I'm Cas until I Die!!

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: I'm Cas until I Die!!

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 08 Oct 2017, 22:47

I'm happy to keep the current arrangements
We just have to play the game next season and use the rules to our advantage
It means that we just have to finish in the top 4, use our winning semi experience and we are at Old Trafford again

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 09 Oct 2017, 12:25

I'm sure many, like me, are still hurting and I for one will never forget these feelings.

I can only hope the players feel exactly the same and use the pain to fire them on to greater things. There's certainly no cause for moaning and groaning at the players, club, Powell or Uncle Tom Cobbly 'cause that will achieve nothing.

I have now watched the game several times and for me it simply came down to Leeds' style of paly suiting the conditions. If five drives and a kick are all you need to win the GF then so be it but on reflection, things could've been slightly different.

Briscoe's second try was the result of a massive forward pass and Eden had the ball knocked out of his grasp in the process of scoring. 18-12 would've put a very different perspective on the game but you get nowt with if only's.

Here's to next year and a new campaign to support.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 09 Oct 2017, 14:51

anyone know when next years fixtures are released.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 11 Oct 2017, 15:37

in about 3 weeks I think.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Oct 2017, 08:15

I know the lads and all the backroom people need a rest, but it always seems an age till the season Kicks off I shall be filling my time in on a Saturdays hunting round to watch an amateur game , I do hope we have a friendly on boxing day to blow the cobwebs off before a pint or two , any of you who want to see a game this Saturday Normanton Knights V Lock Lane 2-30 KO promotion play off game, hope you don't mind the plug

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 12 Oct 2017, 09:37

Saturday did hurt, but would you choose mid-table mediocrity over mixing it with the big boys and losing a final.
I wouldn't be swapping seasons with Huddersfield, for example.
When I was at the Headingley cricket test, during lunch I had a walk around the rugby pitch. I've attended professional courses in the Carnegie stand. Then at Cas I see our big tyres and telegraph poles outside the training pitch and see what we're up against with clubs like Leeds. (No wonder Brian Mac feels the pressure).
Then I feel proud and know why I'm Cas till I die and prefer being hurt in finals just to show how we mix it with those who have it all.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 12 Oct 2017, 21:33

cogito ergo sum wrote:Saturday did hurt, but would you choose mid-table mediocrity over mixing it with the big boys and losing a final.
I wouldn't be swapping seasons with Huddersfield, for example.
When I was at the Headingley cricket test, during lunch I had a walk around the rugby pitch. I've attended professional courses in the Carnegie stand. Then at Cas I see our big tyres and telegraph poles outside the training pitch and see what we're up against with clubs like Leeds. (No wonder Brian Mac feels the pressure).
Then I feel proud and know why I'm Cas till I die and prefer being hurt in finals just to show how we mix it with those who have it all.
Great post. We've made the "establishment" feel uncomfortable this year - helped by the whiff of the malt kilns and the shadow cast by Hicksons. I like that.