Most important......

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Most important......

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Feb 2018, 14:20

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Who hates Clare because he doesnt have a foreign name? Are you serious?
Foreign name was probably the wrong phrase. It was more the fact that he hasn’t come from an NRL background. There’s an attitude in rugby league that all the best players come from the NRL. We must sign someone who’s a big nasty prop from South Sea Island. Surely there’s someone in the Reserve Grade in the NRL who can do a job. Etc etc

I’m a firm believer that you can get just as good value in homegrown or domestic based players and more often than not a better ROI from them.

We have overspent in the past on bang average players and look where that made us end up!
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 10 Feb 2018, 14:44

HuddsTigers wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Who hates Clare because he doesnt have a foreign name? Are you serious?
Foreign name was probably the wrong phrase. It was more the fact that he hasn’t come from an NRL background. There’s an attitude in rugby league that all the best players come from the NRL. We must sign someone who’s a big nasty prop from South Sea Island. Surely there’s someone in the Reserve Grade in the NRL who can do a job. Etc etc

I’m a firm believer that you can get just as good value in homegrown or domestic based players and more often than not a better ROI from them.

We have overspent in the past on bang average players and look where that made us end up!

Given that people were clamouring for Walmsley last year and that Hardaker is considered the biggest hole in our team right now I'm not sure the statement about people judging English talent unfairly rings entirely true.

I think people want more established names who bring a known quantity to the table - it's hard for me as someone who's never seen the under 19s to suggest the u-19s starter should be our first team fullback, but I do know that Meads could plug that hole effectively as a proven talent - a known quantity.

At some point teams have to bite the bullet and put a kid out there - Truman for example (who i think we should stick with), but this has to be gradual and peppered with experienced talent.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Feb 2018, 15:13

For anyone that cares, players OOC at end of this year are:

Webster
Eden
Holmes
Milner
Sene-Lefao
Cook (2019 option in club’s favour)
Green
Hitchcox
Clare
Gill
Egodo
Douglas
O’Neill (article reads as if ends mid-season)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Feb 2018, 15:47

Milner cook eden jsl egodo oniell id be offering extensions too not seen enough of green ...see how holmes and webster go
gill done nowt wrong so maybe him too
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Feb 2018, 15:58

Would be happy to keep first 6. Would keep Hitchcock but I reckon he will go somewhere else for more game time.

Rest I wouldnt bother with at all. They arent good enough.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 10 Feb 2018, 16:25

Signings who were not breaking any pots at the time....Gale, McShane, Solomona, McMeeken, Cook, Foster, Eden, Minikin.
Not every signing works out, I realise, but some do.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Feb 2018, 17:30

Be nice to see a few experienced or even better players every now and then just to keep things going and put pressure on the first 13.

The bottom few in that list dont and wont do that. Our first 13 is pretty much set barring injuries. We dont have much outside the current 17 that will push anyone.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Feb 2018, 20:29

HuddsTigers wrote:For anyone that cares, players OOC at end of this year are:

Webster
Eden
Holmes
Milner
Sene-Lefao
Cook (2019 option in club’s favour)
Green
Hitchcox
Clare
Gill
Egodo
Douglas
O’Neill (article reads as if ends mid-season)
That's a long list. Retain first 6.

Rest need to prove they are worthy of a new contract

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 17 Feb 2018, 14:49

SY Tiger wrote:This is the worst post I have ever seen.
Not only the poster but everyone who replies to it are really so sad its embarrassing.

Its just a damaging post and should be deleted

So you still think the same way SY Tiger?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Feb 2018, 19:07

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:If the club lost one of two employees, then who would you feel is more important?

Daryl Powell or Steve Gill and why?

Could you imagine having to make that decision?
The coach made sure that decision had to be taken
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 19 Feb 2018, 19:30

tigerfeat wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:If the club lost one of two employees, then who would you feel is more important?

Daryl Powell or Steve Gill and why?

Could you imagine having to make that decision?
The coach made sure that decision had to be taken
The simple answer to the question is DP. SG has had his job made relatively easy for him by DP getting the team playing how it has been. A winning team generates most of the things that have improved/grown over the last few years. SG is a fantastic bloke, I've spoken to him numerous times and he has Cas in his blood, however the majority of our growth over the last few years has been, purely and simply, down to DP, the players and the rest of the coaching team. Now I'll just wait for Hudds to come on and tell me that I'm wrong because he always knows best and only his opinion should count! :D

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Feb 2018, 19:33

I don’t think I’ve literally ever said that. I’m happy for everyone to have an opinion - I just don’t like discrediting someone or operating on incomplete information or unsubstantiated rumours. Bit of a difference.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 19 Feb 2018, 19:40

HuddsTigers wrote:I don’t think I’ve literally ever said that. I’m happy for everyone to have an opinion - I just don’t like discrediting someone or operating on incomplete information or unsubstantiated rumours. Bit of a difference.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I knew you'd bite quick! No, you have never 'literally ever said that', but some of your responses do sometimes come across that way. Anyway we all want whats best for our club so onwards and upwards!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Feb 2018, 19:48

Steve did a great job saving the club and he should be allowed to walk away , i put up things i believe to be right people can make there own minds up
Its vital the right choice of person is made to replace him we can not afford to mess that up
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Feb 2018, 19:48

derbystiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:I don’t think I’ve literally ever said that. I’m happy for everyone to have an opinion - I just don’t like discrediting someone or operating on incomplete information or unsubstantiated rumours. Bit of a difference.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I knew you'd bite quick! No, you have never 'literally ever said that', but some of your responses do sometimes come across that way. Anyway we all want whats best for our club so onwards and upwards!
I will always challenge a viewpoint which I think is unfair to people when there’s nothing to substantiate something. In this thread, we had quite a good, rational debate myself and LT. I’m happy for people to disagree and have their view, we all have different ways of achieving or doing things. I may think a person is wrong, you may think I’m wrong. And if I’m wrong I’ll say I’m wrong and apologise .

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 19 Feb 2018, 20:37

All good chat and banter folks. All entitled to our views and opinions

Scarborotiger

Post by Scarborotiger » 19 Feb 2018, 21:01

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:
gateman wrote:A couple of wins and this thread will hopefully disappear , when it was started i thought it was some one trying to cause trouble i know its only a forum and every one as aright to put their views forward but lets not try to rock the boat for rocking the boats sake
Why do people automatically think as you do as soon as things are asked that might just upset the rose tinted brigade Gateman?

My questions/posts are purely my own thoughts and views on what we see/hear from the club as I thought most other peoples were.

How could asking questions or for views on things Cas on here cause trouble for the club? Is the club run on what people say on here? Absolutely not.

Does DP pick the team based on posts on here? Not a chance.

How many fans actually post on here? I would bet a very small %age.

The club dont even engage the shareholders on many things so why listen to a small group of fans on here?

I see this forum as a place for Cas fans to share their opinions and thoughts and just because we dont all agree all the time does not make anyone a trouble maker does it?
Well said. Totally agree. As for the current situation. I don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors. I buy my season ticket go to the match and then pass judgment on what I see on the pitch. Remember, coaches and everyone else will come and go but we will always (hopefully) have a team to watch and that is the point no one person is bigger than this club if they were we would have folded long ago BUT we didn’t and we will always be Cas - good or bad and when we are bad every supporter has a right to moan just as every supporter has a right to enjoy the good times. As for Hardaker - sack him. What kind of message does it send out to the kids that play every weekend? You can take drugs but don’t get caught, if you do don’t worry the club will stand by you. What it does do is make this weekends game massive. We need to win. I am treating myself to a stopover in Cas this Friday and Saturday so I can have a few pints before the game and hopefully many more after. That’s me done but let’s get behind them this weekend because Hull fans will certainly turn up in there numbers and will relish what we are going through - Come on Cas !!!