Squad for Next Year So Far

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Squad for Next Year So Far

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Sep 2017, 12:48

1. Hardaker
2. Minikin
3. Webster
4. Shenton
5. Eden
6. Roberts
7. Gale
8. Millington
9. McShane
10. Cook
11. Sene-Lefao
12. McMeeken
13. Milner
14. Massey
15. Wardle
16. Trueman
17. Moors
18. Springer
19. Patrick
20. Hitchcox
21. Foster
22. Douglas
23. Gill
24. Lo
25. Egodo
26. Fitzsimmons
27. Maher
28. Sheehan

Clark, Crooks and a couple of kids potentially still to throw in.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Squad for Next Year So Far

Post by Scoopage » 25 Sep 2017, 12:53

The first 17-19 picks itself imo with the rest pushing for starts.very similar to this year just hope it's a similar season

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 25 Sep 2017, 14:15

Sheehan hasn't signed a new deal yet. Neither has Fitzsimmons. Agree about the 'kids' said a lot to me on Thursday with Robbie Storey and Luis Johnson 18th/19th man. It only took a slight niggle to Webbo/Benny For them to be thrown in there. Best batch of young fellas we've had in a while.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 25 Sep 2017, 14:35

HuddsTigers wrote:1. Hardaker
2. Minikin
3. Webster
4. Shenton
5. Eden
6. Roberts
7. Gale
8. Millington
9. McShane
10. Cook
11. Sene-Lefao
12. McMeeken
13. Milner
14. Massey
15. Wardle
16. Trueman
17. Moors
18. Springer
19. Patrick
20. Hitchcox
21. Foster
22. Douglas
23. Gill
24. Lo
25. Egodo
26. Fitzsimmons
27. Maher
28. Sheehan

Ollie Holmes too. Jaques O'Neill and Callum McClelland in the mix. Callum Bustin will also be in the first team squad. Takes us to around 33. I think there will be at least one more signing. 2 tops.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 25 Sep 2017, 18:01

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:1. Hardaker
2. Minikin
3. Webster
4. Shenton
5. Eden
6. Roberts
7. Gale
8. Millington
9. McShane
10. Cook
11. Sene-Lefao
12. McMeeken
13. Milner
14. Massey
15. Wardle
16. Trueman
17. Moors
18. Springer
19. Patrick
20. Hitchcox
21. Foster
22. Douglas
23. Gill
24. Lo
25. Egodo
26. Fitzsimmons
27. Maher
28. Sheehan

Ollie Holmes too. Jaques O'Neill and Callum McClelland in the mix. Callum Bustin will also be in the first team squad. Takes us to around 33. I think there will be at least one more signing. 2 tops.
Can't see there been anymore from what you have put there. Presume quite a few will have had new deals on more cash.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 25 Sep 2017, 21:06

a big squad keeping them fit and happy will be an headache, a few out on loan in the champion ship Sheffield Halifax or London who have good coaches would be good shouts , lending players to teams like Oxford serves no purpose they are hardly as good as some of the amateur teams

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 25 Sep 2017, 22:35

Sending lads to Oxford doesn't serve AS MUCH a purpose. However many people want reserves back which would be a similar level.

We also have to take into account contracts for 2019 and beyond.

Crooks, Douglas, Eden, Egodo, Hitchcox, Holmes, Milner, Trueman, JSL & Webbo all o.o.c at the end of next season.

I expect a busy winter again sorting extensions (mostly will be a improvement in contract also)

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 25 Sep 2017, 22:48

Casmoley wrote:Sending lads to Oxford doesn't serve AS MUCH a purpose. However many people want reserves back which would be a similar level.

Crooks, Douglas, Eden, Egodo, Hitchcox, Holmes, Milner, Trueman, JSL & Webbo all o.o.c at the end of next season.

I expect a busy winter again sorting extensions (mostly will be a improvement in contract also)
JSL has just got a new home last week. I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't already signed an extension

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 26 Sep 2017, 00:33

Casmoley wrote:Sheehan hasn't signed a new deal yet. Neither has Fitzsimmons. Agree about the 'kids' said a lot to me on Thursday with Robbie Storey and Luis Johnson 18th/19th man. It only took a slight niggle to Webbo/Benny For them to be thrown in there. Best batch of young fellas we've had in a while.
that was very nice to see. gave the lads a taste of super league without actually playing. a bit of a reward for the effort they've put in and a shirt with their names on. :clap:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 26 Sep 2017, 06:56

PSTiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:Sending lads to Oxford doesn't serve AS MUCH a purpose. However many people want reserves back which would be a similar level.

JSL has just got a new home last week. I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't already signed an extension

Exactly and it doesn't look like a cheap place so I wouldn't be surprised if he's had a increase.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 26 Sep 2017, 08:11

Let's not forget during the off season we are going to lose between 6-10 players to the World Cup these players arnt expected back in camp until after the new year.there will also be 1-2 players that may need surgery/extended rest so I believe the plan is to start pre season with a squad of around 30 players. Once the season starts 8/9 will be eligible for the u19s whist I believe a fair number will go out on loan/duel regastration.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 26 Sep 2017, 09:08

Good post Braytontiger, as you have pointed out a number of our squad can still play in the under 19s I had a lot of enjoyment watching these lads last year when they were playing above their age, finishing 2nd in the league was a great achievement , lets hope the club try and work these matches away from when TV rugby is shown as I am sure we would have an increase in turnout to watch the young guns

Weareone

Post by Weareone » 28 Sep 2017, 07:26

[quote="fords"][quote="RonnieGibbs'forearm"][quote="HuddsTigers"]1. Hardaker
2. Minikin
3. Webster
4. Shenton
5. Eden
6. Roberts
7. Gale
8. Millington
9. McShane
10. Cook
11. Sene-Lefao
12. McMeeken
13. Milner
14. Massey
15. Wardle
16. Patrick
17. Moors
18. Springer
19. Hitchcox
20. Foster
21. Douglas
22. Gill
23. Lo
24. Egodo
25. Maher
26. Trueman
27. Oneill .
And new sighnings

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Sep 2017, 08:18

A big worry for me is Oliver Holmes this lad seems to stumble from one injury to the next hardly donning a jersey this season, a fit Oliver I rank as one of the best second row forwards in the competition and a nicer lad you could not wish to meet, I am sure the club is doing all in their power to get Oliver up and running, if you read this Oliver get well SOON

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 28 Sep 2017, 09:22

What's latest
Audacter Et Sincere

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 Sep 2017, 15:25

gateman wrote:A big worry for me is Oliver Holmes this lad seems to stumble from one injury to the next hardly donning a jersey this season, a fit Oliver I rank as one of the best second row forwards in the competition and a nicer lad you could not wish to meet, I am sure the club is doing all in their power to get Oliver up and running, if you read this Oliver get well SOON
larnes been the same. him and Ollie have barely played 10 games between them.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 09 Nov 2017, 12:48

a lot of our fans are not too happy with the clubs recruitment, some think we will not get in the top four I am more optimistic , obvious ZAK is going to be missed, I had the same thoughts when Rangi went first time, then last year it was the snake, our recruitment so far == forwards Green Clark both lads with something to prove, Wardle our top signing ,Douglas it will be nice to see how he goes after a great season in the championship, Oliver Holmes if he as overcome the injury, that kept him side-lined for most of last season he will be like a new signing , these will take the places of Patrick Maher and my old favourite Andy Lynch who I thought did one season too long, Backs == LO + Jamie Ellis instead of Tom Holmes and Monagan

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 09 Nov 2017, 13:21

gateman wrote:a lot of our fans are not too happy with the clubs recruitment, some think we will not get in the top four I am more optimistic , obvious ZAK is going to be missed, I had the same thoughts when Rangi went first time, then last year it was the snake, our recruitment so far == forwards Green Clark both lads with something to prove, Wardle our top signing ,Douglas it will be nice to see how he goes after a great season in the championship, Oliver Holmes if he as overcome the injury, that kept him side-lined for most of last season he will be like a new signing , these will take the places of Patrick Maher and my old favourite Andy Lynch who I thought did one season too long, Backs == LO + Jamie Ellis instead of Tom Holmes and Monagan

Guess when you put it that way its not so bad.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 09 Nov 2017, 14:36

Gary lo for me would be 1 of the starting wingers over minikin.offers more size in defence and stronger more powerfull runs coming out of our own half.him and webbo would be like old days when carney was here and people had nightmares of them running at them

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 10 Nov 2017, 00:11

Gary Lo plays on the left for PNG. Wouldn't be surprised if Eden hits full back spot hard this pre season. We see him at FB next year, Minikin on right and Lo on left.