyone we can put at least 5k on our attendances in a new state of the art stadium, and more. Robbo you are right, I travel extensively in many towns and areas to the north and west of Cas and I am telling you we are a mini institution in most. I myself know literally boat loads of people from all over, who love us but don't go but they would do in a new stadium. For many reasons, access is another people don't mention, the poor access to Wheldon Road and of course it's poor facilities.

On Thursday there were officially around 700 fans from Wakey, which meant there were 10,500 approx Cas fans. Yet I know loads who were desperate to go but couldn't because of it being on a Thursday. They were gutted at not being able to go. Imagine if the game had been played on a Sunday afternoon or it had been against Leeds or Hull with the winners taking the LLS.

Incidentally out of our 13 home SL games this year only 3 have been on our preferred day of Sunday and 7 have been televised. Because of this we've also had one of the lowest average away supports for a long time, with only three games, Leeds, Wakey on Good Friday and Hull bringing any substantial support, and Hulls was well well down on normal due to the game being switched at the 11th hour. They were offset with 4 clubs bringing not much more than the proverbial 2 men and a dog.

I know you can say we have had a winning team, but you've got to cater for a winning team. A 10K only capacity would limit our ambitions. There are many examples of large supported sports teams from small townships due to attracting support from a wide area, Green Bay Packers (population 90,000 only - average crowds 60,000) being a prime example. Seriously the key to this is to stop seeing ourselves as a small town club, to one that is based in a small town, but with a large and enthusiastic catchment area.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 Aug 2017, 22:51

Herbert Latch wrote:
Robbo wrote:I wonder where the 1300 fans would have gone had we been in the new ground.

There are loads of untapped areas to the north that we are not reaching. Word is spreading about our prowess on the field and if we can back it up with facilities fit for 2020 then we can generate some revenue.
Selling 10 boxes at 100k for a 10 year lease would put a million in the pot. Naming rights could generate a similar amount.
We must think big.

Robbo
Absolutely fully agree. We are now at a position in our history where we could be anything we want, but a 15k stadium is a must, to realise those ambitions. I know beggars cannot be choosers, and we are both relying on and grateful to Lateral for the stadium, but to me every attempt must be made to at least attempt to get extra funding for an appropriate capacity stadium. Warrington only averaged about 4300 before their new stadium and their attendances rocketed almost 3 times after they moved in, and their are many other examples from various sports.

I am telling anyone we can put at least 5k on our attendances in a new state of the art stadium, and more. Robbo you are right, I travel extensively in many towns and areas to the north and west of Cas and I am telling you we are a mini institution in most. I myself know literally boat loads of people from all over, who love us but don't go but they would do in a new stadium. For many reasons, access is another people don't mention, the poor access to Wheldon Road and of course it's poor facilities.

On Thursday there were officially around 700 fans from Wakey, which meant there were 10,500 approx Cas fans. Yet I know loads who were desperate to go but couldn't because of it being on a Thursday. They were gutted at not being able to go. Imagine if the game had been played on a Sunday afternoon or it had been against Leeds or Hull with the winners taking the LLS.

Incidentally out of our 13 home SL games this year only 3 have been on our preferred day of Sunday and 7 have been televised. Because of this we've also had one of the lowest average away supports for a long time, with only three games, Leeds, Wakey on Good Friday and Hull bringing any substantial support, and Hulls was well well down on normal due to the game being switched at the 11th hour. They were offset with 4 clubs bringing not much more than the proverbial 2 men and a dog.

I know you can say we have had a winning team, but you've got to cater for a winning team. A 10K only capacity would limit our ambitions. There are many examples of large supported sports teams from small townships due to attracting support from a wide area, Green Bay Packers (population 90,000 only - average crowds 60,000) being a prime example. Seriously the key to this is to stop seeing ourselves as a small town club, to one that is based in a small town, but with a large and enthusiastic catchment area.
plus loads of people were gutted that were away on holiday as the schools were out.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 24 Aug 2017, 14:00

lurcher wrote:
Herbert Latch wrote:

We must think big.

Robbo

plus loads of people were gutted that were away on holiday as the schools were out.
Superb post and you nailed it. Spot on.

Robbo
Truth is always best !

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 29 Aug 2017, 13:01

Wakefield v Saints and Hull v Wigan confirmed for 7th/8th September.

Catalans v Fev on Saturday.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 29 Aug 2017, 13:08

HuddsTigers wrote:Wakefield v Saints and Hull v Wigan confirmed for 7th/8th September.

Catalans v Fev on Saturday.
:lol:
Audacter Et Sincere

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Aug 2017, 17:36

Cant get enough of my rugby this time of the year, three or four professional match's on a good week plus my beloved Normanton Knights on a Saturday , when this comes to an end trailing round looking for were an amateur game is being played, this year on the plus side we have the tests down under to look forward to

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Sep 2017, 16:47

Last two rounds have now been announced.

Cas v Hull will now be televised on 22nd Sept

TV picks are

Round 6
Hull v Wakey
Hull KR v Catalans
Widnes v London

Round 7
Salford v Saints
Cas v Hull
Wakefield v Wigan