New ticket system ?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New ticket system ?

Post by orrsome » 15 Feb 2018, 10:26

Aid wrote:The easiest and quickest way to get into the Cas ground is by paying cash. Walked past empty cash turnstiles and heaving card/ticket turnstiles. So perhaps one way to ease the congestion is by reducing the number of pay on the day turnstiles.
At some other grounds you can't pay cash on the gate because all the gates are ticket only. I think HKR and Wakey are 2 of them. You have to go to an office to buy a home or away ticket then go to the appropriate ticket only gate.
Is this system worth considering for us to try?

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 15 Feb 2018, 12:16

And Salford
My experience at both HullKR and Salford when turning up without a ticket have been poor
I stoped bothering to go to Wakey a few years ago when they started to pen away fans up like cattle

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 Feb 2018, 12:59

Aid wrote:The easiest and quickest way to get into the Cas ground is by paying cash. Walked past empty cash turnstiles and heaving card/ticket turnstiles. So perhaps one way to ease the congestion is by reducing the number of pay on the day turnstiles.
I agree entirely with the above, most of us buy season tickets to support the club knowing full well that we will most likely miss a few games during the season making the season tickets more expensive than pay as you enter, season ticket holders want looking after, MORE GATES SEASON TICKET HOLDERS ONLY PLEASE

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 15 Feb 2018, 17:19

If we averaged 9,000 last season then "Most of us" dont buy a season ticket as we maybe had 3,000 ish at a guess. This means more people have to queue than a ST holder. Why would you need to make this worse by "Looking after" season ticket holders?

For a season ticket to become more expensive than pay on the day £24, then you would need to miss more than a couple of games for it to jump up to that figure.

There are already several benefits to buying a season ticket and it is very good value yet you seem to think they should be seen as priority.

Surely the club knows how many season ticket holders there are, how many match day tickets have been sold to non season ticket holders and it will always be guess work on pay on the day. Surely the number of turnstiles for each type can be allocated to suit the figures. There were a couple of games last season where this appeared to have been done but no more than that and I thought it worked better.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 15 Feb 2018, 18:20

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:If we averaged 9,000 last season then "Most of us" dont buy a season ticket as we maybe had 3,000 ish at a guess. This means more people have to queue than a ST holder. Why would you need to make this worse by "Looking after" season ticket holders?

For a season ticket to become more expensive than pay on the day £24, then you would need to miss more than a couple of games for it to jump up to that figure.

There are already several benefits to buying a season ticket and it is very good value yet you seem to think they should be seen as priority.

Surely the club knows how many season ticket holders there are, how many match day tickets have been sold to non season ticket holders and it will always be guess work on pay on the day. Surely the number of turnstiles for each type can be allocated to suit the figures. There were a couple of games last season where this appeared to have been done but no more than that and I thought it worked better.
The majority of non season ticket holders pre-purchase match tickets from the Tigers Den rather than paying on the gate. On Sunday there were two turnstiles (one Adults and one concessions) on Wheldon Road and they were empty whilst all the ticket/card turnstiles were heaving. So this is not about "looking after" season ticket holders it is about getting the majority into the ground ASAP.
cum on you Ford

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 15 Feb 2018, 18:32

Or, maybe perhaps just turn up a little earlier and either a) avoid the queues or b) still queue but still get in for a reasonable time. :-$

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 15 Feb 2018, 18:35

That is the easiest solution and the one that I use.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 15 Feb 2018, 18:38

Aid wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:If we averaged 9,000 last season then "Most of us" dont buy a season ticket as we maybe had 3,000 ish at a guess. This means more people have to queue than a ST holder. Why would you need to make this worse by "Looking after" season ticket holders?

The majority of non season ticket holders pre-purchase match tickets from the Tigers Den rather than paying on the gate. On Sunday there were two turnstiles (one Adults and one concessions) on Wheldon Road and they were empty whilst all the ticket/card turnstiles were heaving. So this is not about "looking after" season ticket holders it is about getting the majority into the ground ASAP.
That was a response to Gateman. Read his post and he does say ST holders should be looked after. I dont agree with that.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 Feb 2018, 13:06

Cash is the future...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

legionited
League One Player
League One Player

Post by legionited » 16 Feb 2018, 13:08

Flat Capper wrote:Cash is the future...
That or Bitcoin.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 Feb 2018, 18:56

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:That is the easiest solution and the one that I use.

Me too when the M1, M18 and/or A1,aren’t a car park, which they often are particularly Friday nights

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 16 Feb 2018, 19:08

Why not print bar/QR codes on the paper tickets so they can be scanned rather than tear off stubs?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Feb 2018, 11:05

Anyone find it any better yesterday.
The turnstiles I went in the WiFi went down so people were just walking through, with no scanning.
Still seems to be having teething problems with the WiFi, it don’t surprise me cos the WiFi signal is terrible in the WRE.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 25 Feb 2018, 11:49

old cas lass wrote:Anyone find it any better yesterday.
The turnstiles I went in the WiFi went down so people were just walking through, with no scanning.
Still seems to be having teething problems with the WiFi, it don’t surprise me cos the WiFi signal is terrible in the WRE.
I arrived lateish with about 10 mins to KO and couldn't believe there were literally no queues. Miles better than week before.
On a side note thought Hull were quiet today.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 25 Feb 2018, 12:04

To ease congestion why not scan at random ?? this mite deter people from only paying their first installment ,

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 25 Feb 2018, 14:25

No issues yesterday here. All of our 3 scanned straight away and we were in

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 25 Feb 2018, 14:30

Well done to Steve Gill for all his hard work in resolving this issue over the last couple of weeks.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 25 Feb 2018, 14:49

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Well done to Steve Gill for all his hard work in resolving this issue over the last couple of weeks.

:lol: :lol: Is that you Hudds? :lol: :lol:

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 25 Feb 2018, 15:02

Bugger. Didnt think anyone would spot that. :lol:

topper1208

Post by topper1208 » 26 Feb 2018, 20:21

Ticketing was a nightmare at the end of last season, We dont live in Cas and tried numerous times to call the ticket office for certain games and couldn't get through. The previous year we travelled to the Leeds game at home only to get there and be told it sold out even though we were told by the club that they had tickets available. 140 mile round trip and ended up watching in the Boot Room.
Likewise the GF was just as bad, we eventually had to get someone to go down to the ground and buy them for us as the selling system was a farce. When will the club realise that people work during the day and don't all live in Cas. If you want our support make it easier to purchase tickets.