Another youngster gone.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Another youngster gone.

Post by fords » 11 Dec 2017, 22:09

TownvillesTiger wrote:Are you saying I'm lying?
Where did i say your were lying ?

If you read it i said "So the club statement is a lie then is what your saying ?"

Well we have 2 versions of events. The official club statement and what your saying.

They both cant be true

TownvillesTiger

Post by TownvillesTiger » 11 Dec 2017, 22:37

Jesus Christ,

Of all the things I could go on to Internet and fabricate...

You have you're own mind, you decide, I'll lose no sleep what so ever.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Dec 2017, 08:07

The truth is probably a mix of both. Cas probably told Johnson that they had received a very good offer that they were considering and he didn’t want to leave initially.

However, after weighing up his options and having several chats with Powelly and the club decided that actually moving to Warrington was the best option for his career. After all DP said it was “Luis’ wish to take up this offer” so they have obviously left the ball in his court.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 12 Dec 2017, 11:32

Warrington are good at sweet-talking young players. A couple of years ago they managed to persuade the highly promising young half back who is related to Pete Smith from Fev, to leave Rhinos academy with the promise of putting him through uni, a flat/house share and shared car. Leeds could not/would not match it.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Dec 2017, 13:54

Warrington having a big money backer behind them helps, last year it did them no good long may it continue

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 Dec 2017, 07:24

cogito ergo sum wrote:Warrington are good at sweet-talking young players. A couple of years ago they managed to persuade the highly promising young half back who is related to Pete Smith from Fev, to leave Rhinos academy with the promise of putting him through uni, a flat/house share and shared car. Leeds could not/would not match it.
They are in a good place to sweet talk young players when their head coach Steve Price was the England Academy Coach and got to work with the best youngsters from top clubs. It's easier than growing your own!