New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by SuffolkTiger » 21 Jun 2018, 19:36

I haven't seen the latest plans and it's a while since I viwed the on line images.

Is it actually all seater?

Most (if not all) new RLgrounds still have standing space - normally behind the sticks at both ends.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 21 Jun 2018, 19:46

SuffolkTiger wrote:I haven't seen the latest plans and it's a while since I viwed the on line images.

Most (if not all) new RLgrounds still have standing space - normally behind the sticks at both ends.
Just West Stand (Main Stand) is all seater.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 21 Jun 2018, 19:47

SuffolkTiger wrote:I haven't seen the latest plans and it's a while since I viwed the on line images.

Three interesting videos here Suffolk.

http://www.axiomyorkshire.co.uk/have-your-say/

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 21 Jun 2018, 21:36

MØL wrote:

Three interesting videos here Suffolk.

http://www.axiomyorkshire.co.uk/have-your-say/
Thanks mate. Apologies for the lazy approach to that.

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 21 Jun 2018, 23:09

WallTiger wrote:
johnson wrote:We went down and was very encouraged by what we saw/ heard all questions were answered with knowledge and confidence and most of the peope that are involved with the developoement were there to answer anything you wanted to know. We asked about time scales and were given detailed time frames and by february 2021 we should be in our new stadium.
This sounds encouraging. Did they give a date for work to start on site for the highways and if so were they confident in hitting that?

Yeh they said highways start October 2018 completed october2019 so could start on footings for stadium just after that all parties were confident that all time scales would be met and said that the ground had a deadline of octber2020 so cas would have every thing in place to start the new 2021 season in the new ground - asked if this was going to come to fruition and was told 100% yes!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 21 Jun 2018, 23:27

When are they likely to be announcing that more retailers have signed up?

Because, without wanting to pee on anybodies chips, it ain’t gonna happen until they sign on that dotted line.

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 22 Jun 2018, 06:18

I asked about other retailers and the man said he couldn't give names out at this stage. I also asked about the land in the middle of the roadworks (when they start on the road system at the side of the M62 a large lump of land will be empty in the middle of the new road system) and he said they aren't sure what to do with that bit of land. If we have any suggestions they are willing to listen. It will probably just be grassed over.

The stadium looks smart on the plans. Corners can be filled at a later date. Bars and toilets on every side of the ground. Tigers bar can be used and accessed from outside the ground. Disabled seating, access and spaces look as though they have been well thought about. The black and gold colour of the stadium looks smart. All looks good with the plans.

Roll on October and then beyond.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 22 Jun 2018, 08:15

don't sure on design me individual stands , looks all a bit open be hard to create good atmosphere needed some thing like Rotherham f.c . going to being done as cheap as they can so they can start on there main project. [-X

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 22 Jun 2018, 08:21

johnson wrote:
WallTiger wrote:
johnson wrote:We went down and was very encouraged by what we saw/ heard all questions were answered with knowledge and confidence and most of the peope that are involved with the developoement were there to answer anything you wanted to know. We asked about time scales and were given detailed time frames and by february 2021 we should be in our new stadium.
This sounds encouraging. Did they give a date for work to start on site for the highways and if so were they confident in hitting that?

Yeh they said highways start October 2018 completed october2019 so could start on footings for stadium just after that all parties were confident that all time scales would be met and said that the ground had a deadline of octber2020 so cas would have every thing in place to start the new 2021 season in the new ground - asked if this was going to come to fruition and was told 100% yes!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:
I thought there was talk of two years open cast mining before any building could commence?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Jun 2018, 09:20

flow wrote:don't sure on design me individual stands , looks all a bit open be hard to create good atmosphere needed some thing like Rotherham f.c . going to being done as cheap as they can so they can start on there main project. [-X

One of my favourite grounds is the Warrington one, without the corners filled in. Think they did that after the main stadium was built. Makes for some great atmosphere and a nice tidy stadium.
Suppose we have to just be grateful due to it being a freebie.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 22 Jun 2018, 09:24

I thought there was talk of two years open cast mining before any building could commence?
It's all been done Jinger. You've been taking too much notice of this again.......

http://retro.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=100

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 22 Jun 2018, 09:28

with the standing behind the sticks only holding short off two thousand this will be season ticket holders only sell out . will split family and mates up who have stood together for years in wheldon lane end who cant all get season tickets and get to every match. :-&

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 22 Jun 2018, 09:30

Tigerade wrote:
It's all been done Jinger. You've been taking too much notice of this again.......

http://retro.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=100
I haven't, I follow your grounds progress on here. I just couldn't remember anyone mentioning work on the site. You can take the chip off your shoulder now, it must take it's toll. :)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Jun 2018, 09:35

flow wrote:with the standing behind the sticks only holding short off two thousand this will be season ticket holders only sell out . will split family and mates up who have stood together for years in wheldon lane end who cant all get season tickets and get to every match. :-&
If they built us wembley stadium thered still be people moaning
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 22 Jun 2018, 09:44

tigerfeat wrote:
flow wrote:with the standing behind the sticks only holding short off two thousand this will be season ticket holders only sell out . will split family and mates up who have stood together for years in wheldon lane end who cant all get season tickets and get to every match. :-&
If they built us wembley stadium thered still be people moaning
free is not always best if this ever gets built look whats happened at salford be careful what u wish for. they would go back to willows tomorrow

Digger Dave

Post by Digger Dave » 22 Jun 2018, 10:09

johnson wrote: Yeh they said highways start October 2018 completed october2019 so could start on footings for stadium just after that all parties were confident that all time scales would be met and said that the ground had a deadline of octber2020 so cas would have every thing in place to start the new 2021 season in the new ground - asked if this was going to come to fruition and was told 100% yes!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:
They're hardly likely to say anything other than that though. Looking at the timeline the roadworks even if they start in October they will have already slipped into Q4. Also won't they have to be suspended shortly afterwards as according to some on here you can't carry out construction work over the winter :D

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 22 Jun 2018, 10:11

Looks fantastic, I'd like to see the internal plans. If you watch the nrl the honed team had a dressing room and warm up area. Also in football version my they have a cold water pool for after match recuperation. I'd like these in and hasto be in now at planing stage. I appreciate this isn't Sydney stadium or the Emirates but we have to give ourselves the best changes and advantages.

manager

Post by manager » 22 Jun 2018, 11:29

For me I hope they are being smart and using solar panels where possible to reduce running costs. Play this smart and this will stabilise the club financially, correct marketing of the facilities will bring in extra revenue. I’m still cautiously excited

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 Jun 2018, 12:29

it all looks very nice, in the past we have too many false dawns for me to get exited I have posted before the picture I want to see is of the first cube of concrete being laid , then will know its going to happen

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 22 Jun 2018, 12:31

Which way is the ground gonna lay? Is it to run with the sides parallel with the M62?