magic weekend

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: magic weekend

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 18 Oct 2017, 19:41

With a far better kicking game and less errors. Scoring 24 points restricting us to 6. But apart from that what else did they do that was special?

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Oct 2017, 20:30

Fumper27 wrote:
drleftie wrote:Fine by me. We've beaten Leeds 8 out of the last 9 and they only beat us last time because we were so awful not because they did anything special.
Apart from playing the conditions to perfection!!!
They didn't really play to perfection though, they made a lot of mistakes, we were just the worse of the two sides

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 18 Oct 2017, 22:16

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
drleftie wrote:Fine by me. We've beaten Leeds 8 out of the last 9 and they only beat us last time because we were so awful not because they did anything special.
They didn't really play to perfection though, they made a lot of mistakes, we were just the worse of the two sides
Exactly TT. I don't think we'd have beaten any SL side with the performance we put on in the GF & Leeds were no better than any other time we played them this year with the exception of the 60-odd point drubbing. Still, if people think Leeds put on some sort of stellar performance to beat us that's up to them.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 18 Oct 2017, 22:34

drleftie wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Exactly TT. I don't think we'd have beaten any SL side with the performance we put on in the GF & Leeds were no better than any other time we played them this year with the exception of the 60-odd point drubbing. Still, if people think Leeds put on some sort of stellar performance to beat us that's up to them.
Agree entirely with this

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 18 Oct 2017, 23:43

1st v. 2nd
3rd v. 13th
4th v. 12th
5th v. 8th
6th v. 9th
7th v. 10th

Seems fair enough
NOT

Why not have two magic weekends, two games on saturday and two on sunday at each venue. Last 16 of the challenge cup. Play them at 25 to 30,000 venues and try to fill both venues both days.

Better than cas v leeds 6 times next year ?

Fairburn Tiger

Post by Fairburn Tiger » 23 Oct 2017, 22:55

Problem with the Magic Weekend is that the "Powers that be" don't have a clue what the fans actually want. Any derby or rivalry becomes a boring fixture when it's done to death. When I saw the Cas v Leeds pairing I thought that they are determined to kill off interest by force feeding us this for the foreseeable future. Wake up RFL.

johnnya

Post by johnnya » 13 Nov 2017, 19:15

Whose idea was it to have the official coaches stopping at a hotel in Middlesbrough? It is more than 40 miles away, an hour's coach journey . Like watching a game at Cas and stopping at a hotel in Scunthorpe!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 Nov 2017, 23:53

Probably because the RFL and tour companies who had been tipped off in advance hoovered up all the decent hotel spaces in Newcastle before they announced the details to the fans just like they used to do in Cardiff!

johnnya

Post by johnnya » 14 Nov 2017, 09:38

Quite possible. I know people who have stopped in Gloucester when at the Cardiff weekend. A different country, never mind a different county! A long way to go with a bus load of people desperate for a pee after a load of ale.