DRUGS

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Archibel

Re: DRUGS

Post by Archibel » 09 Oct 2017, 11:04

Aid wrote:RFL Statement
A Rugby Football League Spokesperson, said: "The Rugby Football League can confirm that Zak Hardaker is provisionally suspended from all competition after it received notification from UK Anti-Doping that he had tested positive for a banned substance following a Super 8s game between Castleford Tigers and Leeds Rhinos on September 8, 2017.
The RFL/UK Anti-Doping decision to communicate this to the club at the last moment before the Grand Final clearly harmed our preparations.

I wonder if they made it earlier than would have been the case under 'normal' circumstances; imagine the legal wrangles/negative press if Cas had won.

In my opinion, as soon as Cas won the Semi the RFL should have let the club know...at least we would have had a full week to prepare. I'm not saying it would have changed the outcome, but it might have.

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 09 Oct 2017, 11:07

I have always been anti drugs and have no sympathy forhim.

The wAy I have felt since the Final means I have no time for him or any lily livered excuse. He was given a chance by a coach, club and supporters that had faith in him and he has chucked that back in all our faces.

If he has taken cocaine with his mates I hope he now looks at them and realises he will now be looking for work alongside them, if they work at all, instead of being a possible GF winner and enjoying a World Cup campaign down under.

The club should just get rid of him and retain their dignity.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 09 Oct 2017, 11:12

Archibel wrote:
Aid wrote:RFL Statement
A Rugby Football League Spokesperson, said: "The Rugby Football League can confirm that Zak Hardaker is provisionally suspended from all competition after it received notification from UK Anti-Doping that he had tested positive for a banned substance following a Super 8s game between Castleford Tigers and Leeds Rhinos on September 8, 2017.
The RFL/UK Anti-Doping decision to communicate this to the club at the last moment before the Grand Final clearly harmed our preparations.

I wonder if they made it earlier than would have been the case under 'normal' circumstances; imagine the legal wrangles/negative press if Cas had won.

In my opinion, as soon as Cas won the Semi the RFL should have let the club know...at least we would have had a full week to prepare. I'm not saying it would have changed the outcome, but it might have.
Nothing to do with the RFL, UKAD are the regulatory body, and as is the procedure the relevant sporting body, the individual and club ( if applicable) are notified immediately.
The club and RFL were notified at 10.00am on Thursday morning that Zac had provisionally failed a drugs test. He was immediately suspended. Official confirmation came through the following day.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 09 Oct 2017, 11:21

The club is now caught between a rock and a hard place. Really feel for Steve Gill and darryl and the players,fans we have had our fingers burnt big time for what? A lad to have a good night out although I don't doubt for one minute it was a one off. It takes the shine off our best ever season not to mention the thousands of pounds we have spent. Unbelievable talent with marbles between his lugs.

philipjkelly

Post by philipjkelly » 09 Oct 2017, 11:25

Askham Tiger wrote:Keep him and it affects our work with juniors and schools, it gives a terrible impression to them. I mean for crying out loud, speak to ten Cas supporting schoolkids and I bet half say he is their favourite player.
Fair point. Comes down to who kids are likely to listen to on something like this. Someone who's screwed up and honestly says so or someone who hasn't been in that situation and possibly has less authenticity in message.

Personal view is that it would be the former. That said, having read the Zak feature in Saturday's programme his words were pretty hollow so I'm not sure I would trust him to be honest to any kids he was speaking to.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 09 Oct 2017, 12:14

In the fullness of time Zak would be the PERFECT person to get across the message about the horrors of drugs to youngsters. Think about it.

There's a way out of this for everyone and an opportunity to grow as a person - finally - for Zak. Don't just dump him.
Audacter Et Sincere

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 09 Oct 2017, 12:15

Mysterio wrote:In the fullness of time Zak would be the PERFECT person to get across the message about the horrors of drugs to youngsters. Think about it.

There's a way out of this for everyone and an opportunity to grow as a person - finally - for Zak. Don't just dump him.
I agree...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 09 Oct 2017, 12:22

Flat Capper wrote:
Mysterio wrote:In the fullness of time Zak would be the PERFECT person to get across the message about the horrors of drugs to youngsters. Think about it.

I agree...
Thirded.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

Zephyrs

Post by Zephyrs » 09 Oct 2017, 12:23

Has anywhere said it's definitely cocaine he's taken. Could it not possibly be a performance enhancing drug he's taken.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 09 Oct 2017, 12:25

Zephyrs wrote:Has anywhere said it's definitely cocaine he's taken. Could it not possibly be a performance enhancing drug he's taken.
Read the BBC

Castleford Tigers full-back Zak Hardaker has been provisionally suspended after testing positive for cocaine and will not be included in England's squad for the World Cup.

Shameless
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shameless » 09 Oct 2017, 12:30

The guy has been an idiot and will now face the consequences.
The punishment will be handed down by the RFL - the Club don't have to punish him again
He needs to show true remorse and then prove he can stay clean. I think the Club should stick by him but make it clear that any more breaches of the rules will be instant dismissal.
None of us want another Terry Newton.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 09 Oct 2017, 12:33

Hardacker's "mates" use cocaine. Given that they are "his mates" you would think that they not let him use it, but then they are quite content for him to go out with them and get as drunk as a skunk while they bask in his reflected glory!

I had assumed that Hardacker was not using, but perhaps he was, and given the short time coke stays in the body he had got away with, until now!

If you hang around with scumbags it will eventually rub off on you and then YOU, not them pay the price!
This is going to be an incredibly hard lesson for him to learn,
cum on you Ford

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 09 Oct 2017, 12:51

Aid wrote:Hardacker's "mates" use cocaine. Given that they are "his mates" you would think that they not let him use it, but then they are quite content for him to go out with them and get as drunk as a skunk while they bask in his reflected glory!

I had assumed that Hardacker was not using, but perhaps he was, and given the short time coke stays in the body he had got away with, until now!

If you hang around with scumbags it will eventually rub off on you and then YOU, not them pay the price!
This is going to be an incredibly hard lesson for him to learn,
Serves him right not that it helps us now last week or going forward

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 09 Oct 2017, 12:55

Shameless wrote:The guy has been an idiot and will now face the consequences.
The punishment will be handed down by the RFL - the Club don't have to punish him again
He needs to show true remorse and then prove he can stay clean. I think the Club should stick by him but make it clear that any more breaches of the rules will be instant dismissal.
Who pays his wages whilst we play good citizens,where not man united we are a community club that works to a salary cap.if he cannot play he has to go harsh but that's the reality of the situation.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 09 Oct 2017, 13:00

I think we can see exactly why our coaching team get rid of/sign personality as well as player. DP bins off anyone questionable. Tansey, Owen et al for example.

So what makes Zak any different?

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 09 Oct 2017, 13:01

Lets be honest the use of recreational drugs his widespread throughout the game here and in Oz. The unlucky ones get caught the rest are waiting to be.
Why would you put your livelyhood at risk when you know the concequencers. I hope every other Cas player wises up to whats happened to Zak and Rangi and make sure they are squeeky clean.
Maybe all clubs need to look at the cultures they are creating and maybe the first training sessions of next year need to employ the services of a drug councillers.
Zak as no excuses he must now serve his punishment, whatever that maybe, 2 years for non performing enhancing drugs seems harsh, but unlike Rangi he is young enough to clean his act up and come back. Cas must keep his reg and moniter his time away from the game, we certainly shouldn't throw away our huge investment in him without giving him the chance to sort himself out.
The big salary he was on should help us recruit another top player , but we must keep Hardakers reg as we know some other side will throw him a lifeline when his ban is up.
Wigan stood by Hock we should do the same.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 09 Oct 2017, 13:04

ERG2012 wrote:

I think we can see exactly why our coaching team get rid of/sign personality as well as player. DP bins off anyone questionable. Tansey, Owen et al for example.

Wasn't it Powell who brought Hardaker and Chase to the club, knowing full well the issues both players have had?

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 13:04

braytontiger wrote:
Shameless wrote:The guy has been an idiot and will now face the consequences.
Who pays his wages whilst we play good citizens,where not man united we are a community club that works to a salary cap.if he cannot play he has to go harsh but that's the reality of the situation.
Technically, whatever we pay him won't count on the salary cap if he doesn't play.
If he's banned for two years and we continue to pay him, he won't count on our Salary cap for 2018 or 2019.
However, the club simply can't justify paying him big money for two years when he can't play. If he'll accept the minimum wage and work in a menial job behind the scenes, then maybe we could offer him a route back into the game in 2020. Personally, I'd make him clean the toilets and around the club every day for two years on minimum wage. This might make him realise what he has thrown away and not make the same mistake again when he resumes playing.
Then again, it might not.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Oct 2017, 13:07

ERG2012 wrote:

His ability. Like it or not, players of his calibre are irreplaceable. The likes of Tansey and Owen were not.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Oct 2017, 13:12

I cant see anyway he stays at cas ..go abroad like barba maybe union i dont know
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi