Lads in Dublin...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Lads in Dublin...

Post by corvusxiii » 11 Oct 2017, 14:14

There is an anomaly here that if Cas finished in say sixth place, made it to final only to be beaten 24-6 by Leeds then most, if not all Cas fans would have positive and happy enough.
Hope they've got plenty of euros. Dublin was scarily expensive last time I went.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 11 Oct 2017, 14:55

corvusxiii wrote:There is an anomaly here that if Cas finished in say sixth place, made it to final only to be beaten 24-6 by Leeds then most, if not all Cas fans would have positive and happy enough.
Hope they've got plenty of euros. Dublin was scarily expensive last time I went.
if that had happened then no anomaly from me -would have still slated them for not showing up in the final.getting beat cos someone is better is one thing......

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 11 Oct 2017, 15:32

corvusxiii wrote:There is an anomaly here that if Cas finished in say sixth place, made it to final only to be beaten 24-6 by Leeds then most, if not all Cas fans would have positive and happy enough.
That's a great angle on things.

I've been saying I'm punching myself all season and yet now it feels like a really low point in 40 odd years supporting my beloved team.

Raised expectations can result in huge disappointment in life - the last 7 days are a classic example of this.

I need to sort myself out - this is not helped by the fact that there is no competitive club rugby for four long, bleak months.. :(

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 11 Oct 2017, 16:46

terminaldecline wrote:
Scarborotiger wrote:I agree with Townville tiger It looks like we are going back to the bad old days On Saturday they played crap End off It should not of been about that stupid capper one man does not make a team or so I hoped but we have stood by that team thick and thin and if they think that after that performance that deserve a break then we might as well take a time machine back to the horse and jockey. Yes they have played well all season but we have supported them and paid their wages - well some of it. Bad PR I hope this is not the beginning of this team alienating themselves. After Saturday I could have done with going on a bender but I have to work so that I can watch my team.
I agree. And while we're at it, that performance was so bad that the entire squad won't make Santa's nice list (I have checked it, and checked it twice - and they're not on the list) . So until they can rectify their last game I think Christmas should be cancelled for every member of the playing staff as well.

And they better not show up trick or treating on halloween, because they won't be getting owt from my house I can tell you.

flogging's too good for 'em
how will you know its them if they've got masks on.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 11 Oct 2017, 16:50

lurcher wrote:
terminaldecline wrote:
Scarborotiger wrote:I agree with Townville tiger It looks like we are going back to the bad old days On Saturday they played crap End off It should not of been about that stupid capper one man does not make a team or so I hoped but we have stood by that team thick and thin and if they think that after that performance that deserve a break then we might as well take a time machine back to the horse and jockey. Yes they have played well all season but we have supported them and paid their wages - well some of it. Bad PR I hope this is not the beginning of this team alienating themselves. After Saturday I could have done with going on a bender but I have to work so that I can watch my team.
I agree. And while we're at it, that performance was so bad that the entire squad won't make Santa's nice list (I have checked it, and checked it twice - and they're not on the list) . So until they can rectify their last game I think Christmas should be cancelled for every member of the playing staff as well.

And they better not show up trick or treating on halloween, because they won't be getting owt from my house I can tell you.

flogging's too good for 'em
how will you know its them if they've got masks on.
They’ll be the ones dropping their sweets on the floor.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 11 Oct 2017, 16:58

It's been a crap last 7days but comments like this and on the other thread where lurcher is moaning about the flags at grand final just show what a great bunch Cas folk are.. lol...

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 11 Oct 2017, 17:35

Hope all who went to Dublin had a great time, The last game aside they've earned it!

Scarborotiger

Post by Scarborotiger » 11 Oct 2017, 19:24

Oh dear I seem to upset some of the fans. I am not a fan I am a supporter and I will explain the difference I travel across Yorkshire to watch this team and have done for many many years because I am a supporter I support the club and that gives me the right to criticise. This season there has been no criticism from me the team have been brilliant well done they have made me proud to go down the lane and to all the other grounds. But that's get back to Saturday the showed nothing. I can take that god knows we have in the past. The difference now is that sites like this full of sycophantics saying It doesn't matter will do now good for the club. These 'fans' should take down the pictures from their room in mommy and daddies house and go into the real world and understand that we can criticise and the team needs to realise that they are responsible for their performances or they will start believing that bad performances don't matter

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 11 Oct 2017, 19:48

Scarborotiger wrote:Oh dear I seem to upset some of the fans. I am not a fan I am a supporter and I will explain the difference I travel across Yorkshire to watch this team and have done for many many years because I am a supporter I support the club and that gives me the right to criticise. This season there has been no criticism from me the team have been brilliant well done they have made me proud to go down the lane and to all the other grounds. But that's get back to Saturday the showed nothing. I can take that god knows we have in the past. The difference now is that sites like this full of sycophantics saying It doesn't matter will do now good for the club. These 'fans' should take down the pictures from their room in mommy and daddies house and go into the real world and understand that we can criticise and the team needs to realise that they are responsible for their performances or they will start believing that bad performances don't matter
I don't think you have upset anyone, not everyone agrees with your point of view, that's the whole point of forums I suppose and what makes the world what it is, someone once said opinions are like chocolate tea towel holders....everyone has one

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 11 Oct 2017, 19:57

Scarborotiger wrote:Oh dear I seem to upset some of the fans. I am not a fan I am a supporter and I will explain the difference I travel across Yorkshire to watch this team and have done for many many years because I am a supporter I support the club and that gives me the right to criticise. This season there has been no criticism from me the team have been brilliant well done they have made me proud to go down the lane and to all the other grounds. But that's get back to Saturday the showed nothing. I can take that god knows we have in the past. The difference now is that sites like this full of sycophantics saying It doesn't matter will do now good for the club. These 'fans' should take down the pictures from their room in mommy and daddies house and go into the real world and understand that we can criticise and the team needs to realise that they are responsible for their performances or they will start believing that bad performances don't matter
I am pretty sure that no one has said you don't have the right to criticise but other people also have the right to take an opposite view. You don't own the rights regardless of how good a supporter you think you are.

I too follow this team week in week out and when I first became a supporter of this club you were probably still in nappies, if indeed you were around at all. So don't preach at me.

All people are saying is that the team deserve our support for the fantastic season they have given us, not to be bagged for one poor performance. They are also quite entitled to enjoy a break without being criticised for it.

If you dropped a clanger at work on the last day before the holiday/break that you had planned for weeks or months would you cancel your break? No, I thought not.

Scarborotiger

Post by Scarborotiger » 11 Oct 2017, 20:11

First of all it is a sign of low intelligence to answer your own questions. I will be sixty this year so I will allow you to refute or deny your nappy statement. Yes of course they are entitled to a break and I agree with you it has been a fantastic season but we cannot accept that last performance or indeed endorse it by pretending that It didn't happen. Finally I would never preach to anyone who uses paragraphs like you do.

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 11 Oct 2017, 20:42

Scarborotiger wrote:First of all it is a sign of low intelligence to answer your own questions. I will be sixty this year so I will allow you to refute or deny your nappy statement. Yes of course they are entitled to a break and I agree with you it has been a fantastic season but we cannot accept that last performance or indeed endorse it by pretending that It didn't happen. Finally I would never preach to anyone who uses paragraphs like you do.
Nobody is pretending it didn't happen, it did but it's gone. This was about players having a break.

I did slightly under estimate your age so the nappies statement was slightly inaccurate, but only just. Probably the immaturity of your assumption that somehow you are a better supporter than the rest of us led me to believe you were a little younger.

I am also quite happy with my level of intelligence thank you, it is pretty high. The fact that I know how to use paragraphs is one illustration of that.

You are entitled to your opinions, I respect that. Perhaps you might respect the fact that other people are too.

Scarborotiger

Post by Scarborotiger » 11 Oct 2017, 20:58

Thank you for your apology regarding your statement. If I could give you some advice I would not be too happy with your level of intelligence if you cannot recognise irony regarding your use of paragraphs.

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 11 Oct 2017, 21:17

Scarborotiger wrote:Thank you for your apology regarding your statement. If I could give you some advice I would not be too happy with your level of intelligence if you cannot recognise irony regarding your use of paragraphs.
I don't need your advice thank you. I have no intention of continuing trading insults, I find it rather immature and beneath my intelligence. Obviously, you dont feel the same.

Que sera, sera.

Goodnight.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 11 Oct 2017, 21:29

Good that you have travelled across Yorkshire to watch Cas, well done, Many of of us (huge numbers this year) have travelled across Yorkshire AND Lancashire to watch the Tigers and well over 1,000 crossed the sea to France to so as well.
cum on you Ford

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 11 Oct 2017, 22:54

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Always 1 that falls for it or bites? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
;)

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 11 Oct 2017, 23:10

where do you see yourselves finishing next year jinj? bookies odds have you around 7th or 8th. I think you'll be a tad higher.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 12 Oct 2017, 00:08

lurcher wrote:where do you see yourselves finishing next year jinj? bookies odds have you around 7th or 8th. I think you'll be a tad higher.
5th or 6th I'm gonna go for, we'll shock a few again I reckon.