DRUGS

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: DRUGS

Post by Flat Capper » 20 Oct 2017, 16:00

yorky wrote:anyone watched Gordon Ramsey's program about cocaine last night on ITV left no doubt that anyone who puts that crap into their body must be desperate especially having seen how it was made.
The process is largely irrelevant to those that snort the final product which consists of a very small percentage of actual cocaine.

I only saw the first part of the show which highlighted just how widespread use of the drug is. Everyone of his restaurants he visited had traces (some large traces) of the drug being used by both staff and customers. Widespread use is an understatement.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 20 Oct 2017, 16:27

Not up on drugs and what they do to you.
But isn’t cocaine a pain killer or is that a different drug I’m thinking off.
Maybe if they make it legal, like tobacco and achohol then we may cut down on situations like hardaker, hock, barba.

In the case of tobacco, look what it does to your lungs, but still it’s legal.
In the case of achohol, look what that does to your liver.
In the case of cocaine, look what it does to your............well what exactly does it do to you.

Not saying it should Be legalised, if it’s a drug that doesn’t affect your every day life, maybe it needs looking at.

By the way, I know of a couple of cas players who smoke.
Doubt they’ll cut back on game day.
Just a thought.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 20 Oct 2017, 16:43

Cocaine is a social drug.
Some use it just for the high.
Some for confidence.
Some to help them stay out drinking longer, (alcohol does nothing to you if you've taken coke.
All the above people are losers.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 20 Oct 2017, 16:49

takethetwo wrote:Cocaine is a social drug.
Some for confidence.
Some to help them stay out drinking longer, (alcohol does nothing to you if you've taken coke.

Ahh right.
Didn’t have a clue.

Tbf I used alcohol when I was younger to give me more confidence.
I would never have dreamt of using drugs for the same.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 20 Oct 2017, 16:58

old cas lass wrote:Not up on drugs and what they do to you.
But isn’t cocaine a pain killer or is that a different drug I’m thinking off.
Maybe if they make it legal, like tobacco and achohol then we may cut down on situations like hardaker, hock, barba.

In the case of tobacco, look what it does to your lungs, but still it’s legal.
In the case of achohol, look what that does to your liver.
In the case of cocaine, look what it does to your............well what exactly does it do to you.

Not saying it should Be legalised, if it’s a drug that doesn’t affect your every day life, maybe it needs looking at.

By the way, I know of a couple of cas players who smoke.
Doubt they’ll cut back on game day.
Just a thought.
Cocaine has been used medically as a numbing agent, nowadays replaced by chemical substitutes such as novacane.
I've just googled it, which has put me off trying it, although at 67 the only thing I'll be injecting is my free flu jab and sniffing my bacon sarnies. Suggest anyone thinking of trying it, read Wiki first, although the same process would stop you smoking, drinking, eating.....ah well.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 20 Oct 2017, 18:34

fast hands wrote:Just makes me wonder about posters on here, one or two seem so familiar with the drug scene. A supposedly drug dealer in Castleford offered a Castleford player at the time, some form of drugs, I am sorry to say I believe his days of dealing were over in a flash. Never seen a bloke hit that hard, and if you are wondering how I know, I witnessed it. People glorify drugs as though it's the norm, sorry people it isn't. Time to tell people lives get ruined, just ask Zak.
Hudds there is nothing wrong in going round in law abiding company, most people are.
Think if you walk around with your eyes open you see just how familiar drugs are all over any night club or bar in town on a Saturday could be classed as the drugs scene it’s rife everywhere.
Bet some people have never gone faster than a 30 in a 30 :roll:

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 20 Oct 2017, 22:23

old cas lass wrote:
Some for confidence.

Ahh right.
Didn’t have a clue.

Alcohol is a drug. And a killer.
Audacter Et Sincere

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 20 Oct 2017, 22:24

Mysterio wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
Some for confidence.

Ahh right.
Didn’t have a clue.

Alcohol is a drug. And a killer.
Exactly, and it’s legal.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 21 Oct 2017, 07:33

But you can tax tobacco and alcohol

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 21 Oct 2017, 07:38

As drugs like Cocaine etc aren't regulated the user has no real idea what it is mixed with. Drinking one pint of beer or one cigarette isn't going to kill you but its possible on a one off with Coke,ecstasy, acid,whizz etc.

Im old enough to remember the case of Leah Betts in the late 80's during the rave era...good girl,nice family, out with friends on a night out, took a tablet in a nightclub...goodnight.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 21 Oct 2017, 12:41

duke street 10 wrote:As drugs like Cocaine etc aren't regulated the user has no real idea what it is mixed with. Drinking one pint of beer or one cigarette isn't going to kill you but its possible on a one off with Coke,ecstasy, acid,whizz etc.

Im old enough to remember the case of Leah Betts in the late 80's during the rave era...good girl,nice family, out with friends on a night out, took a tablet in a nightclub...goodnight.
E was nothing to do with her actual death. The fact she'd drank over 10 pints of water within an hour was the cause.

Drugs should be legalised and monetised by the Government. Its worth about 10 billion pounds per year and causes untold death, gangland battles, gun crime. The list goes on.

If someone is determined to take drugs, they will take it. Then get treated on the NHS for free if they become ill.

There's massive arguments for legalisation and within 50 years that's where we'll be at IMO.
Audacter Et Sincere

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Oct 2017, 14:04

duke street 10 wrote:As drugs like Cocaine etc aren't regulated the user has no real idea what it is mixed with. Drinking one pint of beer or one cigarette isn't going to kill you but its possible on a one off with Coke,ecstasy, acid,whizz etc.

Don’t remember it that well as Leah Betts died in November 1995!!!

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 21 Oct 2017, 14:37

Mysterio wrote:

E was nothing to do with her actual death. The fact she'd drank over 10 pints of water within an hour was the cause.

Drugs should be legalised and monetised by the Government. Its worth about 10 billion pounds per year and causes untold death, gangland battles, gun crime. The list goes on.

If someone is determined to take drugs, they will take it. Then get treated on the NHS for free if they become ill.

There's massive arguments for legalisation and within 50 years that's where we'll be at IMO.
I'm in the same camp as you Mysterio.
People will still take drugs regardless if it's legal or not.
Making them legal and therefore taxable would bring the country millions. The only problem would be 14/15 year olds getting their older mates to buy it for them. Probably already happens but it would become 'normal' for kids to see it daily.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 22 Oct 2017, 08:37

Mysterio wrote:

So are you saying performance enhancing drugs should be legalised as well?, would you be happy see your kids idolise players who are pumped full of the stuff and are unnaturally muscular and strong? I am a gym regular and have seen and heard the side effects of steroids and now growth hormone.

I can't argue with the fact people will take drugs like coke if they want, but your comment about the NHS will make a trip to A & E on the weekend even more scary. Its awful as it is with just drink related incidents...if its a self inflicted visit you should pay to be treated but thats my opinion and a seperate argument altogether.

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 22 Oct 2017, 09:40

I find the "people will do it anyway" argument for leaglising drug use a bit ridiculous. Yes there will be a small subset of people who will do this however you can't assume that if made legal this number will stay the same. Around 9 million people smoke in the UK and it's a major drain on our healthcare system. If suddenly all drugs were lagalised like some people are suggesting what do you would happen.? The number of users would absolutely spiral out of control, the NHS wouldn't be able to cope, crime would rise sharply.
Just to be clear I do understand that a small number of people will do it anyway, however you can't change the rules to accommodate these few.
Myaterio your argument around gangland battle, gun crime and so on is also flawed. There will always be a black market, if anything I would guess this would rise as the total number of users increase. This could be down to cost, strength, availability (assuming that with been regulated you won't be able to just buy as much as you want, so may have to turn to other channels)
It's ridiculous to think "oh it just means that the people who buy it anyway will stay to the proper channels and fund the government"

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 22 Oct 2017, 09:46

yorky wrote:anyone watched Gordon Ramsey's program about cocaine last night on ITV left no doubt that anyone who puts that crap into their body must be desperate especially having seen how it was made.
Same here, and those people saying they know husband's and father's that do it on a weekend. In my option they are absolutely terrible parents. OK the risks may be relatively low when you compares serious incidents Vs number of users. But why take that risk? I would never take coke personally and I don't even have a family to worry about. Surely that should be enough to put you off?

Just back on topic about Zak, just hope that we get the confirmed results / punishment from UKAD /rfl soon so we can get it sorted. I assume we can't 'use' his wage until has officially gone ?

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 Oct 2017, 09:59

Wait till you young ones are as old as me, you may be the same coming out of the chemist with carrier bags full of assorted drugs all for FREE

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Oct 2017, 10:21

Maybe they are holding the Zak results back until after the World Cup.
If it was out in the press it could over ride the supposed feel good factor of the World Cup.
Ie put a negative slant on things.

Maybe the club do know the out come and are keeping stum for now.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 22 Oct 2017, 10:51

Can't believe what I have read this morning, that the British Army are recruiting known users of cocaine because of a shortage of new recruits coming forward.
Do Castleford use this as evidence to the RL as there aren't any fullbacks coming into the game.
My own view is as bad as doing 40mph in a 30mph zone and running an innocent child over.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 22 Oct 2017, 10:57

Maybe you are living in cloud cuckoo land? The RLWC will go ahead as planned with little or no regard for what this idiot has done.

I cant see why anyone is still debating or discussing this subject any more. Time to move on.