Steve Gill

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Steve Gill

Post by Mysterio » 18 Feb 2018, 14:16

What are the backgrounds of the resort the bod.

I know one but not the rest.

If not grattan, then who. And why.

Given the bod are made up of allegedly successful businessmen, the salary of CEO at Cas will probably represent a pittance to them.

It's about now that thecwhole ownership of the club should maybe change. With respect Is ian Fulton as passionate as his father. If not, let us go.

Sell on TO someone who is excited and driven and passionate.

It makes me ill to think richard Wright still owns shares too. WHY WONT HE SELL ? He's had his time and 'go'. If he's a fan, let it go to someone else.

More importantly for now, can anyone give us an in depth run down and opinio. On the rest of the current bod please.

No wonder the club has the cloud over it.
Audacter Et Sincere

SY Tiger

Post by SY Tiger » 18 Feb 2018, 15:51

Some very interesting times for the Tigers and "Happy Days" ahead.
We are probably at one of the biggest moments in the clubs history. Last year was up with (if not the) best achievements for our team on the field. With the passing of Jack and recent rumours surrounding the board off field events are critical.
The team under a great coaching set up have to cement top four status as a club.
Off field the board has to structure to be one of the top teams from a marketing point of view.
If we can keep the squad (including Zak) and the coaching staff together we have a great opportunity on field.
If we can get a settled board that have a vision we have a great opportunity to increase revenue (New Stadium) which filters through to the playing side.
A simple vision of "Happy Days" at the Tigers :D

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Feb 2018, 18:14

RW isn’t going to sell his shares unless someone buys him out and repays the money he’s put in. And why would you with a new stadium on the horizon? Asset much more likely to positively reflect on the balance sheet.

He’s always said he will sell if someone wants to make him an offer. The shares are actually worth very little but all those people have put hardearned in.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 18 Feb 2018, 18:15

HuddsTigers wrote:RW isn’t going to sell his shares unless someone buys him out and repays the money he’s put in. And why would you with a new stadium on the horizon? Asset much more likely to positively reflect on the balance sheet.

He’s always said he will sell if someone wants to make him an offer. The shares are actually worth very little but all those people have put hardearned in.
who will the new stadium belong to?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Feb 2018, 18:17

yorky wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:RW isn’t going to sell his shares unless someone buys him out and repays the money he’s put in. And why would you with a new stadium on the horizon? Asset much more likely to positively reflect on the balance sheet.

who will the new stadium belong to?
Us. Cas. The freehold is being transferred to Cas for a £1. We will also own WR which can be sold or used for whatever we want. Either way, Cas will essentially be debt free and have an asset on their books worth £12m.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 18 Feb 2018, 18:23

thanks Hudds, but i dont want to hijack this thread, but if Steve Gill who i trusted has left, who are US, is it the current shareholders / board or do they own shares in the old ground with the new one being put in a tigers trust etc. this is not to say i dont trust other board members etc, i just find it a grey area not knowing who the CEO is / will be?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Feb 2018, 19:18

The stadium will be owned by Castleford Tigers. It will be a club asset. Whoever are the Directors at the time will be responsible for making sure it stays that way. The shareholders benefit from the value of the club being higher and subsequently their shares.

Just like Wheldon Rd is owned by the club but with the fact that the Fulton’s have a charge against the ground, most of it will go towards repaying them and any other secured debtors.

In effect, the shareholders appoint the BoD and the BoD are responsible for managing the club. But with the Fultons owning most of the shares, in effect they run and appoint the BoD.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 18 Feb 2018, 19:35

thanks Hudds

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 18 Feb 2018, 22:57

RW has not put money in to the club, far from it. He had taken hundreds of thousands out and all under the watchful eyes of Jack Fulton for very little in return.This is why we were a 2 bob outfit. Unfortunately we are now maybe a ten bob outfit thanks to tbe current BOD.

Without DP we would be nowhere near where we are now.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 19 Feb 2018, 00:09

If the current ( Ceo ) and BOD are applauded for making the 260 k profit. Who was responsible for the losses of 2 m previously ?
Truth is always best !

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 19 Feb 2018, 02:22

Robbo wrote:If the current ( Ceo ) and BOD are applauded for making the 260 k profit. Who was responsible for the losses of 2 m previously ?
the ones offering stupid contracts out and that was rw
2nd rate players in past getting big bucks

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 19 Feb 2018, 09:39

Spoke to Steve last year b4 season started and he said what would you like this season which I replied Top 4. He said I’d like to win away at saints. That was it
Maybe the bloke ant got the ambition to take us to the next level.

peter parker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by peter parker » 19 Feb 2018, 09:43

Or maybe he has a sense of humour.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Feb 2018, 10:17

With all the rumours that are being banded about, IF Steve as left or been pushed, i thought last week would have been a good time to bury BAD news ,with the video of the new Stadium and the opening of the new shopping out let , i am hoping all the rumours are just that and we have the man that as saved our club at the helm for many a year,

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 19 Feb 2018, 10:30

gateman wrote:With all the rumours that are being banded about, IF Steve as left or been pushed, i thought last week would have been a good time to bury BAD news ,with the video of the new Stadium and the opening of the new shopping out let , i am hoping all the rumours are just that and we have the man that as saved our club at the helm for many a year,

I’d like to know too... maybe it’s just a rumour with nothing coming out. So no news is good news ?
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 19 Feb 2018, 11:15

onetiger wrote:
Robbo wrote:If the current ( Ceo ) and BOD are applauded for making the 260 k profit. Who was responsible for the losses of 2 m previously ?
the ones offering stupid contracts out and that was rw
2nd rate players in past getting big bucks
So you could see it. However not his Boss who bankrolled it ??
Truth is always best !

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Feb 2018, 11:57

RW took money OUT of the club?!? Or are you just referring to his salary.

How much are his shares alone worth?
Audacter Et Sincere

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 19 Feb 2018, 13:45

Question mark of how those shares were ever granted.
I understood it was in lieu of salary .
The shares are worthless as Fulton’s have 70%.
I do not think RW as been to a board meeting in years.
There are 80.000 shares and the value after selling WR would just about clear the debts.
If a new ground is given then the value is 125 pounds each.
That clear?
Truth is always best !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 19 Feb 2018, 13:52

I'm not always a believer in no smoke without fire but the rumour mill is going into overdrive at the moment with Cas. The only fact I can rely on is our performances so far this season and those have certainly been more in line with a troubled Club than one that had just had the best season in its history.

If (and I'll stick with if for now) Steve has left, why hasn't it been announced?

Is everything based on the Hardaker situation and what is actually happening with him?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 19 Feb 2018, 14:00

Mike frain on the Facebook page as been asked by cas to release a statement on the group asking for fans patience.unbelievable