New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Chuck13

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Chuck13 » 19 Apr 2019, 10:01

Hi all, first post on here. Dunno if I've done it right but there should be a pic attached of the site I took on a recent flight over.
Sitephoto.jpg

Captain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Captain » 19 Apr 2019, 11:47

That looks almost rugby pitch shape

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 21 Apr 2019, 15:02

Could be some road works starting soon, warnings up on the m62 near j32.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 21 Apr 2019, 15:23

TheSheriff wrote:Could be some road works starting soon, warnings up on the m62 near j32.
Tour de Yorkshire

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 21 Apr 2019, 16:34

Dez wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:Could be some road works starting soon, warnings up on the m62 near j32.
Tour de Yorkshire
That's what I thought at first, but does that go down the motorway?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Apr 2019, 16:50

They are going to be doing some works at Junction 32A that joins with the A1, I believe.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Apr 2019, 16:52

M62 junction 32a to junction 33 Ferrybridge

The A1M southbound to the M62 eastbound link road will be fully closed overnight on Monday 8 April for barrier work. The closure takes place between 8pm and 6am, and drivers will be able to follow clearly signed diversion routes.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Digger Dave

Post by Digger Dave » 21 Apr 2019, 23:31

HuddsTigers wrote:Phases 1 and 2a (Highways and site wide infrastructure) approved today :D

That's all planning permissions ticked off now and Reserved Matters for all phases approved.

So just the Retailers now (unless any other changes required based on retailer demands) to tick off and that's hopefully enough to get us on our way.
Think you're a bit premature to say all planning's been ticked off. If it had there'd be pictures of the stadium and the retail units doing the rounds.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 21 Apr 2019, 23:33

Digger Dave wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Phases 1 and 2a (Highways and site wide infrastructure) approved today :D

That's all planning permissions ticked off now and Reserved Matters for all phases approved.

So just the Retailers now (unless any other changes required based on retailer demands) to tick off and that's hopefully enough to get us on our way.
Think you're a bit premature to say all planning's been ticked off. If it had there'd be pictures of the stadium and the retail units doing the rounds.
You mean like the ones you've been able to view for about a year now?

Planning got signed off on, it's there for you to see if you go toddle along to the planning portal.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 21 Apr 2019, 23:49

I keep viewing hoping to see some INFO RE ground hoping for some positive news only to be disappointed , we will not be in a position to move till an announcement comes from the club or the builders, till this happens lets enjoy what we have Weldon road is were I have watched my rugby for many years and for me it takes some beating for atmosphere

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 23 Apr 2019, 20:05

New stadium just opened in Parramatta. Looks good:-

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/a-look-i ... ium-20257/

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 06 May 2019, 17:51

All the trouble and bad luck on the paddy as any body got any good news about the new ground gone on deaf ears again.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 06 May 2019, 19:53

flow wrote:All the trouble and bad luck on the paddy as any body got any good news about the new ground gone on deaf ears again.
??
Not sure how to answer that one.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 06 May 2019, 20:16

casjunction wrote:
flow wrote:All the trouble and bad luck on the paddy as any body got any good news about the new ground gone on deaf ears again.
??
Not sure how to answer that one.
Pick two answers and flip a coin :lol:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 May 2019, 09:19

any body who's in the now about the new ground heard any thing this month, was the start date put back to june or still waiting to full more units.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 09:22

flow wrote:any body who's in the now about the new ground heard any thing this month, was the start date put back to june or still waiting to full more units.
Yeah my bricks down at wickes ready to pick up :lol:

Digger Dave

Post by Digger Dave » 16 May 2019, 21:22

TheSheriff wrote:
Digger Dave wrote:

Planning got signed off on, it's there for you to see if you go toddle along to the planning portal.
Which are they then? I can't see any plans for either the stadium or retail units on the planning portal so maybe you could post the links? Even the Club's website doesn't have a picture of what the stadium will look like! Have a look on York Council's planning portal at the application for the new stadium there to get an idea of what documents still need to be submitted, scrutinised and approved before any building can actually take place.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 16 May 2019, 21:29

Digger Dave wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
Digger Dave wrote:

Which are they then? I can't see any plans for either the stadium or retail units on the planning portal so maybe you could post the links? Even the Club's website doesn't have a picture of what the stadium will look like! Have a look on York Council's planning portal at the application for the new stadium there to get an idea of what documents still need to be submitted, scrutinised and approved before any building can actually take place.

http://www.castigers.com/article.php?id=976

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 16 May 2019, 21:50

TheSheriff wrote:
Digger Dave wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
Digger Dave wrote:

http://www.castigers.com/article.php?id=976
Noticed other day all axiom signs be taken down 8-[

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 16 May 2019, 21:52

the boys win so we have to look at something else to be negative about?