2018 SEASON

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

2018 SEASON

Post by classysupercas » 11 Dec 2017, 17:05

havnt posted much since that downer in the grand final, having trouble getting over that horrible day.anyway i thought id give my views on the signings and our prospects for the 2018 season. the signings while not over whelming will probally all work out shrewd signings.roberts at full back was probally the best option if there was none other to sign.you will still have his attacking ability in there. ellis will provide a much needed kicking game. green a tall player who will jump high, will help us when we kick for tries,also he has good line speed. clark looks to have good line speed too.claire never let us down at all and he his decent at full back. if we can get aston half as good as his dad he will be a good player. lo looks a real handfull and has strenthened our wings. wardle will prove to be a good utility player. so all in all we should finish in top 4 and a trip to the grand final again is not off the cards. wembley also a possibility. im happy with the squad we got. just a shame hardaker put his social life above his club, or we would be even stronger.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: 2018 SEASON

Post by gateman » 11 Dec 2017, 21:10

what a post , i am thinking on the same lines and looking forward to another great season, apart from SILLY ZAK i believe the squad is stronger this year than last, time will tell i shall be having a punt for CAS for the league challenge cup and old Trafford, COME ON YE FORD

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 11 Dec 2017, 21:46

gateman wrote:what a post , i am thinking on the same lines and looking forward to another great season, apart from SILLY ZAK i believe the squad is stronger this year than last, time will tell i shall be having a punt for CAS for the league challenge cup and old Trafford, COME ON YE FORD
Players out
1. Hardaker
2.Monaghan
3.Chase
4.Holmes
5.Lynch
6.Patrick
7.Larroyer

Players in
1. Lo
2.Clare
3.Aston
4.Ellis
5.Green
6.Clark
7.Wardle

Certainly debatable to suggest we look stronger than last years squad but hopefully we will still be competative, but like many sides found out last year a few injuries to key personel and anything can happen.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Dec 2017, 21:51

Chase doesn’t count given we managed 3/4s of last season without him.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Dec 2017, 11:13

We all have our thoughts but looking at last years players we have released opposed to imports in my opinion we are stronger in every department except full back , the club have no control on what silly ZAK did, Monaghan and Lynch both have been good servants but went on a season too long, the other lads we released Patrick Larroyer Holmes and Chase between them they would be lucky to have featured in a Dozen matches, our main signing Wardle would walk into most sides in super league Lo a stand out player for his country in the world cup Ellis is at this stage in front of Tom Holmes, the rest of the imports will be out to prove a point , plus hopefully Oliver Holmes as put his injury woes behind him if so he will be like a new edition to the team

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 12 Dec 2017, 11:25

I think we spend up to the cap, so more than one "big" signing was hoping too much. I assume we have spent within to retain our core quality. Lo could be a very astute buy, the others keep us competitive if injuries bite.

My only regret, but NOT a criticism is that I think we need a big robust prop, but I trust in DP! Can't wait.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Dec 2017, 11:28

Green and clark could be anything but they hardly played last year gateman pushing it a bit intit saying were stronger at prop ?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Dec 2017, 12:00

Last years props one of my all time favourite players Andy Lynch was no were near the player he had been in recent years last year, Patrick hardly played with one issue or another, I don't think our new editions will have to brake any pots to equal the two props we have let go, but there again its only my opinion you might be right TIGERFEET

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Dec 2017, 12:19

I thought andy lynch did allright mesen but obvious he was going to call it a day like
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 12 Dec 2017, 13:36

tigerfeat wrote:Green and clark could be anything but they hardly played last year gateman pushing it a bit intit saying were stronger at prop ?
Neither did Patrick and Lynch so you cant say were weaker neither

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 13 Dec 2017, 11:55

If Clark or Green are in the 17, then that is an improvement on last year. Lynch was way off the pace and Patrick injured, so both weren't even in the 17 for much of the season. I think both are shrewd signings, Clark 'could' be the surprise package of next season.

If I am to be worried at all it with the signing of Ellis and Clare. I don't rate either as SL standard at all. I thought we had better already in Jy and Trueman. Scratching my head at these 2 signings. People moan about Eden under the high ball, but praise the signing of Clare?????? Ellis had too many brain farts for me.

Est.1926

Post by Est.1926 » 13 Dec 2017, 19:05

Andy Lynch << Joe Wardle (Replacing JSL or Moors who is switching to prop)
Tom Holmes << Cory Aston
Luke Million << Jacques O'Neill - Stepping up from Academy
Joel Monaghan << Garry Lo
Conor Fitzsimmons << Jack Ray - Stepping up from Academy
Kevin Larroyer << Mitch Clark
Ben Crooks << James Clare
Larne Patrick << James Green
Callum McLelland << Calum Turner - Stepping up from Academy
Luis Johnson << Robbie Storey - Stepping up from Academy

Zak Hardaker << Jamie Ellis (Replacing Roberts who is switching to Fullback)

i think a part from the hardaker thing which the club can not really do anything about him been banned.. i think 2018 squad is looking strong and there is good depth in all position at the club.

2018 Backs
Cory Aston (HB/HB), James Clare (W/FB), Greg Eden (W/FB), Tuoyo Egodo (C/W), Jamie Ellis (HB/H), Luke Gale (HB), Kieran Gill (C/W), Jy Hitchcox (W/FB), Garry Lo (W), Greg Minikin (C/W), Ben Roberts (FB/HB), Michael Shenton (C), Robbie Storey (C/W), Jake Trueman (HB), Calum Turner (FB/HB), Jake Webster (C/SR)

2018 Forwards
Mitch Clark (P/SR), Matt Cook (P/SR), Brandon Douglas (P), Alex Foster (SR/C), James Green (P), Oliver Holmes (SR), Will Maher (P), Nathan Massey (P/LF), Mike McMeeken (SR/C), Paul McShane (H/HB), Grant Millington (P/SR/LF), Adam Milner (LF/H), Junior Moors (P/SR), Jacques O'Neill (H), Jack Ray (SR), Jesse Sene-Lefao (SR/P), Gadwin Springer (P), Joe Wardle (SR/C)

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Dec 2017, 20:56

some great young prospects coming through from our under 19s i hope to see these lads at some stage of the season don a CAS shirt, When are the shirt numbers given out ?? no one seems to know whether Benny will be ready to go when we KO the season in FEB , i hope no news is good news

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 05 Jan 2018, 17:32

how far up the table will we finish
who will prove to be the best signing from our new recruits
which if any of our under 19s will force themselves into the first team
Here is my forecast == a top four finish there will have to be a massive reversal of form for us not to reach that
New recruits== Joe Wardel cant be far away but i was impressed with the way James Green went about his business we have been crying out for a big prop so he gets my vote
young player== Jake Trueman could not have had a better start in the first team but i am going with Callum Turner to break in to the team at full back

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 05 Jan 2018, 17:49

gateman wrote:how far up the table will we finish
who will prove to be the best signing from our new recruits
which if any of our under 19s will force themselves into the first team
Here is my forecast == a top four finish there will have to be a massive reversal of form for us not to reach that
New recruits== Joe Wardel cant be far away but i was impressed with the way James Green went about his business we have been crying out for a big prop so he gets my vote
young player== Jake Trueman could not have had a better start in the first team but i am going with Callum Turner to break in to the team at full back
We know you’ve said

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 05 Jan 2018, 18:12

classysupercas wrote:havnt posted much since that downer in the grand final, having trouble getting over that horrible day.anyway i thought id give my views on the signings and our prospects for the 2018 season. the signings while not over whelming will probally all work out shrewd signings.roberts at full back was probally the best option if there was none other to sign.you will still have his attacking ability in there. ellis will provide a much needed kicking game. green a tall player who will jump high, will help us when we kick for tries,also he has good line speed. clark looks to have good line speed too.claire never let us down at all and he his decent at full back. if we can get aston half as good as his dad he will be a good player. lo looks a real handfull and has strenthened our wings. wardle will prove to be a good utility player. so all in all we should finish in top 4 and a trip to the grand final again is not off the cards. wembley also a possibility. im happy with the squad we got. just a shame hardaker put his social life above his club, or we would be even stronger.
I will have a pint of what you have had my friend. Appears tgat Gateman has been drinking it as well.

Green is a tall player who will jump high? Since when did that mean anything on a prop forward?

If Aston had any talent he would not be with us after being at Leeds regardless of who his dad was. They were desperate for a 6/7 and he couldnt handle it. Crap