Zak - The Truth

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Zak - The Truth

Post by Frankas » 03 Nov 2017, 15:55

Cas have his registration for the next four years, he has broken club rules, but I don't think the club should sack him, he has let the club the fans and himself down, and he needs help

He won't be able to play for any other club in SL for the length of his ban, Cas will be able to find him some sort of work even if it's rehab first, and then an ambassadorial work going round the area telling the kids what he has lost for being stupid, and letting them know the hurt drugs can do to a person, especially if they want to play a sport.

In my opinion for what it's worth, Cas have invested too much in him to just let go, I would hate for us to just wash our hands of him, and later find out he has gone the way of Mr Newton.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 03 Nov 2017, 16:33

I think you're wrong, Zak is no Terry Newton, Terry had genuine mental health problems, unfortunately the health care that we have now wasn't around for TN.
Zak on the other hand (unless anyone knows different) is a youngish kid, bags of money and some very stupid friends allegedly, my guess it's more naivety (sp).
Young kid, stupid mates, a bit of fame, likes a bit of a sniff socially, bags of money and a bit of time on his hands, what on earth could go wrong?

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 03 Nov 2017, 18:34

Agree totally Jinjer.
I don't want to see him in a Cas shirt ever again, hope he ends up working nights with that loser best mate of his.
Could have had it all, great career, money to set him and future family up for life, idol for thousands of kids.
But no he would rather spend his weekends in the Green Dragon taking coke and drinking until 3am.
MUPPET

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 03 Nov 2017, 18:37

It's not so much about Cas but the reputational damage it may do to Castleford Tigers and how it may affect sponsors wanting to be associated with us for me.

That being said, IF he's let us down as anticipated (we don't know full facts or circumstances yet) then he's had so many chances across ourselves and Leeds, can the trust exist there again?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 03 Nov 2017, 18:50

Totally agree with the last 3 posts on here. The only argument people seem to throw in the mix is how much Cas have spent and that is the key factor. Money is not and should not be an issue in this.

The club acted quickly, and correctly in my view, and banned ZH until everything has been dealt with. From what we hear it will be a certain 2 year ban. If Cas keep him they will have to pay him and I can bet there is no clause to say we can reduce this. If Cas try to renegotiate and ZH doesnt agree then what? If the rules decide any ban means you lose your salary then fair enough but I would bet that it doesnt. How much more would tge club pay him for 2 years with nothing in return?

I also think that people comparing this case to Terry Newton is a cheap and nasty excuse to try and keep hold of ZH. Totally different circumstances as mentioned by jinjer.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 03 Nov 2017, 20:24

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Totally agree with the last 3 posts on here. The only argument people seem to throw in the mix is how much Cas have spent and that is the key factor. Money is not and should not be an issue in this.

The club acted quickly, and correctly in my view, and banned ZH until everything has been dealt with. From what we hear it will be a certain 2 year ban. If Cas keep him they will have to pay him and I can bet there is no clause to say we can reduce this. If Cas try to renegotiate and ZH doesnt agree then what? If the rules decide any ban means you lose your salary then fair enough but I would bet that it doesnt. How much more would tge club pay him for 2 years with nothing in return?

I also think that people comparing this case to Terry Newton is a cheap and nasty excuse to try and keep hold of ZH. Totally different circumstances as mentioned by jinjer.
He is in breach of his of his contract. There will be no way we pay him his normal wage during his ban.

All contracts have it in them about not taking band substances.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 03 Nov 2017, 21:00

I can imagine that club conduct is in there as it should be but will it say that Cas can offer lower wages if this is broken? Whatever the agreement is any form of payment to someone in this scenario should not happen.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 04 Nov 2017, 09:35

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Totally agree with the last 3 posts on here. The only argument people seem to throw in the mix is how much Cas have spent and that is the key factor. Money is not and should not be an issue in this.

This is spot on. Unfortunately money is being taken into consideration, it shouldn't be, I understand Cas have paid a fortune for Zak's services but I'd be very disappointed if my club took a player back on who'd F'd up in such style.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 04 Nov 2017, 15:20

There are fans that will be disappointed if we keep ZH in any capacity Jinjer. If this had been a junior player that cost us nothing he would be gone with fans giving the club credit for their actions.

DP and the CEO were rightly given credit for the suspension at quite possibly the worst time in the clubs history given it was GF week.

Time will tell if this was just a cosmetic decision. If he was suspended then and is found guilty then he should be sacked. Money and ability mean nothing and will only serve to make the club appear weak if he is kept on.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 06 Nov 2017, 13:46

I completely agree that cost should not be the defining reason for continued employment but once you've wrestled with your conscience, the overall benefit/loss should be deciding factor.

If they believe there is an overall benefit to retaining him, continued employment in some capacity is not beyond the Club but there must be scope for ending his current contract (on disciplinary grounds) and offering a new one with tight constraints and conditions with an cause that can ultimately result in his release after 2 years if he's not complied.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 06 Nov 2017, 17:41

Rumour as it that CAS are keeping him on and that a sponsor as offered to employ him , I suppose this is not the only rumour doing the rounds, sooner he is up before the powers that be it will be better for all party's concerned, as any one any idea the date when he will face the music ???

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 06 Nov 2017, 18:13

Just a thought... could he go to rugby union like Ben Barbara at saints...

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 06 Nov 2017, 18:21

Dez wrote:Just a thought... could he go to rugby union like Ben Barbara at saints...
Apparently not.
I asked the same question but Barba was only banned by the Nrl.Zak will be banned from playing any sport where WADA are involved I believe.