Has it just clicked?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Has it just clicked?

Post by TT Tiger » 24 Feb 2018, 18:14

I really hope so.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Has it just clicked?

Post by old cas lass » 24 Feb 2018, 18:31

TT Tiger wrote:I really hope so.
You know, I really think so.

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 24 Feb 2018, 18:43

Hope to god all the bedwetters have put fresh linen on and can move forward. The negativity has been embarrassing for a team that has more than earned the right for some patience.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 24 Feb 2018, 18:54

We have always been pretty good at home. Big test will be to back it up on Thursday night in a game we should win if we want to be a top 4 team.

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 24 Feb 2018, 19:04

We are a top 4 team, we won the league by a record margin. It's up to other teams to knock us off our perch. A lot of paranoid fans with small team mentality. The confidence was shot to bits from the GF and Saints made the most of it. You can see the belief coming back slowly and we need to back them when the chips are down not just when all is rosy.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 24 Feb 2018, 19:10

Dixie D wrote:We are a top 4 team, we won the league by a record margin. It's up to other teams to knock us off our perch. A lot of paranoid fans with small team mentality. The confidence was shot to bits from the GF and Saints made the most of it. You can see the belief coming back slowly and we need to back them when the chips are down not just when all is rosy.
I meant come the end of the year. Its OK saying we are a top 4 team off last year's results. This is a different season. If we want to be a top 4 team come the end of the CURRENT season. We must win games like Hull KR away.

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 24 Feb 2018, 19:26

These players have nothing to prove to us. They have no divine right to be top 4 this season but they dont need to prove themselves to us again. They deserve backing to the hilt as one of the best Cas sides we have ever seen.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 25 Feb 2018, 00:56

And just as the "bedwetters" come out when we lose, the rose tinted brigade come out when we win.

I've just watched my recording of the game and that was a solid performance but far from spectacular. Some vefry poor defence amongst the good wit Roberts' try saver the highlight.

There's signs of hope and some confidence returning but still some way to go but that's what the full season is for. Onwards and upwards...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 25 Feb 2018, 09:18

After our awful display at St Helens a game most thought we would loose, we have picked up 4 points out of the 6 on offer not bad for a team that's not quite firing as yet, i was glad to see Junior taking them on showing a bit of the form we all know he is capable of, It looks like we will need replacements next Thursday for Wardle and Eden who would you play??

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Feb 2018, 09:21

gateman wrote:After our awful display at St Helens a game most thought we would loose, we have picked up 4 points out of the 6 on offer not bad for a team that's not quite firing as yet, i was glad to see Junior taking them on showing a bit of the form we all know he is capable of, It looks like we will need replacements next Thursday for Wardle and Eden who would you play??

Jy will/should slot into Eden s wing spot.
I’d bring cook back in, move foster to either bench or start him 2nd row.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Feb 2018, 09:41

It seems the confidence is a bit fragile losing the final must have been a hammer blow..one good move one bit of good play yesterday and the team started to buzz again
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Feb 2018, 10:43

gateman wrote:After our awful display at St Helens a game most thought we would loose, we have picked up 4 points out of the 6 on offer not bad for a team that's not quite firing as yet, i was glad to see Junior taking them on showing a bit of the form we all know he is capable of, It looks like we will need replacements next Thursday for Wardle and Eden who would you play??

To be fair, after how we played I’d be quite tempted to keep Shenton on the wing. He started out there for us as a kid and finished well and we looked more dangerous with Wardle/Foster in the centre.

That being said by the time the next game rolls around all our loanees will be eligible for recall so potentially an opportunity for Mr Lo to come in and show us what he can do.

As for Wardle, we have Green, Cook and Mitch Clark who can all come in on the bench.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 25 Feb 2018, 12:09

Great to see more positive comments now coming in and specific mentions on players playing well. No one seems to have mentioned Millington though which I thought he had an immense game also and made a fantastic break down the middle.

I'd leave Shenton on the wing as he looked immense there apart from his miss on retrieving the ball to score - him and Wardle operating on that edge would send shivers down any opposition and move Minikin with Eden on the other edge as Minikin for me will make a great centre as he seems to have some strength to ride tackles. Gale and Ellis look immense as a partnership with both being able to create the option to make the play either side of the field which would keep the opposition guessing more as they were telegraphing Gale later last season hence where we didn't score as many points in becoming one dimensional once they had worked out what we did.

JSL had a solid performance and Meeks also did but like some said, he needs to brush up on his defensive skills as he is suspect at times.

One thing I can say is that we have a lot of choice going forward when you consider who didn't get a game yesterday which we look better prepared than last season - DP I think has recruited well for you doubters out there as Ellis demonstrated and proved yesterday and DP will get the rest knocked into shape to fit in to the team work ethic.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 25 Feb 2018, 12:44

Whats wrong with Wardle already/again?

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 25 Feb 2018, 12:44

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Whats wrong with Wardle already/again?
Hamstring
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 25 Feb 2018, 14:31

CasRus wrote: No one seems to have mentioned Millington though which I thought he had an immense game also and made a fantastic break down the middle.
Agreed, he was fantastic yesterday. The issue with Millington is that we have come to expect it from him as he rarely has a bad game and is Mr Dependable, so he doesn't always get the praise he deserves as we take it for granted that he will be good

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 25 Feb 2018, 14:32

He was quality yesterday. Well played Millo.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 25 Feb 2018, 14:49

Yesterday was a step in the right direction , still don't look fluent but hopefully that will come more Roberts plays at full back.
Defence still scratchy and we will need it to be a whole lot better to cover for Roberts handling mistakes from time to time to keep the confidence running throughout the side.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 25 Feb 2018, 15:04

Much happier with the effort from the team yesterday. Still a bit to do but going in the right direction. Wont be many teams beat Hull this year.

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 25 Feb 2018, 22:03

Must agree about milo he is the most underrated and the best forward we have, I gave him the mom Saturday wish we had 5 more like him well done milo keep it up