Steve Gill

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Steve Gill

Post by Max n paddy » 15 Feb 2018, 21:11

I’m hearing Steve Gill has moved aside / stepped down ?

Anyone heard anything ? Hudds ?

Sad if he has.

Not doom and glooming by the way.
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

Johnlewis1920
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Steve Gill

Post by Johnlewis1920 » 15 Feb 2018, 21:21

S Gill has been basically been sacked after a show down at the MAH jungle between the back stabbers SG lost the powers that be will put out the usual thanks what a great job Steve wants to spend time with family but the truth is he has been sacked

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 Feb 2018, 21:25

Johnlewis1920 wrote:S Gill has been basically been sacked after a show down at the MAH jungle between the back stabbers SG lost the powers that be will put out the usual thanks what a great job Steve wants to spend time with family but the truth is he has been sacked

Sacked by who ?

Who’s replacing him IF this is correct ?

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 15 Feb 2018, 21:26

Apparently he is doing the right thing saying .......

If you get me. Something not right !

Real shame

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 15 Feb 2018, 21:31

so is this what the poor start to the season is about ie turmoil within, very disappointing if true, one step forward & 4 steps back ](*,)

swede
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by swede » 15 Feb 2018, 21:33

Max n paddy wrote:I’m hearing Steve Gill has moved aside / stepped down ?

Sad if he has.

He was at the game on Sunday. I spoke to him.
Cas Till I Die

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 15 Feb 2018, 21:38

swede wrote:
Max n paddy wrote:I’m hearing Steve Gill has moved aside / stepped down ?

Sad if he has.

He was at the game on Sunday. I spoke to him.

I suppose all will become clear over time.

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 15 Feb 2018, 21:58

Max n paddy wrote:Apparently he is doing the right thing saying .......

If you get me. Something not right !

Real shame
No, don't get you at all.

If you're going to say something, try not doing it in riddles!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Feb 2018, 21:59

Not heard anything, sorry. Be a real shame if he has. Steve is a great money, part of the fabric of Castleford Tigers and a big part of our club.

A Castleford Tigers without Steve in any capacity would be a poorer place for it. I consider him a good friend and a good man.

That being said, I would be very surprised if he has been sacked. Pretty sure the BoD is made up of his own close, personal friends and associates.

Given all the stirring and tosh rumours in the last few weeks it wouldn’t surprise me if this was another to add to the pile too.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 15 Feb 2018, 22:06

HuddsTigers wrote:Not heard anything, sorry. Be a real shame if he has. Steve is a great money, part of the fabric of Castleford Tigers and a big part of our club.

A Castleford Tigers without Steve in any capacity would be a poorer place for it. I consider him a good friend and a good man.

That being said, I would be very surprised if he has been sacked. Pretty sure the BoD is made up of his own close, personal friends and associates.

Given all the stirring and tosh rumours in the last few weeks it wouldn’t surprise me if this was another to add to the pile too.

Evening, perhaps you could drop him a line.

Just a yes or no to have you stepped down would be nice.

From the horses mouth so to speak

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 15 Feb 2018, 22:09

HuddsTigers wrote:Not heard anything, sorry. Be a real shame if he has. Steve is a great money, part of the fabric of Castleford Tigers and a big part of our club.

Almost certain it's true

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 15 Feb 2018, 22:12

old cas lass wrote:
Johnlewis1920 wrote:S Gill has been basically been sacked after a show down at the MAH jungle between the back stabbers SG lost the powers that be will put out the usual thanks what a great job Steve wants to spend time with family but the truth is he has been sacked

Sacked by who ?

Gratton

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Feb 2018, 22:14

I would also add that Steve Gill was appointed as a Director in January last year.

I’m pretty certain that the only people that can remove someone from the BoD are the Shareholders at the AGM. Therefore, Steve will still be a part of the club regardless unless the Fultons vote him off.

I’d say it’s more likely that he would step down of his own volition and even then only in the event that he felt he could no longer do the job due to personal circumstances, or when he no longer had the support of his peers. He seems the sort of person to do everything on his own terms when it’s right.
Last edited by HuddsTigers on 15 Feb 2018, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Feb 2018, 22:15

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

Sacked by who ?

Gratton
Doesn’t have the power seeing as they’re both Directors of the club. It would have to be a decision for the whole BoD.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Feb 2018, 22:23

Max n paddy wrote:

With all due respect, it isn’t my place to approach him unsolicited like that about what could be such a sensitive issue. It would be grossly unfair. In any event, I doubt he could say much and I would also respect his personal space. After the years of work he’s put into the club, often sacrificing family time, I think he would deserve a break from all the crap, not least constantly having to quash hundreds of rubbish rumours week in, week out.

If he’s stepped down it will come out in the wash and in his own time. If he hasn’t then I’d suggest people stop making rubbish up. Stupid rumours like this only serve to damage the club.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 15 Feb 2018, 22:24

HuddsTigers wrote:
RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

Sacked by who ?

Gratton
Doesn’t have the power seeing as they’re both Directors of the club. It would have to be a decision for the whole BoD.
Not sacked by Gratton. Replaced by.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 15 Feb 2018, 22:40

HuddsTigers wrote:
Max n paddy wrote:

With all due respect, it isn’t my place to approach him unsolicited like that about what could be such a sensitive issue. It would be grossly unfair. In any event, I doubt he could say much and I would also respect his personal space. After the years of work he’s put into the club, often sacrificing family time, I think he would deserve a break from all the crap, not least constantly having to quash hundreds of rubbish rumours week in, week out.

If he’s stepped down it will come out in the wash and in his own time. If he hasn’t then I’d suggest people stop making rubbish up. Stupid rumours like this only serve to damage the club.

Never seen so much contradiction in a statement.....

Sorry ! I suppose it’s nothing to do with us , I for one is concerned about things at the moment following the best season I’ve seen in fourty odd year !

Thought we had some stability at last.

Apologies again :(

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Feb 2018, 22:46

I wasn’t having a go at you but the whole thread. Sorry if you felt i was firing all guns at you - not the case. Me pestering a bloke to ask him if he’s been fired? Just think how emotionally tactless that could be. If it has no truth, I’m sure it will come out one way or another on to this forum.

Of course we as fans should know about any change of who is in charge of the club but the club will come out and say it if there’s anything to say. As with any other stories. People are also very good at making stuff up in Cas, particularly when things don’t go as planned. What will be, will be and until anything comes to pass, the best course of action is to continue as if everything is unchanged. People like to rock the boat - I’ve learned that about Cas. There’s a lot of people who make up rumours to pretend to be in the know. There’s also some knowledgeable people who are in the know and rumours that do have truth.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Feb 2018, 22:57

I put up a couple of things id heard last week wether that was cause from him to step down i dont know , id be amazed if hed ever be sacked all the good hes done for the club and not just allowed to leave on good terms
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 15 Feb 2018, 23:00

HuddsTigers wrote:I wasn’t having a go at you but the whole thread. Sorry if you felt i was firing all guns at you - not the case. Me pestering a bloke to ask him if he’s been fired? Just think how emotionally tactless that could be. If it has no truth, I’m sure it will come out one way or another on to this forum.

Of course we as fans should know about any change of who is in charge of the club but the club will come out and say it if there’s anything to say. As with any other stories. People are also very good at making stuff up in Cas, particularly when things don’t go as planned. What will be, will be and until anything comes to pass, the best course of action is to continue as if everything is unchanged. People like to rock the boat - I’ve learned that about Cas. There’s a lot of people who make up rumours to pretend to be in the know. There’s also some knowledgeable people who are in the know and rumours that do have truth.

So the truth would be nice, and getting to know like how the youth coach left for a , dare I say it , a rival team if we truly think we’re as good as last season, just isn’t right.

Let’s Wait n see if it’s rubbish, hope the guys alright if it’s not.