GF Result

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

GF Result

Post by InTheKnow » 07 Oct 2017, 22:24

Well...it wasn't to be but by heck. It was great to see our little town and beloved Cas in bright Orange as Old Trafford.

What an amazing experience and I for one, even though we were easily beaten tonight, am not too disheartened. We've come so far and it will all help for our next GF appearance.

It was a tough week which didn't help and Leeds are the kings of OT. We lost to the better team so no complaints.

The things I need to mention.... Minikin was fully outplayed by Hall today. Had no answer to the high ball and came unstuck a few times. Only young so hopefully will learn from the experience.

Eden isn't a full back.... His positioning is poor, he isn't great under a high ball and his tackling isn't up to scratch. At a guess I would say his leadership from behind the line isn't the best either. If the worst comes out and we don't have Zak next year....we must find ourselves a new full back.

Ben Roberts didn't rise to the occasion in either the semi or the final. Too many easy mistakes even though you could tell he was 100% trying. Possibly nerves so I won't get on at him.

Then finally just too many mistakes all over the park from everyone. Think Moors knocked on 3/4 times.

Onwards and upwards anyway. Keep up the good work everyone involved with Cas and let's carry on this amazing season into 2018.

Hope to see plenty down at ground tomorrow!!

All Cas aren't we!!!

andymc133
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: GF Result

Post by andymc133 » 07 Oct 2017, 22:43

Celebrate the season not morn today's loss

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 08 Oct 2017, 03:09

Wish I'd read the last two posts on this thread (which I can relate to) earlier, rather than some of the real negative anti-Powell ones on other threads (which I can't)

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 08 Oct 2017, 08:53

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Wish I'd read the last two posts on this thread (which I can relate to) earlier, rather than some of the real negative anti-Powell ones on other threads (which I can't)
Exactly. What a fun and great season we have had. Beat by the better team yesterday.

North Queensland Cowboys at Sheldon Road in February. Who's up for that??

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 08 Oct 2017, 10:32

Can't wait to see Jonathan Thurston, Jason Taumalolo and Matt Scott. See how we play against true World Class players

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 08 Oct 2017, 10:59

Crap result for us the day out was great my son parked within easy walking distance a few beers before the game the expectancy going up to the game a fantastic stadium , the GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 08 Oct 2017, 12:14

InTheKnow wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:Wish I'd read the last two posts on this thread (which I can relate to) earlier, rather than some of the real negative anti-Powell ones on other threads (which I can't)
Exactly. What a fun and great season we have had. Beat by the better team yesterday.

Meant to say Wheldon road obviously. Stupid autocorrect on phone.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 08 Oct 2017, 12:26

InTheKnow wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:

Meant to say Wheldon road obviously. Stupid autocorrect on phone.
Won't get any if the aussies get their away and it's scrapped
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 08 Oct 2017, 12:29

That would be typical of our luck if the Aussies decide to scrap it. Lets hope they dont because that will be another big day/night.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 08 Oct 2017, 12:31

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:That would be typical of our luck if the Aussies decide to scrap it. Lets hope they dont because that will be another big day/night.
And we'd get absolutely battered lol
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 08 Oct 2017, 12:34

Maybe but we would be early on in the season with probably a full squad so you never know. Just out of a full pre season so you would hope we would be in good shape.

Wont stop me going.

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 08 Oct 2017, 22:25

Watch RL. It's OK sometimes.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

johnnya

Post by johnnya » 09 Oct 2017, 09:31

Sadly we all know the result and I haven't read all the posts. However, yet another instance of not taking the 2 points on offer to take an early lead? Whatever the outcome of the kick, the game is then COMPLETELY different! Yes, you can say that about any incident but...