My dream for 2018.....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Scarborotiger

Re: My dream for 2018.....

Post by Scarborotiger » 01 Jan 2018, 22:21

That's my point. Johnson moved because he wasn't getting game time and ditto Holmes. I think it's a leap to say Zak won't get a ban and did anybody ask Mead?

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 01 Jan 2018, 22:36

Scarborotiger wrote:That's my point. Johnson moved because he wasn't getting game time and ditto Holmes. I think it's a leap to say Zak won't get a ban and did anybody ask Mead?
I doubt he’ll get game-time at Warrington immediately.
Who would we have dropped to play him anyway? He’s nowhere near the likes of the other players we have in his position at the moment.
Similarly, if Holmes plays one of Gale or Roberts doesn’t. He just isn’t as good as either of those two.
I believe we spoke to Mead at the end of 2016 but then the opportunity to sign Zak came up and Mead was offered a deal at Brisbane. Zak will probably get a ban, but we can’t sign a replacement until it’s confirmed (or not).

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 01 Jan 2018, 23:49

Scarborotiger wrote:Good analysis mate but I would not have let Johnson or Holmes go we are not a big spending club so we have to bring the kids through we cannot stifle them or they will look elsewhere . As for signings I would have liked to have seen Mead at full back. I hope come GF day I am am posting humble pie but I just get that horrible feeling......

McMeeken, Wardle, Foster, Holmes. All young back rowers, when would Johnson get a look in? No brainer to take the cash.

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 02 Jan 2018, 02:27

The thing is ... me and my nephew watched the Cas's seasons tries 2017 whilst being increasingly drunk one bleary weekend night. Several things were confirmed: what occurred was phenomenal, outrageous, and presumably beyond repetition. It was marvelous and beautiful to an extent that we can't expect such jewels again in such profusion. No one can say Cas will not win everything or nothing but surely the treasures of 2017 are beyond normality. Love to be wrong but that was beyond special.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 02 Jan 2018, 03:52

corvusxiii wrote:The thing is ... me and my nephew watched the Cas's seasons tries 2017 whilst being increasingly drunk one bleary weekend night. Several things were confirmed: what occurred was phenomenal, outrageous, and presumably beyond repetition. It was marvelous and beautiful to an extent that we can't expect such jewels again in such profusion. No one can say Cas will not win everything or nothing but surely the treasures of 2017 are beyond normality. Love to be wrong but that was beyond special.
It's a good shout and I find it difficult to imagine that we can repeat anything like that - but we might.

I've watched a couple of reviews of our season and one thing really concerns me - Hardaker's involvement at the heart of so many of the special things that we did..... he was magnificent on several occasions.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 Jan 2018, 09:19

Yes last years results will be an hard act to follow, some of our fans are expecting a complete reversal of form and CAS to tumble down the table, yes it looks like we have lost the best full back in the English game but overhaul the team looks stronger, players we have released have been replaced by players equally as good if not better , the last time i saw the betting CAS were favorites to top the table as a rule the bookies are not far off

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Jan 2018, 09:21

Zak went up a level from when he was at his best at leeds he was a joy to watch during the summer , i do think you have to balance how good cas were and they were good no doubt about it with how weak some of the other teams in the league were last year tho
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Jan 2018, 09:25

The other thing is we just have to stay in the mix im sure theres some space being left on the cap to bring in a top prop during 2018 and zak might be back for 2019 then we could smash up the league again
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 02 Jan 2018, 09:59

simple, a new ground, leave the rest to Daryl :pray:

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 Jan 2018, 10:12

yorky wrote:simple, a new ground, leave the rest to Daryl :pray:
Well said my friend

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 02 Jan 2018, 10:40

^^ This

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Jan 2018, 11:14

Have we not been dreaming of a new ground for over 10 years.
The new ground bit as been put well and truly to the back of my head, been there over 5 years, it will stay there for the fore see able future.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 02 Jan 2018, 11:15

Scarborotiger wrote:Good analysis mate but I would not have let Johnson or Holmes go we are not a big spending club so we have to bring the kids through we cannot stifle them or they will look elsewhere . As for signings I would have liked to have seen Mead at full back. I hope come GF day I am am posting humble pie but I just get that horrible feeling......

And how to do you think we can afford Mead at FB when the outcome of Zak has not been confirmed. 99% its going to end up in a 2yr ban but until then who knows.

45K for a kid who has never played first team rugby and has about 6 guys in front of him. He may well turn out be we great he may end up working in Tesco's in 2yrs who knows. One things is for sure we cant keep them all and 45K is not to be sniffed at given we have probably just waste 150K for 2yrs

Again the deal to sell Holmes was probably done before Zak's incident. If it hadn't then he may well have got more game time next 2yrs with Roberts having to play FB. With Ellis at least we have 2 kickers now to keep the opposition guessing before every man and his dog knew it would be Gale to kick.

wembley65

Post by wembley65 » 02 Jan 2018, 11:43

For Zak read Rangi ....great inspired talent but flawed and always will be. Write him off! It's a shame but a fact. We,ve got to start over again. We had our 15 minutes of fame. Now back to the real world.

wembley65

Post by wembley65 » 02 Jan 2018, 11:48

P.S. The same could be said about George Best and Alex Higgins. Sometimes great talent seems to go hand in hand with tragedy.

Scarborotiger

Post by Scarborotiger » 02 Jan 2018, 21:06

wembley65 wrote:For Zak read Rangi ....great inspired talent but flawed and always will be. Write him off! It's a shame but a fact. We,ve got to start over again. We had our 15 minutes of fame. Now back to the real world.
Totally agree mate

Ladytiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ladytiger » 02 Jan 2018, 21:59

It really annoys me reading some of the posts in this section the negativity is unreal.. we had a fantastic season last year why can’t it continue.. stop thinking like a small town club think big like the big guns of super league we believed last year and look where it got us I for one was sooo proud.. our recruitment is good with the odd one maybe bought for the future.. as regards to the zac situation he was the best in super league last year so whoever Powell plays there this season is always going to be judged but instead of moaning let’s get behind them

Scarborotiger

Post by Scarborotiger » 02 Jan 2018, 22:36

I will always be behind this club and have been for fifty years. The thing is we are small town club and I am proud of that. We did great things last year but we must back the kids coming through and if we go on again then thats great.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 03 Jan 2018, 08:40

all the negativity as been caused by ZAK, as an old fan i remember when Hardisty and Heppy departed for Leeds i was down in the dumps in most recent years some of our fans world fell apart when Rangi left for the first time, then Solomona went it was posted on here how would we manage with out him, i still back us to be in the top four, fingers crossed a challenge cup appearance it might be too much to want to go to old Trafford , but to coin a fraise WE ARE STRONGER TOGETHER, COME ON YE FORD