I hope it still hurts

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

I hope it still hurts

Post by TT Tiger » 20 Dec 2017, 20:38

Reading the forum the last few days it strikes me that a lot of people are angry and hurt other the grand final. Do you know what I say? Good. We the supporters won’t be the only ones hurting. The lads will too and we Know DP was it was on his face for all to see. This year unlike 2014 we haven’t got whole sale changes in the starting 17 so it’s the same dejected face we saw at the end of the grand final that will take to the field in February. I hope they use that pain to drive them on.
COYF

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: I hope it still hurts

Post by gateman » 20 Dec 2017, 21:08

they will know that they themselves played well below the standard they had set through out last season, yes we felt let down but i am sure they felt worse, lets get back on the horse and rip the league up again, plus a challenge cup win followed by a trip to old Trafford COME ON YE FORD

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 20 Dec 2017, 23:11

Tbf Zaks omission will obviously have hurt the team but every single player played below the form they had set throughout the season. Do you all hand on heart believe we would have won that game had Zak played ? I dont ..

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Dec 2017, 08:12

takethetwo wrote:Tbf Zaks omission will obviously have hurt the team but every single player played below the form they had set throughout the season. Do you all hand on heart believe we would have won that game had Zak played ? I dont ..
They may not have played like they did without the disruption.

masher

Post by masher » 21 Dec 2017, 09:45

takethetwo wrote:Tbf Zaks omission will obviously have hurt the team but every single player played below the form they had set throughout the season. Do you all hand on heart believe we would have won that game had Zak played ? I dont ..
Me neither.
We were running out of stream, lets be honest if Saints hadn't missed some kickable converions we wouldn't have been at OT.
Leeds on the other hand were peaking at the right time, again.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 21 Dec 2017, 10:31

It wasn't simply that Zak was missing. If he'd been injured in training say, the atmosphere would have been different. It was the sense of let-down, stupidity and downright disloyalty to the team and fans. The headlines were about Zak and the bad light it put all of us in. For me, the balloon burst when the news broke. How DP and SG felt God only knows. Leeds were on cloud 9.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Dec 2017, 10:51

cogito ergo sum wrote:It wasn't simply that Zak was missing. If he'd been injured in training say, the atmosphere would have been different. It was the sense of let-down, stupidity and downright disloyalty to the team and fans. The headlines were about Zak and the bad light it put all of us in. For me, the balloon burst when the news broke. How DP and SG felt God only knows. Leeds were on cloud 9.
Spot on.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Dec 2017, 11:21

come on now yeah the most wretched build up to a big game you could imagine but we were still six point favorites to win the game and i doubt if zaks absence had much to do with the leeds pack totally getting on top of ours
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Dec 2017, 11:27

Not sure how much people take note of the warm up.
I always watch it.
The warm up at the GF or the body language was all negative.
Players walking to drills with hands on hips, chins on chest.
I mentioned this to the daughter.
Was obvious the past 2/3 days had affected the whole moral of the team.
Anyhow that’s behind us.
Down to the boys to mend the hurt.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 21 Dec 2017, 11:44

old cas lass wrote:Not sure how much people take note of the warm up.
I always watch it.
Anyhow that’s behind us.
I always watch it too OCL, even my Mum said 'theres something not right here' when watching the warm up. The same in 2014 with Sneyd, you could see in warm up he wasn't right and we all know what happened there. I still believe it wasn't that Zak wasn't playing that hurt us, it was the whole disruption in preparations so close to game day. The team on the field that day was capable of winning, but mentally they weren't there. That was plain to see in warm up. If it had all come out a week before and they'd have had a weeks prep without him and to get in the right state of mind I still think we would have won the game. We will never know though, it's all history now. On to 2018, I can't wait!

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 21 Dec 2017, 11:47

cogito ergo sum wrote: The headlines were about Zak and the bad light it put all of us in. For me, the balloon burst when the news broke.
When i rung my dad to tell him of the news on the Thursday, we both predicted we would lose heavily.

That being said, if Zak had of played, we probably would still of lost, but it would of at least been a close game! Effectively, the GF was over as soon as Leeds scored their second try.

Anyway roll one 2018, it may not be as amazing all round as last year but at least we will have a group of blokes that aren't hell bent on self destruction.

We go again!
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 21 Dec 2017, 12:33

If, as many seem to be suggesting, ZH's actions affected the players so much, I question their own mental ability.

I for one would have been stood on that pitch determined to enjoy the occasion and put in my all for a chance to win the GF.

It is so often the case in sport that during periods of adversity someone has to stand up and take the lead.

There's no excuse for the sub-standard efforts some of the players put in.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Dec 2017, 12:47

every player should have walked out on the field feeling ten foot tall ,im sure they had the final words from powell ringing in there ears
theres 40 odd thousand people live in cas 25 thousand of them are in this ground right behind you ,weve owned this lot for the last two years if they think having one player absent is going to make any odds make em think again,or words to that effect
all fish and chip paper now ,next final were in our coach must out coach his opposite every player must play the game of there lives and the build up must be spot on
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Dec 2017, 13:16

old cas lass wrote:Not sure how much people take note of the warm up.
I always watch it.
Anyhow that’s behind us.
I think you may know what also contributed to that ......

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 21 Dec 2017, 14:38

The same hapened a few years ago, all we had to do was beat Catalan, in the last game, and then Carney had his problem keeping his pants on, and we fell apart and lost the game,

The same has happened hear in my eye's they get told their star fullback won't be playing due to failing a drug test, and the game happened again, the steam was taken out of the high the players were on, and sickens them. What gets me is why it took so long for the RFL to inform Cas about him not being able to play.

Folk can say what they like but this was a massive disruption to the team,and team moral two days before the biggest game in their life's, and the history of Cas Tigers

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 22 Dec 2017, 00:24

Frankas wrote:The same hapened a few years ago, all we had to do was beat Catalan, in the last game, and then Carney had his problem keeping his pants on, and we fell apart and lost the game,

The same has happened hear in my eye's they get told their star fullback won't be playing due to failing a drug test, and the game happened again, the steam was taken out of the high the players were on, and sickens them. What gets me is why it took so long for the RFL to inform Cas about him not being able to play.

Folk can say what they like but this was a massive disruption to the team,and team moral two days before the biggest game in their life's, and the history of Cas Tigers
The Carney incident was at the end of 2015 season not 2014.

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 22 Dec 2017, 18:49

exotic tobacco by any chance ?