Zak Hardaker

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Zak Hardaker

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Mar 2018, 14:53

HuddsTigers wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Interesting that there was a note in the RL paper this morning stating that http://www.bishopg.ac.uk/about/governan ... rocedures/..
Yep. All comes down to who made the first breach of contract.
In this case, it seems clear it was Hardaker as taking a banned substance would clearly be a breach of his contract.
There are a few problems though:
1. Does he have any money?
2. Can we prove his breach of contract cost us money? To win an ET you need to prove actual financial loss. It could be argued that we have actually financially gained as we don’t need to pay him any more. IF he signs elsewhere
3. We can’t sue his future club. I doubt we have any claim that another club has induced him into breaching his contract.

He’s probably in breach of contract, but I can’t see us getting anything.
Jon Wells does have a good knowledge of this kind of thing though..,,,

The piece was saying his new club would be payable, presumably through any future contract he has. Eg if he gets paid £50k a year, we will look to take money from that income until the appropriate fee is paid.
I’ve not read the article, but I don’t think there is any way we could take any new club to court. You can’t dismiss someone and then take any future employer to court I’m afraid. Completely different to the Solomona case when there was evidence he was induced to breach his contract.
Any claim against Hardaker would normally need to be made within three months of the end of his dismissal. As such, it would be unlikely we could take him to court if he signs for another club unless he does so very quickly.
You wouldn't be taking the club to court, you'd be taking Hardaker to court and suing him for the cost of the transfer fee and compensation against any future earnings.

So we could sue Hardaker for say £200k, of which is payable to the club in a repayment plan across the term of his next contract and future earnings (presumably), e.g. if it finds in our favour Hardaker would have to pay us £10k per month for the next 20 months for example.
But you said “there's a legal precedence for us to sue for a breach of contract and ensure that a transfer fee plus compensation is payable from his new club.....”. I pointed out this wasn’t likely.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 13 Mar 2018, 14:53

nottinghamtiger wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:On 100k a year and can’t afford a house? I very much doubt it even with expensive holidays and clothes
He might be on 100k a year, but after tax that will be approx 65k.
He also won’t have always been on that kind of salary.
Even on that level of income, it would be difficult to save enough cash to buy a property outright, even in Featherstone.
Particularly when you are spending lots of it living the life of a high-end banker (note the rhyming slang there).
He also has the mentality of a small child. I doubt saving for the future has even occurred to him yet.
When at the rhinos they work with a heavy bonus scheme, did he win 5 titles and 2 challenge cups as well as a world club Challenge and a MoS. Part of the transfer fee paid will have also gone to him. Leeds allow players to be self employed and advise them to have image rights so they get money every time their image is used the get royalties. He will have been taking home more than 100k fo the last how many years I don’t know.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Mar 2018, 14:57

TT Tiger wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:On 100k a year and can’t afford a house? I very much doubt it even with expensive holidays and clothes
He might be on 100k a year, but after tax that will be approx 65k.
He also won’t have always been on that kind of salary.
Even on that level of income, it would be difficult to save enough cash to buy a property outright, even in Featherstone.
Particularly when you are spending lots of it living the life of a high-end banker (note the rhyming slang there).
He also has the mentality of a small child. I doubt saving for the future has even occurred to him yet.
When at the rhinos they work with a heavy bonus scheme, did he win 5 titles and 2 challenge cups as well as a world club Challenge and a MoS. Part of the transfer fee paid will have also gone to him. Leeds allow players to be self employed and advise them to have image rights so they get money every time their image is used the get royalties. He will have been taking home more than 100k fo the last how many years I don’t know.
Leeds won’t work on massive bonuses as they are counted within the salary cap.
Even part of his transfer fee won’t buy a house.
I’ve not seen his image on anything that isn’t club related, and they won’t pay him image rights! His image is hardy one most companies would want to be associated with anyway.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Mar 2018, 18:33

nottinghamtiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
The piece was saying his new club would be payable, presumably through any future contract he has. Eg if he gets paid £50k a year, we will look to take money from that income until the appropriate fee is paid.
I’ve not read the article, but I don’t think there is any way we could take any new club to court. You can’t dismiss someone and then take any future employer to court I’m afraid. Completely different to the Solomona case when there was evidence he was induced to breach his contract.
Any claim against Hardaker would normally need to be made within three months of the end of his dismissal. As such, it would be unlikely we could take him to court if he signs for another club unless he does so very quickly.
You wouldn't be taking the club to court, you'd be taking Hardaker to court and suing him for the cost of the transfer fee and compensation against any future earnings.

So we could sue Hardaker for say £200k, of which is payable to the club in a repayment plan across the term of his next contract and future earnings (presumably), e.g. if it finds in our favour Hardaker would have to pay us £10k per month for the next 20 months for example.
But you said “there's a legal precedence for us to sue for a breach of contract and ensure that a transfer fee plus compensation is payable from his new club.....”. I pointed out this wasn’t likely.
And I've clarified what that means - his new club will be paying him. Ergo, the money will come from them via Hardaker's salary. Does that make sense now?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 13 Mar 2018, 18:34

And I've clarified what that means - his new club will be paying him. Ergo, the money will come from them via Hardaker's salary. Does that make sense now?
so Hudds, do you think we will recoup some of our losses?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Mar 2018, 18:39

yorky wrote:
so Hudds, do you think we will recoup some of our losses?
I don't know. First of all, that info needs to be true and secondly we need to win the court case. As with Solomona, there's no guarantee we would or we'd get back what we want.

Also depends on the club and if they do do that!
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 13 Mar 2018, 18:39

thanks Hudds.