Zak - The Truth

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Zak - The Truth

Post by Mysterio » 08 Oct 2017, 01:12

So who's got the first scoop!
Audacter Et Sincere

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Zak - The Truth

Post by Max n paddy » 08 Oct 2017, 07:45

Still feeling the pain of yesterday, including the journey!
What happened to our Full Back ?
I don’t really want to pull our teams efforts to bits too much until I know what’s really happened?

Like Powell eluded to, it really didn’t do our preparations any good one session without him.

I’m not blaming it all on the Full backs misdemeanours but I do feel it did have some bearing on the game.

Just to add , before knowing what club rules he’s breached, how much it may have effected individuals, like someone as pointed out on another tread- our body language was poor in large periods of the game.

So why was he left out ?
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 08 Oct 2017, 08:00

Zak as been exceptional all season and any team would miss him especially with it all happening two days before the final. It looks like the players ran out of emotional energy especially Jesse . junior. in fact all except cook. Thought us fans were brilliant. Going forward without two big go forward forwards we will never be able to build the platform for our attack players to shine .Gutted still this morning and got work in Leeds tomorrow

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 08 Oct 2017, 08:43

Yesterday we were aimless and disjointed in attack and our defending against a pretty average Leeds kicking game was desperate. We are not a one man team but a lot of our direction & organisation comes from the fb & I can't believe we'd have performed like that had Hardaker been playing.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 08 Oct 2017, 09:07

drleftie wrote:Yesterday we were aimless and disjointed in attack and our defending against a pretty average Leeds kicking game was desperate. We are not a one man team but a lot of our direction & organisation comes from the fb & I can't believe we'd have performed like that had Hardaker been playing.

Agree..... I’d like to know what’s happened to try and make a judgment on how much it effected the team togetherness...

I suppose we’ll get to know soon enough
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 08 Oct 2017, 09:24

No idea to the original question but what I do know is that we paid a huge price on the pitch yesterday,Zak has been the glue that's held us together.that and the media circus for two days has been the focus on what should of been a special few days,the sooner it's revealed the better. It's affected everyone from fans to players and probably gave Leeds a boost too.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 08 Oct 2017, 09:34

braytontiger wrote:No idea to the original question but what I do know is that we paid a huge price on the pitch yesterday,Zak has been the glue that's held us together.that and the media circus for two days has been the focus on what should of been a special few days,the sooner it's revealed the better. It's affected everyone from fans to players and probably gave Leeds a boost too.
Pretty accurate.
A certain ex Leeds player was sure it was a drugs related misdemeanour and was talking of potential 2 year bans.
If so then we cannot afford to have that wage and quality out of action for that long so I would assume it could result in contract termination.
However, Steve Gill's words didn't imply it was that severe. He said Zak had 'crossed a line' and spoke fondly of him and suggested he would be back next year.
I wait with baited breath.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 08 Oct 2017, 09:45

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
braytontiger wrote: However, Steve Gill's words didn't imply it was that severe. He said Zak had 'crossed a line' and spoke fondly of him and suggested he would be back next year.

Where was this ?

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 08 Oct 2017, 09:49

sirocco7 wrote:
braytontiger wrote: However, Steve Gill's words didn't imply it was that severe. He said Zak had 'crossed a line' and spoke fondly of him and suggested he would be back next year.

Where was this ?
Don't know how you've managed to do that but that's not my quote.but to answer you it was in a piece in the independent on Friday although I believe the news had only just broke.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 08 Oct 2017, 09:52

Castleford shot themselves in the foot days before the final by dropping Hardaker, they should have waited until after the final to discipline him, the biggest game in their history and they do that. Whatever it was, it should have been left until tomorrow and Zak should have played. The massive disruption to the team, should have been avoided.
Last edited by stuey on 08 Oct 2017, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 08 Oct 2017, 09:59

If it was really bad we probably had no choice and the authorities were probably trying to avoid the RU biased media having the opportunity they would have loved to ruin the sport's big day.
Believe me they will revel in it next week if true

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 08 Oct 2017, 10:04

The more I think about it, The more it cost us any chance in the game.

First Leeds try. Minikin fails to deal with a kick through, Hardaker would’ve called it and cleaned it up. Drop out follows and Leeds score.

Then the try where Eden drops it to McGuire. Zak doesn’t make them errors.

More importantly, Everytime we switched left, we were missing men out giving the ball straight to Shenton who was left with a 2 on 2 from a way out, We didn’t have Zak running his line to create any overlaps. Which meant their right edge defence had it easy all night.

Don’t get me wrong, the errors cost us the game, the silly ones, but on the whole we’d have been an awful lot closer with Zak in the team.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 08 Oct 2017, 10:07

sirocco7 wrote:

Where was this ?
A couple of different press releases yesterday and Friday.
He says he "loves Zak to bits"

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Oct 2017, 10:14

I think most people realize the difference zak as made after yesterday ,then there was the circus of it all unfolding in grand final week
i didnt understand steve gills comments if this wasnt that serious so he could play next year when not just say what it was and get it done with early in the week if it is drugs related he wont be playing anywere any time soon
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 08 Oct 2017, 10:17

sirocco7 wrote:

Where was this ?
A couple of different press releases yesterday and Friday.
He says he "loves Zak to bits"
The issue is though Powell said it was out of his hands. Now if it was something relatively minor i.e out drinking when he was supposed to be home or the police were involved + charges dropped then it's a huge call to take away from Powell.

I know we want to build a culture that doesn't condone that type of behavior and if it was something above it was a huge call to make an example of him and remove him from the squad.

If illegal substances were involved then you can still "love him to bits" but at the same time be annoyed that he's thrown his career down the pan on a stupid mistake.

You could see that the players had been disrupted and it also had an effect on the build up to the match. From the highs against St Helens last week we should have been building the hype as we entered our first final. Instead all of that was taken away when the news broke.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 08 Oct 2017, 10:21

every one thinks or are guessing why ZAK was dropped , to drop him must have been a very hard decision for the club to make, sooner the dirty washing is put out to dry the better, there should be an explanation on Monday this situation does not want to drag on , OVER TO YOU STEVE GILL

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 08 Oct 2017, 10:21

dettoriman wrote:The more I think about it, The more it cost us any chance in the game.

First Leeds try. Minikin fails to deal with a kick through, Hardaker would’ve called it and cleaned it up. Drop out follows and Leeds score.

Then the try where Eden drops it to McGuire. Zak doesn’t make them errors.

More importantly, Everytime we switched left, we were missing men out giving the ball straight to Shenton who was left with a 2 on 2 from a way out, We didn’t have Zak running his line to create any overlaps. Which meant their right edge defence had it easy all night.

Don’t get me wrong, the errors cost us the game, the silly ones, but on the whole we’d have been an awful lot closer with Zak in the team.
No Sh*t sherlock

Funny how we all got shot down on the No Hardaker thread when we said this. "were not a one man team" etc etc

Well it certainly showed last night Eden is no FB for the long term.

We have played a certain way all year down the left and have planned moves this was completely lost last night. Zak defence and organisation skills from FB is 2nd to none something that Eden doesn't have at all.

So yes it was only 1 man but its was 1 of 2 people we really could not afford to be without.

If he's not here next year and beyond we need to sign a top notch FB. Have we got the money if we have just wasted 150K ?

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 08 Oct 2017, 10:29

IMO if it was anything less than drugs then he should have played. knowing how many of us fans had spent money to go support them for us not to play our strongest team would show a complete lack of respect towards us fans

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 08 Oct 2017, 10:39

dude wrote:IMO if it was anything less than drugs then he should have played. knowing how many of us fans had spent money to go support them for us not to play our strongest team would show a complete lack of respect towards us fans
Don’t view it that way myself dp has set standards at our club and no one player is above them no matter how good you are and good on him sticking to his guns and maintaining the culture that he has brought in it may not be popular but I don’t think another player who has done all he can to get in to that team and complied with club policy’s should miss out if some one else breaks it and gets away with it. Respect towards the club fans and fellow players has been broken from that one player not the other staff or fans

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 08 Oct 2017, 10:42

I agree about Powell but didn't he say it had in any event had it taken out of his hands?