Club sponsors

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
caslad69
Academy Player
Academy Player

Club sponsors

Post by caslad69 » 08 Oct 2017, 16:57

On seeing the new away shirtI noticed the distinct lack of new sponsors. I would have thought that potential new sponsors would have been falling over them self’s to give us their money after the season that we have had

There are some big companies around the Castleford area, why are our commercial department not able to attract any of these.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Club sponsors

Post by the machine » 08 Oct 2017, 17:29

caslad69 wrote:On seeing the new away shirtI noticed the distinct lack of new sponsors. I would have thought that potential new sponsors would have been falling over them self’s to give us their money after the season that we have had

There are some big companies around the Castleford area, why are our commercial department not able to attract any of these.
We don't know how long our current sponsors are tied up for, plus we have to have these in place really early in to the season for shirt designs for following season etc so may also not had much choice

I'd hazard a guess we'll see a couple of new ones for 2019
Last edited by the machine on 08 Oct 2017, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 08 Oct 2017, 17:33

I'd rather the shirt not look like a set of f1 overalls and covered in sponsors + as already mentioned, if the current sponsors are already signed up long term...nothing you can do.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 08 Oct 2017, 23:12

agree completely sheriff, quality rather than quantity. pitch your sales as exclusive and offer shorts and socks sponsorship to the smaller sponsors.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

caslad69
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by caslad69 » 09 Oct 2017, 05:22

Lurcher you say leave the shorts and socks to smaller sponsors... have a look at our shirt we have a pub in Benidorm and a second hand car salesman on our shirts. I think we are better than that, yes we will have the money the bring but we should be in a position to attract bigger sponsors and by bigger sponsors I mean more money. I think our commercial department are not performing to the standard needed.
Hospitality wise I don’t think we have hardly sold out at all this season WHY ?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 09 Oct 2017, 23:15

I think it should come down to who is willing to pay the most and not big companies holding us to ransom. incidentally tad now has 5 bars in Benidorm so no small player.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Oct 2017, 23:35

A lot depends on whether the existing sponsors would stick around if bigger sponsors offered the cash. Some sponsors are on the BoD for example and have been amazing for the side. If a big sponsor wants to throw some cash at us, would they do the deal even if it meant it meant their own brand wasn’t prominent? I’d hope so and I’m sure they would. They are guardians of the club and the financial decisions already made have shown that revenue growth is important and has been successful. Can it be even better?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Dave Sideshow

Post by Dave Sideshow » 09 Oct 2017, 23:39

Wow 5 bars in Benidorm! His turnover must be nearing €10m. :dance:

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Oct 2017, 05:26

What you say Hudds about "Guardians of the club" is where things go wrong. Self interest has ravaged this club for years and is very evident now as it always has been. Self interest and self preservation are well and truly alive and kicking.

To see people selling GF merchandise outside the ground and in the town before the final was embarrassing. How do these people get shirts, scarves, flags etc made so quickly yet the club do nothing? Thks happened in 2014 for Wembley and again in 2017 for GF. Why? Leeds have a plan for when they get to finals. Why dont ee?

Shareholder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shareholder » 10 Oct 2017, 07:24

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:What you say Hudds about "Guardians of the club" is where things go wrong. Self interest has ravaged this club for years and is very evident now as it always has been. Self interest and self preservation are well and truly alive and kicking.

To see people selling GF merchandise outside the ground and in the town before the final was embarrassing. How do these people get shirts, scarves, flags etc made so quickly yet the club do nothing? Thks happened in 2014 for Wembley and again in 2017 for GF. Why? Leeds have a plan for when they get to finals. Why dont ee?
I've sat in the last 20 AGMs and I've seen self interest firs hand at the club, and it's not always been on the clubs side, in fact to criticise the people running the club now is very harsh. We've had a great season but it only takes a loss for a certain few to start knocking the club again for their own self interest and personal gripes, what ever next ???

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Oct 2017, 07:29

We all saw the people in the town selling the big flags hows it having a go asking why the club didnt have them in the shop?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Shareholder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shareholder » 10 Oct 2017, 08:31

tigerfeat wrote:We all saw the people in the town selling the big flags hows it having a go asking why the club didnt have them in the shop?
I was in the shop last week and guess what, there were flags, tee shirts , hats, scarfs , new away shirts , polos , in fact as much official merchandise you could wish for , you know the type of stuff if their is a fault with you can return, the stuff that helps generate enough money so we have a great team to watch, and pay their wages , oh and not forgating the VAT the club have to pay. But an interesting point is maybe the club knew that their was over 8000 free flags for all the cas fans on their seats at the GF when they got there, maybe just maybe !

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Oct 2017, 08:35

Well I never saw any GF merchandise in the shop when I went in. They must have moved it til I had been and gone.

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 10 Oct 2017, 08:41

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:What you say Hudds about "Guardians of the club" is where things go wrong. Self interest has ravaged this club for years and is very evident now as it always has been. Self interest and self preservation are well and truly alive and kicking.

To be fair there is nothing to stop anyone getting merchandise made and selling on probably at a lower price than the shop but also probably inferior quality.

I went into the shop last Friday an half heard a conversation between a potential customer and one of the staff. If I heard correctly the guy was trying to buy a large number of something but he was trying to barter. I heard the shop staff member say 'thats the price do you want them or not' at which the guy walked out without purchasing. The staff member said to someone else 'he would have been selling them on'.

Not much the club can do about this type of thing there will always be people trying to make a few bob for themselves on the back of the clubs success.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Oct 2017, 08:46

Shareholder wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:We all saw the people in the town selling the big flags hows it having a go asking why the club didnt have them in the shop?
I was in the shop last week and guess what, there were flags, tee shirts , hats, scarfs , new away shirts , polos , in fact as much official merchandise you could wish for , you know the type of stuff if their is a fault with you can return, the stuff that helps generate enough money so we have a great team to watch, and pay their wages , oh and not forgating the VAT the club have to pay. But an interesting point is maybe the club knew that their was over 8000 free flags for all the cas fans on their seats at the GF when they got there, maybe just maybe !
I understand the shop have taken record profits im not having a go at the club i always get the feeling we could do better that was my point i think a big flag like the one the street salseman were selling would have been just the job ..just my honest opinion
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 10 Oct 2017, 10:08

Street sellers also selling Leeds colours. Wonder if Leeds shop carries no stock either. Street sellers selling burgers, wonder if Macdonalds had no stock?

caslad69
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by caslad69 » 10 Oct 2017, 10:45

When I first posted this, when I was saying bigger sponsors I meant sponsors with more money and NEW sponsors.i was meaning the commercial department don’t seem to be performing as good as the team did on the park. For cas not to have corporate sell outs every game is baffling. They way we performed I would have thought sponsors would have been clambering over them selfs to get down the lane.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 10 Oct 2017, 11:00

Our corporate facilities are inadequate that’s why they don’t sell out. New stadia would sort that out.

Shareholder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shareholder » 10 Oct 2017, 11:32

caslad69 wrote:When I first posted this, when I was saying bigger sponsors I meant sponsors with more money and NEW sponsors.i was meaning the commercial department don’t seem to be performing as good as the team did on the park. For cas not to have corporate sell outs every game is baffling. They way we performed I would have thought sponsors would have been clambering over them selfs to get down the lane.
Well cas lad 69 I've never eaten in the hospitality or had hospitality either, but I've heard the food is good and everyone enjoys it , just a thought do you think Thursday nights could have an impact on it ?

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 10 Oct 2017, 11:34

Tiger53 wrote:

To be fair there is nothing to stop anyone getting merchandise made and selling on probably at a lower price than the shop but also probably inferior quality.

I went into the shop last Friday an half heard a conversation between a potential customer and one of the staff. If I heard correctly the guy was trying to buy a large number of something but he was trying to barter. I heard the shop staff member say 'thats the price do you want them or not' at which the guy walked out without purchasing. The staff member said to someone else 'he would have been selling them on'.

Not much the club can do about this type of thing there will always be people trying to make a few bob for themselves on the back of the clubs success.
I remember when we played at Wembley I got a official t shirt but it was made by isc,maybe xblades aren’t able to have such a quick turnaround