next years wish list

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

next years wish list

Post by gateman » 15 Oct 2017, 09:43

1,movement on the new stadium 2, a league season to match last 3, some sliver ware 4, ZACS position to be resolved 5,a prop forward that can break the line and offload ,6 to see some of our under 19s progress to the first team

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Re: next years wish list

Post by GThornton » 15 Oct 2017, 10:37

I'd like to see us end the season like we started this one. We were much more dominant at the start of the season than we were at the end. To be fair tho, i'd be over the moon if we can mirror this (2017) season. More silverware would be the icing on the cake.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 Oct 2017, 11:00

Don’t want to be a pessimist here, but, I don’t see us mirroring this season.
2017 as gone way over our expectations.
My dreams are, strengthen the team, NOT sit back on our laurels.
We have to keep moving forward.

I see us finishing top 4, not sure which position we will be in. 1,2,3 or 4th.
Possible CC final.
LL will be just to much 2018.
Off the field I think we all agree, we need to see movement on the stadium, or at least some announcement to were it stands.

Unfortunately that last week of the season as over riden all that went before.
Me personally that sticks in my throat like a golf ball.
I still haven’t got over it and won’t for a long time.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 15 Oct 2017, 11:06

This year we won one of the three trophies available.
Next year my wish is that we win one of the others. I don't mind which one.
Longer term, I'm hoping this squad of players can win all three major trophies in the next three or four years.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Oct 2017, 11:15

Stay up there with the favourites to win things i have my doubts about how well we will do next year but we will see
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 15 Oct 2017, 11:29

my fear is that we don't do what cas as done many times in my 55 years of supporting them is we get a bit of success them implode.the zack business players leaving and not looking like being replaced.i just pray I'm wrong.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 15 Oct 2017, 12:09

A top 4 finish.
A good cup run.
Academy to win the grand final.
Consolidation on and off the field,what happens with Zak is critical not only for him but for us going forward.id like to see some of our younger lads pushing for a starting spot. Work continuing on the stadium development.another final appearance would be great but so long has we are pushing for semi finals we are in the right place.

Binman7000

Post by Binman7000 » 15 Oct 2017, 12:23

Top 4 and a final would be brilliant. Be great if we could win the CC. I think as long as we keep challenging we will keep Powell and if we do that then we will always be challenging!!

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 15 Oct 2017, 13:52

Have to finish top 4. Less would a huge let down. We have the best coach in the competition.
It's 2-3 year projection for me. Need another 1-2 pieces of silverware in that time and 3 top 4 finishes.
Will be tougher than this year but still no reason why we can't.

Obvs winning a GF and/or CC in that time would be ideal but I would be delighted winning the LLS again.

On field it's 2 good props and the FB role getting sorted for us to be able to get to the top.

Finally, overcoming stage fright and learning how to peak at the right time is crucial. After being league winners this year, I would settle for scraping into 4th and winning GF next for sure. Sour taste still from that last game, which shouldn't be the case after the season we have had.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 15 Oct 2017, 13:56

Stadium news and any silverware would do me.

It seems like everytime we get close something goes wrong.

One win away from being League Leaders and Carney gets dropped/suspended whatever.

Denny leaves.

Now this with Zak.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Oct 2017, 14:11

No one comes on here next year week before a final and starts a post either 'your not going to believe this but ive just heard...or dont shoot the messanger but ...type of message
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 15 Oct 2017, 14:14

Cup or the GF have to be priority imo

Be disappointed if we went full pelt for the LLS and came away with nothing else considering how low ranked its deemed

Fb is an obvious issue but we've seen how we change our style of play when we've lost an integral part of our squad over the last 3/4 years so I've every faith in Powell will sort it
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 15 Oct 2017, 14:44

Typically, Cas fall away at times like now.

Next season is hugely important.

The only thing anybody can control is their own mindset and performance. If they're right, top 4 is achievable. If they're not right, relegation is possible too.
Audacter Et Sincere

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 15 Oct 2017, 15:37

A couple more Joe Wardle standard signings.
Springer, Maher, Egodo, Gill, Douglas and Trueman, show that they are of Super League quality.
cum on you Ford

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 15 Oct 2017, 15:41

same here, i haven't watched a game since the gf & i don't think i will, its a whole season down the drain for me, i cant watch any match with hardaker in so at the moment that's nearly my whole seasons recordings wasted.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 15 Oct 2017, 16:21

the machine wrote:Cup or the GF have to be priority imo

Be disappointed if we went full pelt for the LLS and came away with nothing else considering how low ranked its deemed

Fb is an obvious issue but we've seen how we change our style of play when we've lost an integral part of our squad over the last 3/4 years so I've every faith in Powell will sort it
Agree with this.the good thing I’m hearing from every player interview is “it will spur us on for next season.”the easiest thing to do is feel sorry for ourselves and let our standards drop.hardest thing is to back it up.how we react mentally is our biggest challenge imo.hoping top 2 and challenge cup.

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 15 Oct 2017, 16:54

We've seen a couple of big clubs have a spectacular fall from grace and go straight from a successful season to finding themselves in the relegation battle the next and given that we went off the boil a bit in the latter part of the season and ended on a low I'd be happy with consolidating our position as a top 4 side. Maybe a bit pessimistic but I've been following Cas for 40+ years so aren't taking anything for granted.

Binman7000

Post by Binman7000 » 15 Oct 2017, 18:09

yorky wrote:
same here, i haven't watched a game since the gf & i don't think i will, its a whole season down the drain for me, i cant watch any match with hardaker in so at the moment that's nearly my whole seasons recordings wasted.
This is exactly the same as me. I watched about 6 games in the build up to the GF. It’s been well and truly spoiled for me

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 15 Oct 2017, 18:10

I'm open minded at the moment and can't really answer what is a great question until I see how the squad looks for next year.

I still can't get out of my system that a week ago we blew the biggest opportunity of a lifetime to pick up the game's biggest prize - as a result I'm in low expectation mode. As with other posts, recent LLS shield winners have had a shocker next time around.

I have total respect for DP and have faith he will do everything possible to replicate, and even surpass, this year.

3 wishes:

- We are as competitive as this year
- We add to the squad to improve what we have
- We travel in numbers again to away games and maintain our reputation as the best supporters in the sport

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 15 Oct 2017, 18:31

The team as a whole went through an important learning curve last week. We will not fall off and the way we beat Saints together with the combination of factors which knocked us off track against Leeds will have made us stronger.
I'm not put off by last week . It was just one of those. We will kick on and pick up Silverware next year