Zak - The Truth

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Zak - The Truth

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 16 Oct 2017, 13:19

Most "Clubs" would have been fully aware of ZH issues. Cas took a gamble and gave him a way back which he took and has been fantastic for us right up to a couple of weeks ago.

There is no way this is down to Leeds and there is no way we can claim any money back.

The only person to be held accountable is ZH himself. Simple as.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 16 Oct 2017, 13:39

I’m looking at it from a fiscal point of view not laying blame at Leeds door but I think if we could get money back it’s worth looking in to.

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 16 Oct 2017, 15:26

In the rugby paper today says that Daryl and Danny are off to Australia on Tuesday to look for a full back does this mean Zac is done or are they just covering all areas just in case Zac gets banned.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 16 Oct 2017, 16:35

flood light tiger wrote:In the rugby paper today says that Daryl and Danny are off to Australia on Tuesday to look for a full back does this mean Zac is done or are they just covering all areas just in case Zac gets banned.
If they know it is going to be a 2 year ban then they have to let him go. He will be miles off the pace after 2 years away. He has blown his chance like Rangi. They need some kind of help but it cannot be Cas who offer this up. The problem is across the sport.
Wages from Rangi, Lynch, Monaghan, Hardaker, plus T Holmes and potentially Patrick and Springer removed from bill. Wardle in to replace. Upgrades for some to come but should stil let us get a FB and prop at least. How true are the murmurings I hear that Gale and Hardaker wages pushing towards half a mill combined?

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 16 Oct 2017, 17:50

If what Zak said about his own earnings were true , I cant see Gale been on 150k . Think the average for most Super League players is about 60k . Then obviously the kids will be somewhere between 15 and 25 . Im just guessing here so big chance im wrong.

Edit : My maths isnt that bad . I thought you put quarter of a mil lol.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 16 Oct 2017, 19:07

flood light tiger wrote:In the rugby paper today says that Daryl and Danny are off to Australia on Tuesday to look for a full back does this mean Zac is done or are they just covering all areas just in case Zac gets banned.
Daryl is going to Australia as an ambassador, leading a group of England fans. I am sure while he is there he will be trying to convince a couple of players to sign for us.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Oct 2017, 20:50

fast hands wrote:
Daryl is going to Australia as an ambassador, leading a group of England fans. I am sure while he is there he will be trying to convince a couple of players to sign for us.
Somebody better be otherwise we will have about 22 established players which is no where near enough

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 16 Oct 2017, 20:53

fords wrote:
fast hands wrote:
Somebody better be otherwise we will have about 22 established players which is no where near enough
Need to sign 3 first team standard players.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Oct 2017, 20:55

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
fords wrote:
fast hands wrote:
Need to sign 3 first team standard players.
At worst we need 2 props (big) and a FB

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Oct 2017, 10:35

Luke gales take on the hardacre debacle.

http://amp.smh.com.au/rugby-league/rugb ... z2qjm.html

Not sure I quite Believe the players didn’t know. That’s just my opinion.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 17 Oct 2017, 10:53

very interesting indeed.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 17 Oct 2017, 10:55

old cas lass wrote:Luke gales take on the hardacre debacle.

Interesting Gale says he's 'contracted to castleford' but would like to play against the best players in the world, when asked if he'd like to move to the nrl.

Mike ford anyone.
Audacter Et Sincere

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Oct 2017, 11:01

Mysterio wrote:

Interesting Gale says he's 'contracted to castleford' but would like to play against the best players in the world, when asked if he'd like to move to the nrl.

Mike ford anyone.

He’ll be playing against the best in the world over the next 6/7 weeks.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 17 Oct 2017, 11:04

Mysterio wrote:

Mike ford anyone.
At 29, he's probably peaked too late for an NRL move.
Also got a young family over here and upping sticks to the other side of the world is never easy.
He's also done little at international level to draw the attention of NRL clubs. If he plays a blinder for England in the World Cup, there might be some interest though. However, I doubt he'd be able to demand the salary over there that he currently has at Cas - he would be very much seen as a gamble by any NRL club.
I wouldn't begrudge any player the opportunity though. As long as it was handled professionally and we had first refusal if he returned to SL.
If he stays at Cas and we win a couple of trophies, I think he'll go down as one of our best ever players.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 19 Oct 2017, 10:47

New twist in the tail. Rumours are circulating the loiners that Hardakers sample was tampered with. I don’t know it what way but that is doing the rounds in Leeds.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 19 Oct 2017, 11:19

TT Tiger wrote:New twist in the tail. Rumours are circulating the loiners that Hardakers sample was tampered with. I don’t know it what way but that is doing the rounds in Leeds.
Ha ha, conspiracy theory eh? Is that the A test or B? Or have both been tampered with? Where is this rumour coming from? Message boards or word of mouth. False flag drugs tests, whatever next? :)

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 19 Oct 2017, 11:21

JIN JER wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:New twist in the tail. Rumours are circulating the loiners that Hardakers sample was tampered with. I don’t know it what way but that is doing the rounds in Leeds.
Ha ha, conspiracy theory eh? Is that the A test or B? Or have both been tampered with? Where is this rumour coming from? Message boards or word of mouth. False flag drugs tests, whatever next? :)
Word of mouth the guy was suggesting it may have been tampered with maybe to cover it up.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 19 Oct 2017, 11:22

JIN JER wrote:
If you completely forget that he virtually admitted to sniffing coke like a hoover in his statement, I think this has got legs.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 19 Oct 2017, 11:28

WF10 wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
If you completely forget that he virtually admitted to sniffing coke like a hoover in his statement, I think this has got legs.
:) I had to read that twice.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 19 Oct 2017, 12:08

I’m saying that Leeds fans are saying someone tried to tamper with the sample to cover it up that’s why it took a month to come out.