On The Threshold of Greatness.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: On The Threshold of Greatness.

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 06 Oct 2017, 20:27

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Having been a fan and watching my first game in the Floodlit Trophy I along with most have witnessed some fantstic highs and lows in my time.

Floolit Trophy
Wembley 69,70 and 86
Yorkshire Cup
Regal Trophy v Wigan
Promotion back to SL twice
LLS this season

All highs from being 5/6 year old.

Relegation twice.
Wembley runners up twice.
God knows how many semi finals we have fallen short in. London @ Headingley was probably tge worst I have ever felt after seemingly scoring to get to Wembley. I forgive you now Lynchy.
Rochdale at home was also a serious low at the time.

All this was mainly due to my dad who first took me darnt lane as a nipper. For that I thank him immensly. Sadly he wont be there tomorrow but I will have a minute for him as I did after we beat Saints. I just stood and watched our players and fans celebrating wildly and had a few seconds looking at the Saints players and thinking "I know how you feel".

Tomorrow is my/our time and if you have that hero that introduced you to Castleford Tigers that cant/wont be there tomorrow then please take a moment to remember them at some stage during the proceedings. Enjoy.

Thank you dad.
Crazily, since winning it in 1986, we have only appeared in 6 CC semis. That is unbelievable, especially considering it's been a 12-14 team top tier.

I also watched the Saints lot and felt the same.
Massive day tomo. Let's sack off the rumourmongering and focus on willing the boys to win. Under Powell, whoever turns out from that squad is capabale of making us GF champions.
COYF

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 06 Oct 2017, 20:29

Hi one tiger
My wife,two sons ,daughter,her partner and my Eighty Eight year old father in law.
You still haven't collected your bottle of spirit from my wager earlier this season.
Do you want to swap it for a bottle of bubbly to celebrate the result.
Hope our senior supporters finally see the dream become a reality.

rockinhorse

Post by rockinhorse » 06 Oct 2017, 20:33

Casjunction will have a very special package with him tomorrow, a man in his eighties who has been going darn t'lane for 80 of his years. He is my Father and I have stood and sat with him at more games than I care to remember.

I cannot be there tomorrow as I am in Spain but I will watching and bursting with pride, sad that I am not sad in the stands but happy that, 40 years to the year since my first game and 80 years for my Dad, I will be witnessing our greatest hour.

The players will have fire in their hearts but the heads will be in the freezer, both filled will cold, hard resolve. They will be buoyed by the greatest coach in the game and backed by the best fans in sport.

Tomorrow is our destiny and we all have a part to play. Play your part with passion and clarity we will prevail of that I have no doubt.

To my family... Enjoy your day and if you listen closely you may hear Sweet Caroline from Calpe.
A BANANA SHAPED UMBRELLA!!

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 06 Oct 2017, 20:39

Surreycasfan wrote:Love this humble club and it's wonderful fans xx
My Dad took to my first game in 1958 when I was 6 yoa and I was hooked. My first hero was Albert Lunn who was our full back, later to become our groundsman.
Cas RLFC is truly in my blood having watched them home and away for 59 years so I have experienced the good times and the bad.
We need to savour this season like no other in our history and really go for it as the RL world recognises only the GF winners as real Champions.
All Cas fans should believe we really can win tomorrow, making history for ourselves and the whole of Rugby League, putting a new name on the trophy and prove that our wonderful club has finally got what it takes to take our place in Super League history.
My Dad (and Uncle Frank) will be looking down with the biggest smile on their faces and I'm just so sorry they're not here to enjoy the season we have witnessed and our real chance of glory..

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 06 Oct 2017, 20:46

My dad took me when I was 3 in 1958.
Used to run up and down the step in the princess street stand.
Never watch a game until I was about 5/6.
Got the club running through my veins.
59 years later I’m sat here on the verge of seeing our/my club play in a grand final.
Sounds good hey.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 06 Oct 2017, 20:52

Loving the posts! keep the posivitity going!.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 06 Oct 2017, 21:15

onetiger wrote:well this is a sad time but happy time
when we set off to the game saturdat with me will be my wife two brothers in law sister in law and my grandpa
who is age 92yrs of age this will be the last game he will be going to as ill health as got the better of him
and as he said its time to hang up his boots.i so hope and pray that he can see castigers win .
That sounds great and brought back a memory of when I took my dad to his last live match at the age of 80 in 1992. We beat Hull (at last) in the cup semi at Headingley in a gritty 8-4 win
Like many others he gave me my love of the game and I've passed it on to the next generation. Thanks Dad . Thanks Cas

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 06 Oct 2017, 21:34

I'll be at the game tomorrow with my wife,my daughter,my mum,my sister and my two nephews and my son will be with the non playing first team players. Sadly I lost both my dad and brother due to that horrible disease,both Cas until they died literally last year.

I'm immensely proud of my town and heritage I was born to be a Cas fan it was in my blood even the wife says she comes a close second to Castleford Tigers.ive been pretty relaxed all week but I know I'm going to shed a tear at some point tomorrow,I'm praying for a win but if it's not to be then I can treasure a memory I never thought I'd see. Now get their and raise the roof COYFs

Proud Tiger

Post by Proud Tiger » 06 Oct 2017, 23:11

Hi all, first post so go easy!

Just wanted to echo everyone's thoughts not only for tomorrow regardless of the result but to show appreciation for Darryl Powell and the boys on what has been a fantastic 2017 for the Tigers club, we have come such a long way since those dark times under Ian Milward where we were at times seen as the whipping boys of Super League.

I have been a Cas fan for the last 30 years and my Dad and Grandad many years before this, I fondly remember being stood on a milk crate at the Wheldon Road End at 5 years old so that I was tall enough to see over the railings, it always makes me laugh when I see kids stood on small stools in that very spot all these years later.

I was fortunate enough to speak with a few of the players with my Dad at the Cas Tigers Supporters Club event pre season and you could tell with the way the likes of Massey and Milner were talking even before a whistle had been blown, that they genuinely believed that this could be our year and boy have they delivered on that!

I will be there tomorrow with my Wife, Father, Father in Law, Brother in Law and Nephew, as a few people have posted there will be families who have either lost loved ones or be without family members through ill health or other reasons, I know we will shout that little bit louder for my Grandad who unfortunately cant be there in person due to family illness but recognise that was it not for his passion for this proud club, we wouldn't religiously turn up darn t' lane or away come rain or shine.

This will be the last Cas game I attend as my family and I are emigrating to Australia in December so along with the immense pride I will feel as the boys walk out to a cauldron of noise and Black & Amber, I know that this is the last time I will be a part of an occasion like this for some time, as a 35 year old bloke I'm not afraid to admit this will be emotional. Under Darryl we trust, I along with the 20 plus thousand Cas fans will be cheering in unison as the Tigers of 2017 grace the field and show the world why WE have not only the best players in Super League but why we are the Club of the Year. COYF

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 06 Oct 2017, 23:24

Proud Tiger wrote:Hi all, first post so go easy!

Just wanted to echo everyone's thoughts not only for tomorrow regardless of the result but to show appreciation for Darryl Powell and the boys on what has been a fantastic 2017 for the Tigers club, we have come such a long way since those dark times under Ian Milward where we were at times seen as the whipping boys of Super League.

I have been a Cas fan for the last 30 years and my Dad and Grandad many years before this, I fondly remember being stood on a milk crate at the Wheldon Road End at 5 years old so that I was tall enough to see over the railings, it always makes me laugh when I see kids stood on small stools in that very spot all these years later.

I was fortunate enough to speak with a few of the players with my Dad at the Cas Tigers Supporters Club event pre season and you could tell with the way the likes of Massey and Milner were talking even before a whistle had been blown, that they genuinely believed that this could be our year and boy have they delivered on that!

I will be there tomorrow with my Wife, Father, Father in Law, Brother in Law and Nephew, as a few people have posted there will be families who have either lost loved ones or be without family members through ill health or other reasons, I know we will shout that little bit louder for my Grandad who unfortunately cant be there in person due to family illness but recognise that was it not for his passion for this proud club, we wouldn't religiously turn up darn t' lane or away come rain or shine.

This will be the last Cas game I attend as my family and I are emigrating to Australia in December so along with the immense pride I will feel as the boys walk out to a cauldron of noise and Black & Amber, I know that this is the last time I will be a part of an occasion like this for some time, as a 35 year old bloke I'm not afraid to admit this will be emotional. Under Darryl we trust, I along with the 20 plus thousand Cas fans will be cheering in unison as the Tigers of 2017 grace the field and show the world why WE have not only the best players in Super League but why we are the Club of the Year. COYF
:clap:

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 06 Oct 2017, 23:31

Proud Tiger wrote:Hi all, first post so go easy!

:clap: Enjoy the day and good luck in Oz.

There will be more tears if we win tomorrow than there will be if we lose. Incredibly emotional as there is so much history and depth in what it means to our club.

Can't wait... Can't sleep....

Proud Tiger

Post by Proud Tiger » 06 Oct 2017, 23:52

Cheers! Heading out to Adelaide to start a new life down in under but will be proud to stand amongst you all tomorrow cheering the boys to victory one last time. Feels like Xmas Eve, cant sleep. Come on Cas lets give McDermott something to really cry about ha ha!

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 07 Oct 2017, 00:09

Just to dampen the spirits of everyone: I'm bricking it. Just thought I'd let everyone know. Not sure if it Christmas Eve or the night before a public execution. Time for a stiff whisky. Have a good'un everyone.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

COYF1958

Post by COYF1958 » 07 Oct 2017, 00:18

https://youtu.be/U5TXTAjzaU4

Remember the danger of a Tiger

RKid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by RKid » 07 Oct 2017, 00:35

COYF1958 wrote:https://youtu.be/U5TXTAjzaU4

Remember the danger of a Tiger