New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Aug 2018, 12:49

It won't let me open the link you've put off il have another look tonight ...not noticed them on the lampposts before
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 21 Aug 2018, 14:00

Apologies if this has been spelt out before ( I am sure it probably has) but what is this actually stating?

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 21 Aug 2018, 14:08

HuddsTigers wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:theres notices being put on the lampposts along park view regarding work about to begin on a entrance road to the new stadium,think thats what it meant anyway

Was this it? http://cominoweb.wakefield.gov.uk/Plann ... nt=obj.pdf

If so, this is notice of the planning application to amend the Reserved Matters application for Phase 1 and 2a of the development.
It’s a Reserved Matters application dated 24th August for phases 2b, 3 and 4, similar to that posted above, states comments by 14th September.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 21 Aug 2018, 14:12

SREGITSAC wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:theres notices being put on the lampposts along park view regarding work about to begin on a entrance road to the new stadium,think thats what it meant anyway

If so, this is notice of the planning application to amend the Reserved Matters application for Phase 1 and 2a of the development.
It’s a Reserved Matters application dated 24th August for phases 2b, 3 and 4, similar to that posted above, states comments by 14th September.
https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/onlin ... ab=summary

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 22 Aug 2018, 13:46

SREGITSAC wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

Lets not get too exited got to build excess to land what ever happens to the land

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 22 Aug 2018, 15:40

flow wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

Lets not get too exited got to build excess to land what ever happens to the land
Huh?

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 02 Sep 2018, 20:31

four weeks to go before start on the stadium and axiom project. how good would October be they actually do start doing something and we get to old Trafford again and win the dam thing this time.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Sep 2018, 13:14

not got league weekly to hand to look at so not word for word but nosey parkers headline is hes heard for certain wakefield council are going to build wakey a new ground at balne lane ? i think it was ...starting spring 2019 finishing 2020
because of this cas would be looking for some money from wakey council to get there proposed new ground moving?
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 03 Sep 2018, 13:54

tigerfeat wrote:not got league weekly to hand to look at so not word for word but nosey parkers headline is hes heard for certain wakefield council are going to build wakey a new ground at balne lane ? i think it was ...starting spring 2019 finishing 2020
because of this cas would be looking for some money from wakey council to get there proposed new ground moving?
I doubt it on two grounds:

WMDC are skint and struggling to fund the changes needed to avoid the Gov't stepping in to run Children's Services.
Balne Lane has nowhere suitable for a stadium.

But, Nosey knows best...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 03 Sep 2018, 15:21

nosey describes wakey city centre as "thriving" in the article so i wouldn't give it too much credence. apart from trinity walk its looked dead to me the last few times i've been which admittedly were midweek.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Sep 2018, 15:38

He says his info is from a very reliable source ...wait till jinger comes on see if he's heard owt
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 03 Sep 2018, 16:41

tigerfeat wrote:He says his info is from a very reliable source ...wait till jinger comes on see if he's heard owt
Load of ball peckers, he hasn't got a clue, all he's done is read our RL fans forum, lazy journalism as usual. Lurcher I think you're wrong regarding Wakey not thriving, it seems to me that the city centre is getting very popular at the moment, we're actually loathe to go in on Saturday afternoon, it can be quite manic at times.
As an aside Wakey (from town to the Unity hall area) is fantastic on an evening these days, a completely different animal to Wakey probably ten years since. There's probably a dozen quality pubs/ bars within a five minute walk from Unity.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 03 Sep 2018, 17:07

JIN JER wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:He says his info is from a very reliable source ...wait till jinger comes on see if he's heard owt
Load of ball peckers, he hasn't got a clue, all he's done is read our RL fans forum, lazy journalism as usual. Lurcher I think you're wrong regarding Wakey not thriving, it seems to me that the city centre is getting very popular at the moment, we're actually loathe to go in on Saturday afternoon, it can be quite manic at times.
As an aside Wakey (from town to the Unity hall area) is fantastic on an evening these days, a completely different animal to Wakey probably ten years since. There's probably a dozen quality pubs/ bars within a five minute walk from Unity.
Soz Jinj lad but during the week, Wakey town center is dead. I work there and see it every day.

The daily commute has significantly improved in recent years and that is down to the fact less folk are travelling into the city center to work.

Countless shops with shutters down all the time and whilst I agree the bars have improved, the recent closure of The Beer Exchange goes to show the area is far from growing. I was out last Friday and The Hop, which used to be packed every Friday, was less than half full and Friday was a lovely evening.

These are not the thoughts of a biased Cas fan but the general observations of someone who witnessed the death of Cas town center following the opening of Xscape - Wakey is showing the exact same signs.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Sep 2018, 17:39

I was speaking to my mum this morning and she said what do you think of wakey getting a new ground I said where you heard that she said it's on front page of league weekly
Apologies to nosey parker if he's right but to put a story that most people think is bogus on the front page of the trade paper on the back of reading something on wakey forum is poor in my eyes
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 03 Sep 2018, 17:46

Flat Capper wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
Soz Jinj lad but during the week, Wakey town center is dead. I work there and see it every day.

The daily commute has significantly improved in recent years and that is down to the fact less folk are travelling into the city center to work.

Countless shops with shutters down all the time and whilst I agree the bars have improved, the recent closure of The Beer Exchange goes to show the area is far from growing. I was out last Friday and The Hop, which used to be packed every Friday, was less than half full and Friday was a lovely evening.

These are not the thoughts of a biased Cas fan but the general observations of someone who witnessed the death of Cas town center following the opening of Xscape - Wakey is showing the exact same signs.
You probably see more than I do, we go in Tuesday's and Thursday's and there always appears to be people milling around.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 04 Sep 2018, 10:27

Wakey city centre is just like any other at the moment - a rapid influx of turkish barbers, polish off-licences and charity shops. It's happening all over the UK.

The one thing I notice about the city centre is the total absence of anything WT. You don't even see anyone with Wakey shirts on - unlike our town centre where you cannot walk 20 yards without seeing someone in the black and gold.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 04 Sep 2018, 11:23

Tigerade wrote:Wakey city centre is just like any other at the moment - a rapid influx of turkish barbers, polish off-licences and charity shops. It's happening all over the UK.

The one thing I notice about the city centre is the total absence of anything WT. You don't even see anyone with Wakey shirts on - unlike our town centre where you cannot walk 20 yards without seeing someone in the black and gold.
Only my opinion but that is clap trap, I've never known as much merchandise being bought and worn, either in Wakey or Normy. A total absence of anything WT, you didn't walk past the Ridings club shop I take it?

Craigy B
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Craigy B » 04 Sep 2018, 12:19

Having had the misfortune of being an outsider living in Vietnorm for many years I must admit that I found Wakey to be the third visible presence in the area behind both Cas and Fev. The community relations are also very amateurish (they left a full year of children in my daughters school waiting for their rugby class. Only to inform the school when they called to find out where the club representatives were that they weren’t sending any because they “forgot they had a match that day”)

As for a visible presence in the city centre. I don’t think that’s a Wakey thing as much as a rugby league thing. I don’t think you find much of a an RL presence in most of the cities where it’s played, because the wider population of those places don’t give two hoots about the sport. Not like they do in the small towns

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 04 Sep 2018, 12:48

Back on topic (sorry!) - the application to increase the capacity from 10,000 to 10,245 has been approved.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 04 Sep 2018, 16:37

Only my opinion but that is clap trap, I've never known as much merchandise being bought and worn, either in Wakey or Normy. A total absence of anything WT, you didn't walk past the Ridings club shop I take it?
Yes - I did walk past the WT shop in the Ridings Jinge. It was empty.