Has Cas RLFC lost Integrity

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Has Cas RLFC lost Integrity

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Feb 2018, 19:06

Robbo wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:People need to realise there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes. It's not as easy as the club coming out with the statement, and let's face it, no one would believe them anyway. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

However, in any circumstances such as this there's a lot of legal and HR processes to go through. It's not always as easy as being black and white. The club will release a statement at an appropriate time and when there's something to announce.
Circumstances such as what HUDD?

Looking more and more as if Steve`s been pushed ,but maybe still has a fight in him.
Disputes happen but this is a massive split mate. Doubtful there is a way back for those that Pushed!

Robbo
Hardaker's drugs ban. You can't just fire someone, nor do you just decide overnight what to do. You have a contractual duty yourself to fulfil and legal and HR processes follow including internal investigations, hearings, attending meetings and appeals. All sorts.

On SG, despite people saying it has happened there's still no shred of evidence to support this. His name is still on the website and until a statement comes out, it's treated as nothing more than a spurious rumour. And even if there is, again, you can't just fire him without good reason to, especially since he's part of the BoD himself. There's numerous legal reasons, processes and protocols to be followed.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Feb 2018, 19:34

Sick of the bloody lot of it people should remember its there duty to serve the club and more important the supporters long suffering on many occasions down the years at cas but who always turn up in big numbers to follow there team
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 20 Feb 2018, 19:44

Robbo wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:People need to realise there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes. It's not as easy as the club coming out with the statement, and let's face it, no one would believe them anyway. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

However, in any circumstances such as this there's a lot of legal and HR processes to go through. It's not always as easy as being black and white. The club will release a statement at an appropriate time and when there's something to announce.

Looking more and more as if Steve`s been pushed ,but maybe still has a fight in him.
Disputes happen but this is a massive split mate. Doubtful there is a way back for those that Pushed!

Robbo
Pushed for what reason ?

Wanting zak out or getting rid of him or something else?

Im pretty sure he wont on his own have the power to sac a player without the bod and coach having a say or knowing about it.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 20 Feb 2018, 19:57

HuddsTigers wrote:
Robbo wrote:

Robbo
Hardaker's drugs ban. You can't just fire someone, nor do you just decide overnight what to do. You have a contractual duty yourself to fulfil and legal and HR processes follow including internal investigations, hearings, attending meetings and appeals. All sorts.

On SG, despite people saying it has happened there's still no shred of evidence to support this. His name is still on the website and until a statement comes out, it's treated as nothing more than a spurious rumour. And even if there is, again, you can't just fire him without good reason to, especially since he's part of the BoD himself. There's numerous legal reasons, processes and protocols to be followed.
I have never suggested ZH has been or should be fired however as a club I would have been knocking the door down to get this case held.
JUST WHAT IS THE DELAY?

Did the club just fire Terry Cheesebourgh a Director? No hearing for him. No processes then were there?

Again I never said (Steve was ) he was fired.
Sorry Hudd but you made excuses up for years when it suits.
Its simple its a shambles.................going to ask you one more thing to prove what I say.
Have you got or seen the accounts?
Please tell me ,tell us all how much MAH paid Cas Tigers last year for Stadium naming right, a Box, and numerous boards around the ground.
The figure is there as its related party disclosure.

Robbo
Truth is always best !

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 20 Feb 2018, 20:09

Robbo wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Robbo wrote:

Robbo

I have never suggested ZH has been or should be fired however as a club I would have been knocking the door down to get this case held.
JUST WHAT IS THE DELAY?

Did the club just fire Terry Cheesebourgh a Director? No hearing for him. No processes then were there?

Again I never said (Steve was ) he was fired.
Sorry Hudd but you made excuses up for years when it suits.
Its simple its a shambles.................going to ask you one more thing to prove what I say.
Have you got or seen the accounts?
Please tell me ,tell us all how much MAH paid Cas Tigers last year for Stadium naming right, a Box, and numerous boards around the ground.
The figure is there as its related party disclosure.

Robbo
Guessing the staduim sponsorship is low? At least we are rumoured to be promoting our Commercial Director....

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Feb 2018, 20:11

I never said you said any of that Robbo. I was making a point about why the club will delay things and not make frivolous announcements.

I can’t comment on anyone else’s circumstances as I wasn’t party to those conversations, nor have I heard both sides to make a fair judgement on them.

I don’t know why you’ve brought up the accounts - it’s neither here nor there. I have already mentioned about corporates on another thread, where I’ve said we shouldn’t stop selling or looking to upgrade what we have. However, I put it back to you as to how much Mend-a-hose have spent on CTRLFC keeping Wheldon Road up to scratch. Was it them that helped do all the new floodlights? Let’s factor that in!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Feb 2018, 20:12

PS, I did say you can’t just fire someone without good reason to. If there’s enough evidence to fire someone and a valid reason to then of course you can. But even then I’d assume there’s specific protocols to follow.

dancas88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dancas88 » 20 Feb 2018, 20:25

KB80 wrote:Its commonly known what cocaine does. Its a banned substance as it can be used as a stimulant but would have to be taking immediately prior to a game to provide any (pretty questionable) benefits.

Its commonly used socially (Zac certainly did), much less commonly used as a performance enhancer as it's simply not that effective and any benefits would be minimal.

And considering the effects of cocaine only lasts for around half an hour he would have to have been leaving the pitch during to top up

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 20 Feb 2018, 20:28

Robbo wrote:

Robbo
Exactly Robbo. Exactly.
Audacter Et Sincere

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 20 Feb 2018, 20:35

HT you're a slippery customer :lol:

100% you are always trying to subtly micro guide conversation(s) into favourable places for whomever you know or are friends with on the bod....
Audacter Et Sincere

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 20 Feb 2018, 20:35

HuddsTigers wrote:I never said you said any of that Robbo. I was making a point about why the club will delay things and not make frivolous announcements.

I can’t comment on anyone else’s circumstances as I wasn’t party to those conversations, nor have I heard both sides to make a fair judgement on them.

I don’t know why you’ve brought up the accounts - it’s neither here nor there. I have already mentioned about corporates on another thread, where I’ve said we shouldn’t stop selling or looking to upgrade what we have. However, I put it back to you as to how much Mend-a-hose have spent on CTRLFC keeping Wheldon Road up to scratch. Was it them that helped do all the new floodlights? Let’s factor that in!
CBR engineering contributed to the floodlights, not MAH

MY CLUB. MY CAS

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Feb 2018, 20:40

Mysterio wrote:HT you're a slippery customer :lol:

100% you are always trying to subtly micro guide conversation(s) into favourable places for whomever you know or are friends with on the bod....
It has nothing to do with that. SG and the BoD know that I will give them my opinions positive or negative. My preference is to do that direct to them, though, then I can get answers than post on here looking to garner support. I trust their confidences too. I have no reason to protect them in any way and I’ll make it clear nor have they expected me to. I choose to wait until I have facts before knocking them.

I will always post in a way that is balanced and looks at both sides. Treat people with respect and they give you it back. I respect Robbo’s opinions, I respect everyone else’s on here. We all want a successful CTRLFC. But I don’t agree with shafting people from behind with a rusty barge pole and especially slagging off the club left, right and centre without any facts or credence.

Could anyone else do a better job? Possibly. Could anyone do a worse job. Definitely. I will always say if you think if anyone can do a better job, put yourself forward to the club, bring your expertise on board or front up some cash and buy out the shareholders.

It seems some people are only happy on here if everyone is slagging off the club and finding something to whinge about. It’s completely unsurprising that this microcosm of negativity was practically non-existent last season when everything was going well and everyone thought the sun shined out the back sides of the BoD. Now we have gone full hypocritical full circle where some believe the BoD is totally incompetent and couldn’t manage a pee up in the proverbial.

Nobody is perfect. But the club is a small club with finite resources and they have done bloody well to achieve what they have. We don’t know what the situation with SG is, we don’t know what the situation with ZH is. But The Sun is hardly the beacon of accuracy when it comes to news stories, so I’d take what they say with a pinch at this moment. As for SG, rumours do spread easily around Cas and while they may be accurate, again nothing has changed since last September or last month in that regard, as it stands.
Last edited by HuddsTigers on 20 Feb 2018, 20:49, edited 1 time in total.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Feb 2018, 20:47

Casmania wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:I never said you said any of that Robbo. I was making a point about why the club will delay things and not make frivolous announcements.

Cheers CM. Do you know if MAH have contributed anything to the stadium?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Feb 2018, 20:52

HuddsTigers wrote:
Mysterio wrote:HT you're a slippery customer :lol:

It has nothing to do with that. SG and the BoD know that I will give them my opinions positive or negative. My preference is to do that direct to them, though, then I can get answers than post on here looking to garner support. I trust their confidences too. I have no reason to protect them in any way and I’ll make it clear nor have they expected me to. I choose to wait until I have facts before knocking them.

I will always post in a way that is balanced and looks at both sides. Treat people with respect and they give you it back. I respect Robbo’s opinions, I respect everyone else’s on here. We all want a successful CTRLFC. But I don’t agree with shafting people from behind with a rusty barge pole and especially slagging off the club left, right and centre without any facts or credence.

Could anyone else do a better job? Possibly. Could anyone do a worse job. Definitely. I will always say if you think if anyone can do a better job, put yourself forward to the club, bring your expertise on board or front up some cash and buy out the shareholders.

It seems some people are only happy on here if everyone is slagging off the club and finding something to whinge about. It’s completely unsurprising that this microcosm of negativity was practically non-existent last season when everything was going well and everyone thought the sun shined out the back sides of the BoD. Now we have gone full hypocritical full circle where some believe the BoD is totally incompetent and couldn’t manage a pee up in the proverbial.

Nobody is perfect. But the club is a small club with finite resources and they have done bloody well to achieve what they have. We don’t know what the situation with SG is, we don’t know what the situation with ZH is. But The Sun is hardly the beacon of accuracy when it comes to news stories, so I’d take what they say with a pinch at this moment. As for SG, rumours do spread easily around Cas and while they may be accurate, again nothing has changed since last September or last month in that regard, as it stands.
You must know what the situation is with hardaker you must know what the situation is with gill , if you choose not to say owt fine thats up to you
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Feb 2018, 20:58

I have absolutely no clue, which is why I’m being so defensive and not letting emotion take over anything until I have facts. I’ve not spoken to Steve for a month or so. In fact, I think the last time I saw him was the pre-season friendly against Leeds.

In reality, the club isn’t going to tell me, like anyone else on here, anything that’s of a delicate or sensitive nature simply because you just wouldnt. I’m in the same boat as you guys in not knowing what’s going on or how much credence the rumours have.

But I’d rather keep my powder dry and then make a judgement when more, if anything comes out. I do think the disappointing early season form and worries have exacerbated things tenfold to be honest.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 20 Feb 2018, 20:59

HuddsTigers wrote:
Casmania wrote:

Nothing directly or indirectly to the stadium.

The naming rights etc figure can be found in the company accounts as Robbo has already alluded to.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Feb 2018, 21:02

Casmania wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Casmania wrote:

Nothing directly or indirectly to the stadium.

The naming rights etc figure can be found in the company accounts as Robbo has already alluded to.
Fair enough. Cheers CM. Must have got them mixed up with CBR. Was pretty sure Mend-a-hose had done something ground related but hey ho.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Feb 2018, 21:04

HuddsTigers wrote:I have absolutely no clue, which is why I’m being so defensive and not letting emotion take over anything until I have facts. I’ve not spoken to Steve for a month or so. In fact, I think the last time I saw him was the pre-season friendly against Leeds.

In reality, the club isn’t going to tell me, like anyone else on here, anything that’s of a delicate or sensitive nature simply because you just wouldnt. I’m in the same boat as you guys in not knowing what’s going on or how much credence the rumours have.

But I’d rather keep my powder dry and then make a judgement when more, if anything comes out. I do think the disappointing early season form and worries have exacerbated things tenfold to be honest.
Yeah ok thats fair enough thought you may have heard something
Vince Lombardi

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 20 Feb 2018, 21:33

if every time fans wanted a club statement on this that or other nothing would never get done
i,m sure when there is something to say they will come out and say it ,just support the lads who take to the field
and wait for any statements please

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Feb 2018, 07:27

I can agree to a point in what you say but when any "issues" are directly causing detriment to the team then surely they need addressing quickly?

These issues then become talking points, for want of a better phrase, amongst fans and then it seems this impacts on the players and their attitude, approach and or performance.

If the club remain silent this will increase over time. If there are no such issues then surely the club would dismiss them to clear things up quickly to avoid further problems.

If there are "issues" then the longer the club remain silent the worse things become?

It can only be one or the other, cant it?