Zak - The Truth

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Zak - The Truth

Post by fords » 19 Oct 2017, 12:43

TT Tiger wrote:I’m saying that Leeds fans are saying someone tried to tamper with the sample to cover it up that’s why it took a month to come out.
So not that he's clean then .....

2yr ban still. Next

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 19 Oct 2017, 14:09

WF10 wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:New twist in the tail. Rumours are circulating the loiners that Hardakers sample was tampered with. I don’t know it what way but that is doing the rounds in Leeds.
Ha ha, conspiracy theory eh? Is that the A test or B? Or have both been tampered with? Where is this rumour coming from? Message boards or word of mouth. False flag drugs tests, whatever next? :)
If you completely forget that he virtually admitted to sniffing coke like a hoover in his statement, I think this has got legs.
:lol:

devontiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by devontiger » 20 Oct 2017, 19:12

Get real people if this had been Sam Tomkins you would have wanted him hung by the neck if he has been found positive for a drugs test then he needs to be banned

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 20 Oct 2017, 19:37

I go along with being banned if and when he is found guilty, but why the hell after being found to have taken drugs it takes MONTHS before a verdict is given, this is no good for al the party's concerned, I do wish they would get their act together so every one can move on

devontiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by devontiger » 20 Oct 2017, 19:47

Did he not admit taking drugs by apologising to the club and fans.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 20 Oct 2017, 20:03

gateman wrote:I go along with being banned if and when he is found guilty, but why the hell after being found to have taken drugs it takes MONTHS before a verdict is given, this is no good for al the party's concerned, I do wish they would get their act together so every one can move on
Agree with this terrible for a person to be left hanging in the unkown horrible for the club not been able to finalise squads it shouldn’t take more than a couple of weeks to sort it’s damaging to clubs in financial player wise and the player in financial and mental health

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 20 Oct 2017, 20:08

devontiger wrote:Did he not admit taking drugs by apologising to the club and fans.
Like the courts showing remorse for a more lenient sentence? I'm only guessing but yes he will be facing a ban and the sooner it's dealt with the better for everyone.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 20 Oct 2017, 21:35

he said he'd made an enormous error of judgement. also said he'd never taken performance enhancing drugs.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 20 Oct 2017, 21:52

hope the ban started when he failed drug test and not month n month down the line

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 20 Oct 2017, 21:58

onetiger wrote:hope the ban started when he failed drug test and not month n month down the line
You want his ban to be back dated to a date before he stopped playing?

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 20 Oct 2017, 22:11

lurcher wrote:he said he'd made an enormous error of judgement. also said he'd never taken performance enhancing drugs.
This is what gets me he said that and I haven’t ever seen anywhere that says he tested positive for COCAINE? I’m not saying he hasn’t but I haven’t seen anything official saying it yet have I missed something when rangi and walker got banned they said that it was cocaine straight away

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 21 Oct 2017, 14:38

betts21 wrote:
lurcher wrote:he said he'd made an enormous error of judgement. also said he'd never taken performance enhancing drugs.
This is what gets me he said that and I haven’t ever seen anywhere that says he tested positive for COCAINE? I’m not saying he hasn’t but I haven’t seen anything official saying it yet have I missed something when rangi and walker got banned they said that it was cocaine straight away
He said he never knowingly taken any performance enhancing drug. So what is he suspended for cos as I've said else when coke hasn't been mentioned like it was reith walker and chase.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casfanfromcov » 21 Oct 2017, 14:58

I have read the official statement again very carefully. It could be interpreted that he was tested positive for a performance enhancing drug, but is claiming he had no idea he had done it. Maria Sharapova claimed the same and eventually got her 2 year ban reduced to 15 months.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Oct 2017, 15:14

What other drug is out there that’s performance enhancing.
If he says he’s never ‘knowingly’ took any, hows it got into his system.
Or is he fibbing.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 21 Oct 2017, 16:05

"Finally, I would like to make it clear that in no way did I, nor would I, ever take a substance with the intention of enhancing my performance."

I read it as him saying that he did knowingly take a substance that he didn't think would enhance his performance. ie he took a recreational drug (coke) rather than a known performance enhancing drug (anabolic steroids etc).
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Oct 2017, 16:11

Unless he has self-medicated himself and not checked it, taking a banned performance enhancing drug accidentally in the process that hasn’t cleared his system in time due to it being part of the ingredients.

Could be painkillers, medicine, anything. This is what is confusing me. Why haven’t the club/RFL said cocaine? Why are the BBC reporting it as cocaine?

We as fans could really do with clarification and some closure to this. I guess the club could do too but probably know more than we do. Only have to look at the Walker/Chase scenarios to see it could be ages until we know. Does it put the club in limbo financially and with the cap?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 21 Oct 2017, 16:47

It states clearly here (on the BBC website) "Zak Hardaker has been provisionally suspended after testing positive for cocaine" :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/41542423

However on the official RFL site it states "The Rugby Football League can confirm that Zak Hardaker is provisionally suspended from all competition after it received notification from UK Anti-Doping that he had tested positive for a banned substance" here :-

http://www.rugby-league.com/article/511 ... k-hardaker

Shareholder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shareholder » 21 Oct 2017, 17:34

HuddsTigers wrote:Unless he has self-medicated himself and not checked it, taking a banned performance enhancing drug accidentally in the process that hasn’t cleared his system in time due to it being part of the ingredients.

Could be painkillers, medicine, anything. This is what is confusing me. Why haven’t the club/RFL said cocaine? Why are the BBC reporting it as cocaine?

We as fans could really do with clarification and some closure to this. I guess the club could do too but probably know more than we do. Only have to look at the Walker/Chase scenarios to see it could be ages until we know. Does it put the club in limbo financially and with the cap?
. It's an interesting one , but I think the way the club are handling this issue, is what we've come to expect really , top clubs don't wash their dirty washing in public, I would like to know everything that is happening at the club, as a shareholder I've sat through some really embarrassing meetings, but watching how the current BOD conduct themselves , I know what they do is in the best interest of the Castleford Tigers. I guess it will all come out in time my friend .

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Oct 2017, 18:40

How many companies or businesses keep their customers up to date with everything that happens to their staff members?

Why are Cas, or any other sports club, any different?

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 21 Oct 2017, 19:20

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:How many companies or businesses keep their customers up to date with everything that happens to their staff members?

Why are Cas, or any other sports club, any different?
Ye, coz this situation is not much different to the lad behind the counter at maccies today smoking a joint at his mates last night is it?
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP