New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by mart0042 » 13 Nov 2017, 14:44

The update from sg is very important and a nice update on the different phases of work..

The money did collapse in part but this is now sorted.
The cables are ready to be moved to underground.
More companies have signed up.
The road junction ready to move in April.

All things you can't see when you drive passed every now and then. Yes, I like to see actual building work but the other aspects are the hardest to do

Still in track but a slipping completion date. That's why sg is wary of giving one.

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 13 Nov 2017, 19:13

So i'm guessing that once the road junctions are sorted we should start to see things happen on the site. Still going to be at least another two season down the lane tho.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 14 Nov 2017, 12:33

GThornton wrote:So i'm guessing that once the road junctions are sorted we should start to see things happen on the site. Still going to be at least another two season down the lane tho.
The move will generate the club so much more money than WR, so would imagine the club are willing it to happen ASAP but as a fan, I can last as long at it takes.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Nov 2017, 13:21

At 78 years of age I worry about not seeing the two bricks I bought being used before I pop off , I will keep taking my pills and hopefully walk in to the stadium with my grandkids to look for their names in the wall

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 14 Nov 2017, 18:14

keep on the beer you'll be fine :) hold fast

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Nov 2017, 20:49

I will try , I will take my pills and drink my beer here's hoping it works

Andymac

Post by Andymac » 29 Nov 2017, 10:02

I am firmly in the camp "I will believe it when I see it" and while not wanting to relieve myself on anyone's parade certain posters here seem to have convinced people that nothing can go wrong!

Plenty can go wrong, and it only takes one anchor tennant for the whole scheme to come tumbling down.

Eg if M&S pull out of the scheme then it would be nearly impossible to secure tenants to unlock the funding to build. Ahh , but M&S has signed up some will say and a few quid has been spent on planning so it has to happen.

It appears not. M&S has signed up in 2015 as anchor tenants , planning to close their nearby high street store (sound familiar), ground works have started and M&S have had a re-think.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... m-12214444

No deal is a done deal until it is built and I can buy undies or sit on a seat watching a game of rugby.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 29 Nov 2017, 13:01

Andymac wrote:I am firmly in the camp "I will believe it when I see it" and while not wanting to relieve myself on anyone's parade certain posters here seem to have convinced people that nothing can go wrong!

Plenty can go wrong, and it only takes one anchor tennant for the whole scheme to come tumbling down.

Eg if M&S pull out of the scheme then it would be nearly impossible to secure tenants to unlock the funding to build. Ahh , but M&S has signed up some will say and a few quid has been spent on planning so it has to happen.

It appears not. M&S has signed up in 2015 as anchor tenants , planning to close their nearby high street store (sound familiar), ground works have started and M&S have had a re-think.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... m-12214444

No deal is a done deal until it is built and I can buy undies or sit on a seat watching a game of rugby.
No one ever thought it would be easy or without a problem. The financial world doesn't work like that. What is true is there is no money in putting your savings in a bank. You can however put it with an investment company who will place it with guaranteed results. The five Town parks is a good bet.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 29 Nov 2017, 14:38

Why exactly is it a good bet especially with the economic situation around brexit.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 29 Nov 2017, 16:53

Dez wrote:Why exactly is it a good bet especially with the economic situation around brexit.
Mayaswell stash any brass you have under your pillow at the moment, safest place for it :D

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Nov 2017, 17:34

While we are waiting for a new ground, could the speakers be repaired in the Princess St stand, the sound comes and goes

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 29 Nov 2017, 18:06

gateman wrote:While we are waiting for a new ground, could the speakers be repaired in the Princess St stand, the sound comes and goes
here here, they blast your ears out with music & as soon as they give the teams out they go off ](*,)

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 01 Dec 2017, 11:19

Dez wrote:Why exactly is it a good bet especially with the economic situation around brexit.
Because cash under the bed devalues. Worth the building and rent coming at five towns Park, you can get some profit over time. The companies don't want to pay the money upfront and do borrow at a cost. Pension companies do this. They are looking to do this to build at parlington near garforth. They are liming at 10% profit of thereabouts over time.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 03 Dec 2017, 12:39

Not good news doing the rounds Re the ground.
As others have said when you are building a ground with in effect profit from developers building for the big retailers.
M and S are going to pull out of 60 schemes this week.
Source FT and other newspapers inc MOS today.
It also covers like ours developments that have had public money put in.
The problem always seems to be that these things take too long and we then get caught out of the cycle.
I think that we need a plan b and redevelopment of WR starting with a new main stand with facilities to generate revenue.
Not good news.
Robbo
Truth is always best !

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 03 Dec 2017, 12:52

Robbo wrote:Not good news doing the rounds Re the ground.
As others have said when you are building a ground with in effect profit from developers building for the big retailers.
M and S are going to pull out of 60 schemes this week.
Source FT and other newspapers inc MOS today.
It also covers like ours developments that have had public money put in.
The problem always seems to be that these things take too long and we then get caught out of the cycle.
I think that we need a plan b and redevelopment of WR starting with a new main stand with facilities to generate revenue.
Not good news.
Robbo
i think the downturn is partly due to brexit & the uncertainty it has caused, so again it looks like we will fail to get out of old ground where we are surviving & not thriving? as the saying goes, "if its too good to be true" it usually is :roll:

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 03 Dec 2017, 13:57

Sounds like we could need a plan B then :shock:

Could someone remind me how Leeds Utd built the East Stand?. Didn't they use a bond scheme with fans as part of the scheme?

gerin2em

Post by gerin2em » 03 Dec 2017, 17:50

Regarding plan B. I did a post last summer some time about this and just to remind you I basically said: Take a look at what Fev have done at their ground. Demolished the terracing at the railway end and built a new stand further back making the pitch full size. They got the stand (2 stands I believe) from the defunct Scarborough football club. Loads of volunteers helped strip them transport them and rebuild them. I don't know the total cost but it was very cheap as the stands were virtually scrap value plus all the help from supporter volunteers. My thoughts are why cant we do something similar. Build a new (second hand ) stand behind the railway end terrace. Then remove that terracing & make it a full size pitch, (get Eddie Hemmings and co off our backs over our short pitch). Do something similar on the main stand side. Wheldon Road & Princess St. stands are ok. There are quite a few derelict stadiums around with stands far better than we have. If Fev can get it done with a couple of thousand supporters I'm sure we could muster up some volunteers from our just short of 9000 fans who came to all our home games in 2017. I know this wouldn't be the shiny new stadium people want, but for me I like W.R. I know fans of other clubs like it too because its one of a handful that are left now of real Rugby League grounds. Just a thought, but Fev have shown it can be done on a shoestring, and then at the end of the day it would be ours, not a big company charging excessive rents or, heaven forbid, worst case scenario sharing with a football club.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 03 Dec 2017, 19:27

M&S told staff the j32 store is closing and the Leeds store staff can move to the new Cas store so I'd be shocked if they pull out of this scheme.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 03 Dec 2017, 20:22

Robbo wrote: I think that we need a plan b and redevelopment of WR starting with a new main stand with facilities to generate revenue.
Robbo
My god, I was saying this 10 years ago and since then The Huddstigers has blown enough hot air on the subject to fill a zeppelin

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 03 Dec 2017, 20:49

TheSheriff wrote:M&S told staff the j32 store is closing and the Leeds store staff can move to the new Cas store so I'd be shocked if they pull out of this scheme.
Not sure if that’s a typo but part of the plan was that M and S had agreed NOT to close the town sites
Truth is always best !