Steve Gill

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
callum_walker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Steve Gill

Post by callum_walker » 12 Mar 2018, 18:00

I just put my thread in one of its own as I thought more people would read the article than in a 24-page one!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Mar 2018, 18:23

Be good to vocalise our support on the terraces on Sunday. "Steve Gill, there's only one Steve Gill" :)
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Mar 2018, 18:35

On the actual news, saddened to see Steve go. Great guy, who has worked hard for this club over a number of years but deserves a bit of a break now and I'm glad he's stepped down in a fitting manner when is suitable for him and the club is in a good place than in a precarious state like we've had before. Just a shame we didn't get the GF win for him now. Also glad to see him remain in place on the Board of Directors too.

Regarding Jon Wells, it's an interesting choice and purely fills a void for me. He has camaraderie with the players and is a Castlefordian man, passionate about the club. Essentially a younger Steve Gill. It's like for like in job spec as MG always dealt with the financial and commercial side of things while SG always did the rugby side of things having been involved with player development and academy before.

Can't see any issues but would now like to see another body come in on the BoD to support the existing directors and offer valuable insight to the party. Some freshness just keeps the club ticking over especially in a changing sporting and business landscape.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 12 Mar 2018, 18:38

HuddsTigers wrote:On the actual news, saddened to see Steve go. Great guy, who has worked hard for this club over a number of years but deserves a bit of a break now and I'm glad he's stepped down in a fitting manner when is suitable for him and the club is in a good place than in a precarious state like we've had before. Just a shame we didn't get the GF win for him now. Also glad to see him remain in place on the Board of Directors too.

Regarding Jon Wells, it's an interesting choice and purely fills a void for me. He has camaraderie with the players and is a Castlefordian man, passionate about the club. Essentially a younger Steve Gill. It's like for like in job spec as MG always dealt with the financial and commercial side of things while SG always did the rugby side of things having been involved with player development and academy before.

Can't see any issues but would now like to see another body come in on the BoD to support the existing directors and offer valuable insight to the party. Some freshness just keeps the club ticking over especially in a changing sporting and business landscape.
so are you saying that we wont be appointing CEO now that we have Jon Wells?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Mar 2018, 18:41

The club have said that Mark Grattan will now become Managing Director so I assumed that he would take on the remit of CEO and the financial side of things within that and the rugby side of the CEO will go to Jon Wells as Director of Rugby.

That was my interpretation. Could be wrong.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 12 Mar 2018, 19:04

HuddsTigers wrote:The club have said that Mark Grattan will now become Managing Director so I assumed that he would take on the remit of CEO and the financial side of things within that and the rugby side of the CEO will go to Jon Wells as Director of Rugby.

well that sound feasible & would make good sense.

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 12 Mar 2018, 20:07

HuddsTigers wrote:The club have said that Mark Grattan will now become Managing Director so I assumed that he would take on the remit of CEO and the financial side of things within that and the rugby side of the CEO will go to Jon Wells as Director of Rugby.

That is how I read it.
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"