New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Aug 2018, 17:37

It's like a roller coaster this thread stuff put that sounds promising then maybe it not so positive after all ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 08 Aug 2018, 17:48

The coal extraction is needed to develop the site, there’s not really any money in it.

Whilst £140k may not be much in terms of the overall project it’s still a lot of money, which no developer will throw around needlessly particularly when it’s being spent on things that add no real value to the site

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 08 Aug 2018, 17:54

Digger Dave wrote:£140k is approx 0.1% of the cost of the project so pretty insignificant really.
But in terms of spending money for something that "won't happen", it's a lot of money.... ;)
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 08 Aug 2018, 19:55

Well yes but developers speculate.
Currently working on a new motorway service area and over 400k invested before planning has been granted.
Anyway thanks Hudd it’s just confusing .
Finally who owns lateral?
Cheers Robbi
Truth is always best !

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 08 Aug 2018, 20:14

Philip Lunn owns Lateral along with the other chap who is a Director. Curtis Whatshisface? Couldn’t you just look on Companies House for this info?

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 08 Aug 2018, 20:51

HuddsTigers wrote:Philip Lunn owns Lateral along with the other chap who is a Director. Curtis Whatshisface? Couldn’t you just look on Companies House for this info?
What shoe size is Mr Lunn??? :lol:

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 08 Aug 2018, 20:54

MØL wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Philip Lunn owns Lateral along with the other chap who is a Director. Curtis Whatshisface? Couldn’t you just look on Companies House for this info?
What shoe size is Mr Lunn??? :lol:
9 :-" :D

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 08 Aug 2018, 21:29

Mmm...the cynic in me thinks Robbo already knows the answers to the questions he’s posed but is asking them trying to lead the thread in a certain direction. Maybe to highlight in a more cryptic way to his previous posts why the project won’t happen? If that is the case then I expect he’ll ask more questions that will start to link together and show the rest of us a pattern. Of course my imagination may be totally running away with me and just like most on this topic am fed up of what seems good news being turned into potential nothing news. If I am way off the mark then I apologise in advance to Robbo it just strikes me that his knowledge of the club and stadium project would know some or all of the answers already?

FWIW I’m still 50/50 on whether the stadium will happen but I do agree that whilst £140k May be a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things why would they continue to throw cash at it if it’s not going’s to happen?? :pray:
Last edited by WallTiger on 08 Aug 2018, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 08 Aug 2018, 21:31

I agree but thought I’d humour him with answers.

He knows full well all the info he’s asked is publicly available, as it is for everyone via the planning portal, Axiom website and Companies House.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 08 Aug 2018, 23:24

Robbo is coming across as one of those passive aggressive folks at work you’d love to smack.

Apologies Robbo if that’s not the case :D

I personally still don’t think we’ll ever have a new stadium by the way and see our only hope as rebuilding the Death Star!
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Aug 2018, 08:09

Fair play to the people who are insisting it will go ahead I think if you ask most people in the town they would say I hope so but can't see it maybe that's more to do with past experience
Shortly find out who's got it right
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 09 Aug 2018, 09:34

HuddsTigers wrote:I agree but thought I’d humour him with answers.

He knows full well all the info he’s asked is publicly available, as it is for everyone via the planning portal, Axiom website and Companies House.
Also worth noting - Axiom have had a public consultation at both Glasshoughton sports centre and Wheldon Road - all the answers were available on those days.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 09 Aug 2018, 09:54

WallTiger wrote:Mmm...the cynic in me thinks Robbo already knows the answers to the questions he’s posed but is asking them trying to lead the thread in a certain direction. Maybe to highlight in a more cryptic way to his previous posts why the project won’t happen? If that is the case then I expect he’ll ask more questions that will start to link together and show the rest of us a pattern. Of course my imagination may be totally running away with me and just like most on this topic am fed up of what seems good news being turned into potential nothing news. If I am way off the mark then I apologise in advance to Robbo it just strikes me that his knowledge of the club and stadium project would know some or all of the answers already?

FWIW I’m still 50/50 on whether the stadium will happen but I do agree that whilst £140k May be a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things why would they continue to throw cash at it if it’s not going’s to happen?? :pray:
I tend to agree, if it did fail, he'd love it. Which is strange for a Cas fan to want to fail.

The money invested into the site is already quite a lot more Cas, Robbo or whoever has lying about in the bank. The coal extracting is peanuts to the cost so far and already had permission, why would they spend another 141k on a site?

I tend to believe the facts and known information rather than cryptic messages and questioning. In October we should know whether it's going to happen. As a fan I can only wait and see.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 09 Aug 2018, 11:35

I think it's more of a case of Andy would like to see guaranteed funding and solid financials in place along with a time line that is more or less firmed up opposed to it slipping and slipping. He's posted many a time Strong Financial foundations give stability.
Also consider how many retail/shopping areas are within a 30-40min drive. So unless its a cracking bespoke development will it attract retailers and shoppers alike. I think that's what Robbo is getting at. No point in saying we've XYZ retailers signed up if it's only 30% of the whole development.

Just a thought...

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 09 Aug 2018, 11:41

ERG2012 wrote:I think it's more of a case of Andy would like to see guaranteed funding and solid financials in place along with a time line that is more or less firmed up opposed to it slipping and slipping. He's posted many a time Strong Financial foundations give stability.
Also consider how many retail/shopping areas are within a 30-40min drive. So unless its a cracking bespoke development will it attract retailers and shoppers alike. I think that's what Robbo is getting at. No point in saying we've XYZ retailers signed up if it's only 30% of the whole development.

Just a thought...
Didn’t they already confirm funding?

Re timelines, I reiterate that since issuance of their milestone plan in Feb this year they haven’t moved any dates.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 09 Aug 2018, 12:58

SREGITSAC wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:I think it's more of a case of Andy would like to see guaranteed funding and solid financials in place along with a time line that is more or less firmed up opposed to it slipping and slipping. He's posted many a time Strong Financial foundations give stability.

Just a thought...
Didn’t they already confirm funding?

Re timelines, I reiterate that since issuance of their milestone plan in Feb this year they haven’t moved any dates.
Yes, they have said funding was an issue but is now in place and no timeline has slipped. Until something changes, we can't moan. That's how I see it.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 09 Aug 2018, 13:02

Mysterio wrote:Robbo is coming across as one of those passive aggressive folks at work you’d love to smack.
Now I'm not one to advocate violence, but, have you ever been in his company socially? I have and it's not pretty. :)

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 09 Aug 2018, 21:19

JIN JER wrote:
Mysterio wrote:Robbo is coming across as one of those passive aggressive folks at work you’d love to smack.
Now I'm not one to advocate violence, but, have you ever been in his company socially? I have and it's not pretty. :)
Explain :dance:
Audacter Et Sincere

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 09 Aug 2018, 23:06

Mysterio wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
Explain :dance:
See PM.

Digger Dave

Post by Digger Dave » 10 Aug 2018, 10:26

HuddsTigers wrote:
Digger Dave wrote:£140k is approx 0.1% of the cost of the project so pretty insignificant really.
But in terms of spending money for something that "won't happen", it's a lot of money.... ;)
It's a lot of money to most people but in terms of a development such as this it's peanuts (like I said ca0.1% of the development) and is something that is required IF the project is to go ahead. Delays cost money, and a developer will weigh up the cost of a delay in obtaining planning if/when the project becomes financially viable versus the cost of putting it in early.

How much was spent obtaining planning for the proposed stadium on the other side of the road?
Last edited by Digger Dave on 10 Aug 2018, 10:33, edited 2 times in total.