Steve Gill

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Steve Gill

Post by Robbo » 20 Feb 2018, 16:17

fords wrote:
Robbo wrote:To be fair Speculation is caused by lack of information.
10 pages long and a growing number of theories.

The only thing we know for sure is that Steve will no longer be CEO.

The club really need to bury this. Get the facts out and then let us pick over the bits.
Tiger

But they wont tell us bugger all apart from something like this

Gill has stepped down. Mr X has taken over. No further comment.

The problem they have is that SG was liked by most fans.
Seen as the Saviour and all that.

So they know it will upset people.
TBF once they had made the call they should have followed it with a club statement.

Someone said

time for Ian Fulton to step up, and take control of this rudderless club, before investment and our assets walk away. The club need a massive shot in the arm, and Saturday afternoon is the perfect time to administer it.

THAT IS NOT THE ANSWER
Truth is always best !

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 20 Feb 2018, 16:32

Re Zak situation I guess it wont be too much longer before Wigan announce his capture and if they do then looks like the SG F/up will be confirmed if not then a lot of those in the know will need to 'check' their sources with a BS meter.

I hope it is wrong as I think SG has worked wonders and would like to think if it is then he had nothing but the best intentions of the club he loves.

After all none of us can be perfect all of the time.....

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 20 Feb 2018, 17:22

mart0042 wrote:
Oldcasman wrote:Well I have supported cas tigers From being 15 yrs old in 1955 and I have gone through good times and bad times,but what is happening now must rank as the worst,if this turns out to be true and not just a exaggerated rumour then I will have spent my last money on them and I certainly don't think I will be on my own, this will be hard to do but i am totally sickened off by the way this club is being run.
Are you giving up because of one loss, zh being a dick and a rumour?

Sure your a Cas fan?

Been through lots over my time watching since the late 70s and relegation was much worse. The club being 30 minutes from folding was worse than that.
You cannot question whether I am a cas fan I have been one for more years than I care to remember,and no I am not giving up over one player leaving I am giving up over the way the club has been run and how they treat the fans we had a superb year last year and we should have kicked on from that instead they have shown how inept they are at running the business and reverted back to the good old days of mr wright

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 20 Feb 2018, 17:28

noxandrattles wrote:
Oldcasman wrote:Well I have supported cas tigers From being 15 yrs old in 1955 and I have gone through good times and bad times,but what is happening now must rank as the worst,if this turns out to be true and not just a exaggerated rumour then I will have spent my last money on them and I certainly don't think I will be on my own, this will be hard to do but i am totally sickened off by the way this club is being run.

ffs buy a leeds / fev / any other shirt and be done with
And why pray should I do that ?

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Feb 2018, 07:17

Reading between the lines it appears to me that there is a shareholder that wants to take over the club and control pretty much everything.

If someone is given shares in lieu of an outstanding debt then how can interest be charged on the same debt and how can that debt still be a debt?

It also appeats that these shares may have been issued to prevent other shareholders from forcing any issues out in to the shareholder population.

Not sure how this works so this is why I ask the questions.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 21 Feb 2018, 08:04

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Reading between the lines it appears to me that there is a shareholder that wants to take over the club and control pretty much everything.

If someone is given shares in lieu of an outstanding debt then how can interest be charged on the same debt and how can that debt still be a debt?

It also appeats that these shares may have been issued to prevent other shareholders from forcing any issues out in to the shareholder population.

Not sure how this works so this is why I ask the questions.
DIFFERENT shareholder. The conversion/ payment in Lieu was RW and interest was paid to Fultons.

you say ............

It also appeats that these shares may have been issued to prevent other shareholders from forcing any issues out in to the shareholder population

NOW THAT is bang on the money. CONTROL.
Truth is always best !

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 21 Feb 2018, 09:28

we have had a great few years with Steve at the helm , are finance's are in the black a new stadium is showing signs of being built we have a team of players were anything is possible, he was the man that brought the best coach in the league to the club , IF he is being pushed out where were the pushes when we needed them when we were on our knees on the money front disinterested players and Mildred as coach ???

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 21 Feb 2018, 11:18

Oldcasman wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
Are you giving up because of one loss, zh being a dick and a rumour?

Sure your a Cas fan?

Been through lots over my time watching since the late 70s and relegation was much worse. The club being 30 minutes from folding was worse than that.
You cannot question whether I am a cas fan I have been one for more years than I care to remember,and no I am not giving up over one player leaving I am giving up over the way the club has been run and how they treat the fans we had a superb year last year and we should have kicked on from that instead they have shown how inept they are at running the business and reverted back to the good old days of mr wright
And you still supported Cas through the bad days of old and are these days any different? No, but social media has made it easier for people to moan and pass judgement on something they know little about and believe tittle tattle and pub whispers from people looking to damage our club, either our own or other teams fans.

Once the club tell us, then it's fact, until then adding to the fire and despondency. You'd really not go down the lane if sg left or zh stayed or we don't get a ground with amber seats?

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Feb 2018, 12:59

So which "Fans of our own club" are out to damage the club?

How many "Fans of our own club" just want to know what is going on?

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 21 Feb 2018, 14:18

I do understand where people are coming from regarding damaging/hurting the club. It was mentioned in an earlier post that Nosey Parker gets his info from message boards.
I always feel with Trinity that there are enough people "out there" ready to stick the knife in at the first sign of trouble or unrest without our own fans fanning the flames so to speak.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Feb 2018, 14:44

I think the biggest problem is not so much the rumours - you get that in sport and in any walks of life. I think the biggest issue is that rumours snowball into something more as people add their own spin, hear say, or add 2+2 together and get 55.

Outside of that it's the timing. Had the rumour about Zak appeared in isolation most of us would be sat here probably discussing the merits of the journalism. Ditto, SG we'd probably be sat here questioning why but waiting for a reason and it'd probably be a lot calmer. Instead both have led to some unfair personal comments.

The biggest issue that I believe that if you were reading these forums you'd think we're a club in turmoil, with the whole roof falling in. Yet we have a great coach, an improved set-up and incredibly bright future as people have mentioned. That is what's damaging. Any prospective sponsors may be put off with a fanbase that turns in on itself at every opportunity to bash it.

I also revert back to DP's comments last week about fans panicking and needing to calm down. This forum, for me, has been illustrative proof of that.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Feb 2018, 15:12

I am not panicking or overly concerned about the team and the future. Not out or looking to cause any problems either.

I have always contributed with the best intentions and ask questions around the team, club and coaching staff. Pretty much what I thought everyone did/does.

The only problems that I see are when people question your views/thoughts and make you out to be something you arent and/or say you are wrong.Having said that it is quite funny when these types see you were right and they disappear.
Last edited by Lofthouse Tiger on 21 Feb 2018, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 21 Feb 2018, 15:21

HuddsTigers wrote:I think the biggest problem is not so much the rumours - you get that in sport and in any walks of life. I think the biggest issue is that rumours snowball into something more as people add their own spin, hear say, or add 2+2 together and get 55.

Outside of that it's the timing. Had the rumour about Zak appeared in isolation most of us would be sat here probably discussing the merits of the journalism. Ditto, SG we'd probably be sat here questioning why but waiting for a reason and it'd probably be a lot calmer. Instead both have led to some unfair personal comments.

The biggest issue that I believe that if you were reading these forums you'd think we're a club in turmoil, with the whole roof falling in. Yet we have a great coach, an improved set-up and incredibly bright future as people have mentioned. That is what's damaging. Any prospective sponsors may be put off with a fanbase that turns in on itself at every opportunity to bash it.

I also revert back to DP's comments last week about fans panicking and needing to calm down. This forum, for me, has been illustrative proof of that.
Thankfully this forum only represents a minority of our supporters !! Onwards and upward #COYF

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Feb 2018, 15:30

Correct. I would be amazed if anyone at the club uses this forum as a means of making any decisions regarding any club issues.

The club dont even include the shareholders sometimes so why would they listen to those that post on here?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Feb 2018, 18:26

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Correct. I would be amazed if anyone at the club uses this forum as a means of making any decisions regarding any club issues.

The club dont even include the shareholders sometimes so why would they listen to those that post on here?
Not at the club but what about those OUTSIDE the club.

If you were a prospective sponsor inwardly looking and using this forum as to get a snapshot of your brand, would this forum entice you to invest your money?

I'd like to say yes but I think there are a minority on here who won't stop bashing the club no matter what, and try to get support in their own personal wars.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 21 Feb 2018, 19:05

HuddsTigers wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Correct. I would be amazed if anyone at the club uses this forum as a means of making any decisions regarding any club issues.

If you were a prospective sponsor inwardly looking and using this forum as to get a snapshot of your brand, would this forum entice you to invest your money?

I'd like to say yes but I think there are a minority on here who won't stop bashing the club no matter what, and try to get support in their own personal wars.
Think that's aimed at me!
I through my family were putting money into the club whilst you were in your nappies.
I will not waste time on this theme.

The directors and shareholders are custodians of this Club. They have a duty to preserve and to serve the position of Director.
Its hard work but rewarding but you need to be accountable.

Every time I mention something its a personal war............that's not the case.
I fell out and withdrew our support with Steve and Ian after their refusal to call an AGM.
Eventually I forced one with a couple of other shareholders.

That's the end of it.
They don't need me to make them look daft.
They don't need me to start a rumour

They can do that just fine. Did I get rid of a director in a most inappropriate way?

Anyway the news today is that we have sacked ZH. Not sure what or how I would have voted I suppose i would of tried to recover a few quid by moving him on ( especially ) if the coach didn't want him.

Robbo
Truth is always best !

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Feb 2018, 20:10

I said a minority Robbo. I never said you.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 21 Feb 2018, 21:11

Robbo wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

Think that's aimed at me!
I through my family were putting money into the club whilst you were in your nappies.
I will not waste time on this theme.

The directors and shareholders are custodians of this Club. They have a duty to preserve and to serve the position of Director.
Its hard work but rewarding but you need to be accountable.

Every time I mention something its a personal war............that's not the case.
I fell out and withdrew our support with Steve and Ian after their refusal to call an AGM.
Eventually I forced one with a couple of other shareholders.

That's the end of it.
They don't need me to make them look daft.
They don't need me to start a rumour

They can do that just fine. Did I get rid of a director in a most inappropriate way?

Anyway the news today is that we have sacked ZH. Not sure what or how I would have voted I suppose i would of tried to recover a few quid by moving him on ( especially ) if the coach didn't want him.

Robbo
Spent a lot of tine saying you would not waste time on the theme.
The nappies comment a little undignified don't you think?
As an owner of a small business I do not feel l have to communicate all my decisions to my employees or customers in fact doing so may be to the detrement of it.
So the decision is made please let there be no more blame apportioning .
He's gone the club took a gamble he did play a big part in securing the LLS and Grand Final appearance so on balance he will have covered his cost.
Hope there are no witch hunts childish vendettas
Conversely he may have caused the disharmony which was characteristic of the Rhinos before his departure not dismilar to what we have wittnessed since the epic semi final.
It would be very disappointing if his departure causes long term problems for the players and staff at Cas.
Well lets hope the players remember what they are capable of and put in a terrific performance against Hull.
Can't waitfor Saturday .

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 22 Feb 2018, 01:09

Robbo I’m not 100% sure but even if we have sacked Zak I’m sure we have retained his registration so if he wants to sign for a club they will have to come up with some arrangement for compensation be it cash or player.

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 22 Feb 2018, 06:44

Surely you can't sack a player and keep his registration? That's like me getting the sack but my company stopping me working elsewhere. That can't be right