Catalans away game

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
johnnya

Catalans away game

Post by johnnya » 18 Feb 2018, 16:00

Are there any official trips that the club are promoting? We are thinking about going but not just to the game and straight back home. Can anyone recommend a package which they have been on?

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Catalans away game

Post by Nu Shooze » 18 Feb 2018, 16:48

johnnya wrote:Are there any official trips that the club are promoting? We are thinking about going but not just to the game and straight back home. Can anyone recommend a package which they have been on?
Much better and far cheaper to arrange your own.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 18 Feb 2018, 18:31

johnnya wrote:Are there any official trips that the club are promoting? We are thinking about going but not just to the game and straight back home. Can anyone recommend a package which they have been on?
Book your own hotel and flights. Ryanair, jet 2 etc.... For cheapest.

Then go to Catalan sport tours for your transfers and match tickets. They are perfect and easy to use. Will pick you up from airport to hotel and back as well as to and from match.

Will work out plenty cheaper than a package.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 18 Feb 2018, 21:29

If you want to make a week of it, fly to girona or barcelona, stay on the costa brava (lloret, tossa or malgrat de mar) and arrange your own transport to perpignan as in the know put (less than 2 hours). Plenty of british style nightlife and eating out and drinks half the price that you'd pay in france. Plus beaches.
I do the Catalan away game every year, for me it's a 5 hour drive to Girona where I stay with friends, then on to Perpignan where I watch the game then overnight at Narbonne Plage, bit further up the road but again staying with friends. (The joys of 20 years living abroad). France is ok but pricey if you are thinking of making a holiday of it, normal price is about 6€ for half a litre of beer and 25€ for a reasonable meal. On the costa brava you pay about 3€ for lager, 4€ for bitter or cider and can eat out for a tenner or so. Depends what you want out of it but most Cas fans seem to do a long weekend in Lloret de Mar from my experience. Easy to sort out online as well. Whatever you decide hope you enjoy the experience. A word of caution, we usually get a hiding. That said I love it, I've watched games in Perpignan, Carcassonne and Barcelona and will probably do the cappers away at Toulouse this year as well.

DurhamCas

Post by DurhamCas » 19 Feb 2018, 00:00

Last year we flew to carcassonne a night there, train to perpignan, cpl nights and the match then to Colluirre, a small French resort before train back to carcassonne, great trip and experience but was pricey

johnnya

Post by johnnya » 19 Feb 2018, 15:01

Thanks to all of you who have responded. Some very sound advice, with the bonus being that Catalans' former home form seems to have dissipated. Johnnya

topper1208

Post by topper1208 » 22 Feb 2018, 00:38

company

There is a fella based in LLoret de mar who runs trips up to the games. He picks you up from the Hotel / airport etc and then returns to hotel. I will get my pal who has used him to post details on here asap