Zak - The Truth

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Zak - The Truth

Post by Tigerade » 10 Oct 2017, 19:20

dettoriman wrote:Fwiw.

For me, We don’t sack Zak Hardaker.

He will be suspended without pay for the life of his ban, If he is suspended for 2 years. We still have him contracted for two more.

He either proves his worth to us by then, And forces his way back into the fold, which will take an awful lot of work.

If not, We hold his registration, and anyone who wants him, will have to pay for him.

For me, He would come back in two years, and we would renegotiate his wage, And hopefully get 80% of the player we have back. And we have a gap to plug, but we haven’t just thrown a 150k fee away.

If we sack him, We have.
This ^^ ten fold.
See what sentence he gets for me and plan around it. In 2 two years time he will still be only 27. To much talent to simply throw away along with the transfer fee we paid. If we don't I would expect several clubs to be in for Zak - Wigan, Salford, Toronto, Saints, Wakey. Hull KR and Catalans to name a few.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Oct 2017, 19:29

Whats he going to do for two years while we have him ?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

andymc133
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by andymc133 » 10 Oct 2017, 19:37

He could be a new mascot along with JT

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 10 Oct 2017, 19:48

andymc133 wrote:He could be a new mascot along with JT
Only a certain kind of person can be a mascot, has to be funny, energetic, handsome and like a drink or two ;)

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 10 Oct 2017, 19:57

we cant possibly pay him for the length of ban he will certainly receive it as been quoted £100,000 a year, if any of you out there got suspended for anything at your place of employment would you expect to be paid ?? Keep his registration that the club paid £150,000 for don't pay him whilst suspended then talk to him after his suspension is over , I think this is fare the way ZAC as treated the club and supporters

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 10 Oct 2017, 20:04

dettoriman wrote:Fwiw.

For me, We don’t sack Zak Hardaker.

He will be suspended without pay for the life of his ban, If he is suspended for 2 years. We still have him contracted for two more.

He either proves his worth to us by then, And forces his way back into the fold, which will take an awful lot of work.

If not, We hold his registration, and anyone who wants him, will have to pay for him.

For me, He would come back in two years, and we would renegotiate his wage, And hopefully get 80% of the player we have back. And we have a gap to plug, but we haven’t just thrown a 150k fee away.

If we sack him, We have.

You cannot keep anyone without paying them a living wage. I'm not against him returning after he has served his ban which hopefully won't be has bad has I think.a few questions I think we are all forgetting is -1st does the club/darryl still want him due to the damage to the clubs name and reputation ,not to mention the disruption to the biggest game in the clubs history. 2nd does Zak want to return to the club after his ban,I'd also say that his agent will already be looking into other avenues perhaps looking at taking a French rugby union route back into sport.still more questions than answers that only a certain few can answer until then we are all in limbo and will continue to speculate. IMO we cannot afford to sit and wait the season will soon be upon us or at very least pre season will be and any newcomers need to be inter grated into our playing system.

It's all a huge shame has without this and the added strength in joe wardle and another year on the backs of our younger players I could see nothing but another huge season.without Zak we lose the glue that holds us together and I'm not sure he's replacable.

Normyford2

Post by Normyford2 » 10 Oct 2017, 20:14

I would offer to pay Zak the average UK wage while his ban is up and keep him around the club.If he genuinely wants to stay, feels like he owes the fans and the town (aswell as his teammates and coaching staff) and wants to show us how determined he is to right this wrong, then let him stay! It's all whether he has the maturity to either be a man for once, or act like a child and kick and scream and do a Denny on us. I don't think Zak's a bad lad at heart, just immature. He needs to get rid of those 'friends' and drop the village mentality. He could still be a cas legend, only 25. If only he has the loyalty and decency

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Oct 2017, 20:49

well finally got round to have a read of the GF program and there is a article on Zak cleary taken after the semi final as he talks about playing in the GF against his mates at Leeds.

I particularly like his quote

" it has probably been the best move of my career because its a great club and all the staff are friendly. Whether it be the staff, coaches or players, we're all friends and i think that reflect on the pitch. We like to hang about with each other away from the game and that goes a long way.

He declared " I want to win this grand final for the club, i want to do it for the fans and also for my team-mates. I want my friends in this team to experience what i have in winning a grand final. That would be fantastic."

Meanwhile he is fu*king us all over on coke [-X [-X

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 10 Oct 2017, 20:50

I once heard someone say that when something bad happens, people tend to do one of the 3 Fs:
Forgive;
Forget; or
Not give a flying......
I would expect most fans to fit into one of those brackets should Hardaker return to the side and still be as good.

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 10 Oct 2017, 21:17

Maybe it's not the end for Zak at Cas...

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/n ... team-mates

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 10 Oct 2017, 21:29

What are the operational rules regards a banned player been involved in training/coaching. I've read today that if he really pleads forgiveness and possibly gets some rehab he could get away with 15 month ban which is 1 season. Maybe we can get him working with the 16/19s passing on his skills on the pitch whilst educating the players off the field. A bit of a stab in the dark I know but now I've had time to think rationally rather than with anger we have to find positives. Has I said earlier it depends on all parties wanting the same thing I did sense some forgiveness in Steve gills interview with the independent it didn't seem has though he'd given up on him.

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 10 Oct 2017, 21:36

Keep him at the club send him out into the community in to schools etc telling kids the downside of drugs - kids still look up to him and it may help Zak to talk to them and put some of his demons to bed. Whatever happens I for 1want to see him in a cas shirt again.
:pray: :pray:

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 10 Oct 2017, 21:43

yep lets sort him out and show the rfl how we treat people who do wrong, eveyone deserves a second chance

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 10 Oct 2017, 21:44

Mr XP wrote:Maybe it's not the end for Zak at Cas...

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/n ... team-mates
What else are they supposed to say when they have cameras on their faces? :lol:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Oct 2017, 21:47

I think cas are the team he should play for he owes the club big time if some kind of situation can be set up where he helps the community while hes banned theres a way back for him its not too late for him
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 10 Oct 2017, 22:07

johnson wrote:Keep him at the club send him out into the community in to schools etc
Most schools require an enhanced disclosure to allow access to their premises and children.
I doubt he would be allowed into most schools with an assault on his record.
It's unlikely that head teachers are going to allow someone with a record of assault, homophobic abuse and class A use to influence their pupils.

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 10 Oct 2017, 22:12

nottinghamtiger wrote:
johnson wrote:Keep him at the club send him out into the community in to schools etc
Most schools require an enhanced disclosure to allow access to their premises and children.
It's unlikely that head teachers are going to allow someone with a record of assault, homophobic abuse and class A use to influence their pupils.
Fair point.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 10 Oct 2017, 22:13

It's not a very good CV when you put it like that.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Oct 2017, 22:19

nottinghamtiger wrote:
So what do you suggest happens next then?
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 10 Oct 2017, 22:31

tigerfeat wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
So what do you suggest happens next then?
Thinking that he will be welcomed into schools with his record is absolutely deluded.
Personally, I would put him into full-time adult education of some kind or other. It would have the benefit of giving him a focus and also support him after his rugby career. Perhaps some kind of vocational apprenticeship so he has a trade when his career comes to an end.