New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Tigerade » 04 Sep 2018, 10:27

Wakey city centre is just like any other at the moment - a rapid influx of turkish barbers, polish off-licences and charity shops. It's happening all over the UK.

The one thing I notice about the city centre is the total absence of anything WT. You don't even see anyone with Wakey shirts on - unlike our town centre where you cannot walk 20 yards without seeing someone in the black and gold.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 04 Sep 2018, 11:23

Tigerade wrote:Wakey city centre is just like any other at the moment - a rapid influx of turkish barbers, polish off-licences and charity shops. It's happening all over the UK.

The one thing I notice about the city centre is the total absence of anything WT. You don't even see anyone with Wakey shirts on - unlike our town centre where you cannot walk 20 yards without seeing someone in the black and gold.
Only my opinion but that is clap trap, I've never known as much merchandise being bought and worn, either in Wakey or Normy. A total absence of anything WT, you didn't walk past the Ridings club shop I take it?

Craigy B
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Craigy B » 04 Sep 2018, 12:19

Having had the misfortune of being an outsider living in Vietnorm for many years I must admit that I found Wakey to be the third visible presence in the area behind both Cas and Fev. The community relations are also very amateurish (they left a full year of children in my daughters school waiting for their rugby class. Only to inform the school when they called to find out where the club representatives were that they weren’t sending any because they “forgot they had a match that day”)

As for a visible presence in the city centre. I don’t think that’s a Wakey thing as much as a rugby league thing. I don’t think you find much of a an RL presence in most of the cities where it’s played, because the wider population of those places don’t give two hoots about the sport. Not like they do in the small towns

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 04 Sep 2018, 12:48

Back on topic (sorry!) - the application to increase the capacity from 10,000 to 10,245 has been approved.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 04 Sep 2018, 16:37

Only my opinion but that is clap trap, I've never known as much merchandise being bought and worn, either in Wakey or Normy. A total absence of anything WT, you didn't walk past the Ridings club shop I take it?
Yes - I did walk past the WT shop in the Ridings Jinge. It was empty.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 04 Sep 2018, 17:01

Tigerade wrote:
Good grief, you can't judge on one walk past.:)

theboyem
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by theboyem » 04 Sep 2018, 19:57

JIN JER wrote:
Tigerade wrote:
Its been empty most times i've walked past and i say that as a Wakey fan. It's in the wrong place.

I also have to agree that Wakey is, for the most part, a ghost town these days, all Trinity Walk has done has centalised all the city centres shopping there, bar the discount stores. Footfall isn't any higher, just more condensed. The Ridings, Precinct, Spring & Kirkgate are terrible place to be.

Whilst you do have a point that some of the bars & restaurants have improved on recent times it still lags way behind Leeds i'm afraid in that regard. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to go lets put it that way.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 04 Sep 2018, 21:34

theboyem wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
Tigerade wrote:
Its been empty most times i've walked past and i say that as a Wakey fan. It's in the wrong place.

I also have to agree that Wakey is, for the most part, a ghost town these days, all Trinity Walk has done has centalised all the city centres shopping there, bar the discount stores. Footfall isn't any higher, just more condensed. The Ridings, Precinct, Spring & Kirkgate are terrible place to be.

Whilst you do have a point that some of the bars & restaurants have improved on recent times it still lags way behind Leeds i'm afraid in that regard. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to go lets put it that way.
You wouldn't go out of your way to go into Wakey pubs? Then continue to miss out, it's a great night out for 30+ age group. I could do you a list of excellent quality pubs/bars probably 12 strong, one drink in each would make for a good night. Yes Wakey is probably 20yrs behind Leeds in volume of pubs but a pub crawl in Leeds would put is back £100 where as a Wakey trip would probably be £50.
A genuine question? Just out of interest the Boyem, when was the last time you went on a Wakey pub crawl?

theboyem
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by theboyem » 04 Sep 2018, 22:33

JIN JER wrote:
theboyem wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
Tigerade wrote:

You wouldn't go out of your way to go into Wakey pubs? Then continue to miss out, it's a great night out for 30+ age group. I could do you a list of excellent quality pubs/bars probably 12 strong, one drink in each would make for a good night. Yes Wakey is probably 20yrs behind Leeds in volume of pubs but a pub crawl in Leeds would put is back £100 where as a Wakey trip would probably be £50.
A genuine question? Just out of interest the Boyem, when was the last time you went on a Wakey pub crawl?
Challenge cup day. Boons, Printworks, Harrys, Elliots, Hop that kind of thing, although it was hardly rammed for a bank holiday saturday. They pubs are decent enough yes but they are hardly a major pull unless you are right on the doorstep and neither are they that far behind in terms of price anymore. There is a reason the Beer Exchange shut, they weren’t getting the custom. Wakey is better than it was without a doubt but excellent? Nah not for me.

Anyway kind of gone off topic. Is Cas getting a ground or not. I’ll go not. ;) Neither are we though!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 05 Sep 2018, 14:19

JIN JER wrote:
theboyem wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
Tigerade wrote:

but is there owt for us young un's and is there much talent abart?
jo brand is eddie warings love child

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 05 Sep 2018, 16:15

Yes there is.......And you're deluded. :)

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 06 Sep 2018, 22:56

we like a bit of funk and garage, but if we want a bit of grime we go to belle vue. :lol:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 06 Sep 2018, 23:50

lurcher wrote:we like a bit of funk and garage, but if we want a bit of grime we go to belle vue. :lol:
Who the funk have you been talking to? Pof Doody? :)

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 06 Sep 2018, 23:52

lurcher wrote:we like a bit of funk and garage, but if we want a bit of grime we go to belle vue. :lol:
I'm gonna educate a few on here. A great band from Goole, "Sandra's wedding", great melodies and cutting lyrics, I love them, and one of the guitarist's is a Cas fan. Enjoy

BCT
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Wheldon Road End - The side bit next to the main stand

Post by BCT » 07 Sep 2018, 01:04

JIN JER wrote:
I'm gonna educate a few on here. A great band from Goole, "Sandra's wedding", great melodies and cutting lyrics, I love them, and one of the guitarist's is a Cas fan. Enjoy
Great band! Remind me of the beautiful south who I also enjoy.
Cas Until I Die

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 07 Sep 2018, 05:26

Went past the site the other evening and whilst they were on the Ponte side of the land there were several large diggers parked up. Possible signs work to commence on the highways ? :pray:

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 07 Sep 2018, 09:13

WallTiger wrote:Went past the site the other evening and whilst they were on the Ponte side of the land there were several large diggers parked up. Possible signs work to commence on the highways ? :pray:
no mate there flatting land ponty side big house build note to do we cas side they was a rainbow over cas side lol. three weeks to go for hudds tigers deadline when some thing starts to happen fingers crossed or hes going to look pretty stupid lol .

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 07 Sep 2018, 09:38

JIN JER wrote:
He posts on here too.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 07 Sep 2018, 10:03

flow wrote:
WallTiger wrote:Went past the site the other evening and whilst they were on the Ponte side of the land there were several large diggers parked up. Possible signs work to commence on the highways ? :pray:
no mate there flatting land ponty side big house build note to do we cas side they was a rainbow over cas side lol. three weeks to go for hudds tigers deadline when some thing starts to happen fingers crossed or hes going to look pretty stupid lol .
You can't look stupid updating us from the Axiom and planning portal sites. They'll look stupid not hudds. They set the rules and have the money

I find planning stuff all mumbo jumbo tbh and I'm glad someone can decipher it and put it into a Timeline.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 07 Sep 2018, 11:13

TheSheriff wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
He posts on here too.
Ok cheers, what name does he post under?