DRUGS

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: DRUGS

Post by cogito ergo sum » 10 Oct 2017, 12:09

Richall wrote:I still think there is something strange going on only the BBC said it was cocaine, cas & RFL states a banned substance was found after testing following the Leeds super 8s match which if you all remember zak had to be helped off the field with a painful looking leg injury so my point is has he taken something or been given something for the pain then was told he had to undergo a drug test
Not sure Zak would have made a statement like he has if he'd taken pain killing medication.

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 10 Oct 2017, 12:22

Yeah my thoughts exactly. He's apologised and spoke about not taking whatever he's taken as an enhancing supplement. So in my mind he's taken something knowingly he shouldn't.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Oct 2017, 12:34

TownvillesTiger wrote:
tallguyx wrote:The bizarre fracas story involving him was a load of rubbish then? And the tactics thing?
A) Drugs
B) Fracas
C) Inappropriate contact,

Id go, all of the above.

So would i , he has a history of all 3

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Oct 2017, 12:35

Tiger53 wrote:
therailwayendisnigh wrote:
Normyford2 wrote:A few online rumours that he isn't the only Castleford player involved. Let's hope it's not true because I have only read that on another forum, but I remember the one about another cas player and presentation night
This is true unfortunately
Think if it's true that there was a problem after the presentation night (and I keep hearing these rumours too), then there is a lesson for the club in it.

Presentation nights are for when the season has ended, not when it is still going on and there is a game the day after. I know you should be able to trust adults to behave themselves but why take the risk that they won't? You hold the presentation night after the season has finished and if the problem with the booking of the venue then you find another venue.

When you have important games to play that should be the sole focus.

"Presentation nights are for when the season has ended, not when it is still going on and there is a game the day after."

Never understood why we do this

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Oct 2017, 12:37

TownvillesTiger wrote:
Normyford2 wrote:A few online rumours that he isn't the only Castleford player involved. Let's hope it's not true because I have only read that on another forum, but I remember the one about another cas player and presentation night
I overheard a conversation on Saturday of four lads talking about one of their mates/acquaintances who they see see most weekends, they said hes a lovely quiet lad until he gets on the 'dust' then he goes crazy.

Unfortunately said mate started in the Grand Final for Castleford.
Name them then or keep it to yourself.

All this does is fuel more rumours that we dont need right now

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Oct 2017, 12:42

chesterfieldtiger wrote:Yeah my thoughts exactly. He's apologised and spoke about not taking whatever he's taken as an enhancing supplement. So in my mind he's taken something knowingly he shouldn't.
I agree, he knows he's took the white stuff and got caught. Probably thought he never would as he's got away with it for so long.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Oct 2017, 12:43

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:I hear now that a certain Leeds three quarter has also failed a drugs test. We shall wait and see what comes out.

And who would that be, care to enlighten us all ?

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 10 Oct 2017, 12:46

Richall wrote:I still think there is something strange going on only the BBC said it was cocaine, cas & RFL states a banned substance was found after testing following the Leeds super 8s match which if you all remember zak had to be helped off the field with a painful looking leg injury so my point is has he taken something or been given something for the pain then was told he had to undergo a drug test
So what you are saying is the club doctor who will be aware of the entire list of what he can or cant administer and will only have certain painkiller to hand for that very reason has given him something on the banned substance list and basically putting his next 2 at risk....

It says after the Leeds game....
Are you aware they knock on your door at home at any time they see fit?

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 10 Oct 2017, 12:55

ERG2012 wrote:
So what you are saying is the club doctor who will be aware of the entire list of what he can or cant administer and will only have certain painkiller to hand for that very reason has given him something on the banned substance list and basically putting his next 2 at risk....

It says after the Leeds game...

Are you aware they knock on your door at home at any time they see fit?
Well he did advise gaviscon for appendicitis..... :-k :shock: :D

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

Richall

Post by Richall » 10 Oct 2017, 13:12

Even more so then If he has been in so much pain you take what you can to ease it we all do it even ibuprofen has traces of thz in it, I just think there's something more when it was walker and ranghi it was announced cocaine open and shut this as been different with first the ban from grand final then no mention of cocaine in the report

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 10 Oct 2017, 13:12

I wonder if Zak has been taking coke during the past season, just riding his luck, he only had to wait three weeks and the season would be over, he could have hoovered up all he wanted for six weeks, assuming that he wasn't gonna be in the England squad.

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 10 Oct 2017, 13:22

JIN JER wrote:I wonder if Zak has been taking coke during the past season, just riding his luck, he only had to wait three weeks and the season would be over, he could have hoovered up all he wanted for six weeks, assuming that he wasn't gonna be in the England squad.
My question would be, has he or anyone else ever stopped taking it? isn’t it in and out of the system in the space of about 48hrs? No wonder rumours are rife that so so many in the game are dicing with danger if that happens to be the case.

Johnlewis1920
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnlewis1920 » 12 Oct 2017, 10:38

I would like to ask does the club have a drug testing policy if not why not it just might help the club and it’s staff in the future by adding a extra safe guard for the clubs investments and extra deterent for the staff
Drug testing in the work place is becoming more common so it can be done.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 12 Oct 2017, 11:21

I think someone asked Michael Carter the same question and he wanswered that it was extremely expensive. I suppose if you're testing 28 players every week then you'd either have to purchase the machines to do the task or pay a neutral chemist to do 28 different tests weekly, I can't see either option being cheap.
Ps, just done a simple Google search, the minimum is £30+Vat pp, up to £130+Vat pp dependant on certain criteria. If a positive sample is returned then it can be re tested for £90+Vat pp.
The minimum weekly outlay would be £980.

Shareholder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shareholder » 12 Oct 2017, 13:02

Johnlewis1920 wrote:I would like to ask does the club have a drug testing policy if not why not it just might help the club and it’s staff in the future by adding a extra safe guard for the clubs investments and extra deterent for the staff
Drug testing in the work place is becoming more common so it can be done.
Not sure how anyone on here would know that, maybe it should be a e-mail asking the club. Although I see your point , I believe it would be very difficult to police .

tigers8rhinos

Post by tigers8rhinos » 12 Oct 2017, 18:02

maybe zak and his rep could come up with this unbelievable story of he was carried away in a sex act. look up the story of canadian pole vaulter shawn barber unbelievable they swallowed that mind the pun

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 12 Oct 2017, 19:54

What's this petition that's doing the rounds? Anyone seen it?

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 12 Oct 2017, 20:21

Ive seen it.
Basically a petition to RFL requesting leniency for recreational drug users , and saying these players need support and counselling .

Normyford2

Post by Normyford2 » 12 Oct 2017, 20:31

I agree with this petition, it's not a rugby issue it's a society issue! There's no gain whatsoever for them, if anything it's negative on performance!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 12 Oct 2017, 20:44

takethetwo wrote:Ive seen it.
Basically a petition to RFL requesting leniency for recreational drug users , and saying these players need support and counselling .
Really, so its nothing to do with who he hangs around with. He has a choice and made the wrong one. I don't believe he has any mental health issues and its probably not the first time he's taken it this season if you ask me.

I could name you 2 others right now that were on it only the weekend before the GF.