Zak - The Truth

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Zak - The Truth

Post by onetiger » 09 Oct 2017, 19:53

i seen zak many times round ponty when he was a leeds player
drinking round ponty and acting hard man with his mates but i always thought he was just a bit of a show off
but i have not seen him since he joined cas tigers may be they going round other towns been a stupid git

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 09 Oct 2017, 20:07

Its not so much as showing off though thats the problem .
Just a bully .
I was in the Green Dragon a few weeks ago and he was arguing with someone. The lad called him a w@**er and Zaks response : Yeah but Im a w@**er on 100 grand a year . Attitude stinks.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 09 Oct 2017, 20:18

takethetwo wrote:Its not so much as showing off though thats the problem .
Just a bully .
I was in the Green Dragon a few weeks ago and he was arguing with someone. The lad called him a w@**er and Zaks response : Yeah but Im a w@**er on 100 grand a year . Attitude stinks.
Not anymore he ain't... Idiot.

As a side note I did notice that on the WADA and UKAD websites you can contact them if you think someone is taking banned substances.... There's a thought

devontiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by devontiger » 09 Oct 2017, 22:23

Brought shame on our club lets just move on and forget about him.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Oct 2017, 05:33

He has got the rewards that his behaviour deserve. No sympathy from me whatsoever.

At least we should be able to use the "100 grand a year" for someone else.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Oct 2017, 12:12

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:He has got the rewards that his behaviour deserve. No sympathy from me whatsoever.

At least we should be able to use the "100 grand a year" for someone else.
What about the 150k we spent buying him.

We just wait 2yrs and then have him back ?

Cant argue that he is the best FB in SL but to do that to the club, fans, everybody is unacceptable

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 10 Oct 2017, 12:52

I’m looking at it this way. There is 1 club who have top four ambitions and have proved in the past they are prepared to stick by a player with a drugs suspension and they are also in need of a top quality full back and would be able to plan that far in front. I don’t think Wigan would think twice about signing him. Then could you imagine him scoring the winner for them against us. Would be happy knowing we are sat on the moral high ground? I’m not saying we should keep him or let him go. I’m saying it’s hard answer to find the right one.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Oct 2017, 13:00

TT Tiger wrote:I’m looking at it this way. There is 1 club who have top four ambitions and have proved in the past they are prepared to stick by a player with a drugs suspension and they are also in need of a top quality full back and would be able to plan that far in front. I don’t think Wigan would think twice about signing him. Then could you imagine him scoring the winner for them against us. Would be happy knowing we are sat on the moral high ground? I’m not saying we should keep him or let him go. I’m saying it’s hard answer to find the right one.

If they are all at it like some are suggesting, we might aswell retain his contract. Just need to find somebody to fill his boots for 2yrs. Preferably not Eden.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Oct 2017, 17:37

TT Tiger wrote:I’m looking at it this way. There is 1 club who have top four ambitions and have proved in the past they are prepared to stick by a player with a drugs suspension and they are also in need of a top quality full back and would be able to plan that far in front. I don’t think Wigan would think twice about signing him. Then could you imagine him scoring the winner for them against us. Would be happy knowing we are sat on the moral high ground? I’m not saying we should keep him or let him go. I’m saying it’s hard answer to find the right one.
Wigan have Tomkins (marquee) and Escare, as well as Tierney, who can play full-back. If there's one club who doesn't need a full-back it's Wigan.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Oct 2017, 17:46

They could move all those to accommodate Hardaker. No problem. Thing is 2 years is a long time and to come back as good as he is now will be very difficult.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Oct 2017, 18:21

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:They could move all those to accommodate Hardaker. No problem. Thing is 2 years is a long time and to come back as good as he is now will be very difficult.
Assuming he gets 2yrs which is likely.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Oct 2017, 18:55

Appears that way. Absolute waste of a talent.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 10 Oct 2017, 19:12

Fwiw.

For me, We don’t sack Zak Hardaker.

He will be suspended without pay for the life of his ban, If he is suspended for 2 years. We still have him contracted for two more.

He either proves his worth to us by then, And forces his way back into the fold, which will take an awful lot of work.

If not, We hold his registration, and anyone who wants him, will have to pay for him.

For me, He would come back in two years, and we would renegotiate his wage, And hopefully get 80% of the player we have back. And we have a gap to plug, but we haven’t just thrown a 150k fee away.

If we sack him, We have.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 10 Oct 2017, 19:17

HuddsTigers wrote:
Wigan have Tomkins (marquee) and Escare, as well as Tierney, who can play full-back. If there's one club who doesn't need a full-back it's Wigan.
Tomkins is garbage escare is only on a 2 year deal I thought. And LT is already out of favour on loan.
Hull have Shaul
Saints have Lomax and barba
Leeds have Walker and Golding
If their is 1 team who need a world class FB it’s wigan

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 10 Oct 2017, 19:18

dettoriman wrote:Fwiw.

He will be suspended without pay for the life of his ban, If he is suspended for 2 years. We still have him contracted for two more.

He either proves his worth to us by then, And forces his way back into the fold, which will take an awful lot of work.

If not, We hold his registration, and anyone who wants him, will have to pay for him.

For me, He would come back in two years, and we would renegotiate his wage, And hopefully get 80% of the player we have back. And we have a gap to plug, but we haven’t just thrown a 150k fee away.

If we sack him, We have.

Agree

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 10 Oct 2017, 19:20

dettoriman wrote:Fwiw.

If we sack him, We have.
This ^^ ten fold.
See what sentence he gets for me and plan around it. In 2 two years time he will still be only 27. To much talent to simply throw away along with the transfer fee we paid. If we don't I would expect several clubs to be in for Zak - Wigan, Salford, Toronto, Saints, Wakey. Hull KR and Catalans to name a few.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Oct 2017, 19:29

Whats he going to do for two years while we have him ?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

andymc133
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by andymc133 » 10 Oct 2017, 19:37

He could be a new mascot along with JT

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 10 Oct 2017, 19:48

andymc133 wrote:He could be a new mascot along with JT
Only a certain kind of person can be a mascot, has to be funny, energetic, handsome and like a drink or two ;)

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 10 Oct 2017, 19:57

we cant possibly pay him for the length of ban he will certainly receive it as been quoted £100,000 a year, if any of you out there got suspended for anything at your place of employment would you expect to be paid ?? Keep his registration that the club paid £150,000 for don't pay him whilst suspended then talk to him after his suspension is over , I think this is fare the way ZAC as treated the club and supporters