Local derby...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Local derby...

Post by SuffolkTiger » 24 Feb 2018, 23:43

WT have recruited well and started the season impressively.

We meet in 5 weeks

Hypothetically, how many of their first choice XVII would you see as good enough to be a regular in ours and at the expense of who?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Local derby...

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Feb 2018, 23:48

It’s bizarre. I look down their teamsheet and probably wouldn’t choose any of their 17 in ours. They have done a great job with average players, following the path we have taken so credit to Chester with that. I’d take a few over our squad players like Fifita over Springer for example, Johnstone over Hitchcox.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Feb 2018, 23:53

Wouldnt you have johnstone and fifita in your 17 , i think johnstone will end up in the nrl thats saying summat with the quality wingers they got over there i know but i think hes a super player myself
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 24 Feb 2018, 23:54

Fifita is just the kind of prop we need. As is Pauli Pauli.
Johnstone would walk into Minikin’s spot (not a dig at Minikin, who I think will make a great centre when Webster retires, if he ever does)!
Grix has been playing well at full-back. In fact, I’d take Ben Jones-Bishop there too over any of the option we have.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 25 Feb 2018, 02:43

HuddsTigers wrote:It’s bizarre. I look down their teamsheet and probably wouldn’t choose any of their 17 in ours. They have done a great job with average players, following the path we have taken so credit to Chester with that. I’d take a few over our squad players like Fifita over Springer for example, Johnstone over Hitchcox.
Make your mind up Hudds, you wouldn't take any of ours over yours, apart from Fifita (who Cas tried to sign) and Johnstone (who I believe any SL coach would have.) Would you take Grix or Jowett over Roberts?

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 25 Feb 2018, 09:11

I predicted Wakey to have a great season before the first ball was kicked. There pack is huge which always helps and they have pace out wide with BJJ and Johnstone.
Really like the look of their team and I honestly see them fighting us and others for that top 4 spot.

They have had a pretty easy start though so the real test won't begin til week 5 when they play Wigan.
A start of Hull KR, Salford and Catalan doesn't tell the full story.

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 25 Feb 2018, 10:32

HuddsTigers wrote:It’s bizarre. I look down their teamsheet and probably wouldn’t choose any of their 17 in ours. They have done a great job with average players, following the path we have taken so credit to Chester with that. I’d take a few over our squad players like Fifita over Springer for example, Johnstone over Hitchcox.
Both would walk into our starting line up

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Feb 2018, 10:46

JIN JER wrote:
Make your mind up Hudds, you wouldn't take any of ours over yours, apart from Fifita (who Cas tried to sign) and Johnstone (who I believe any SL coach would have.) Would you take Grix or Jowett over Roberts?
If you read I said over our starting 17. I would with our squad players, hence why I said Springer and Hitchcox.

As much as Roberts is taking time to adjust, I still rate him as a better player than Grix and Jowett is a young kid who hasn’t played enough to make a judgement on.

Fifita is good but I’d still have Millo, Cook, JSL and Moors for me.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 25 Feb 2018, 11:54

JIN JER wrote:
Johnstone is quality. I don't rate Jowett. Would take any prop to be honest as we are short amd I would love to rrplace Springer with someone (except Keegan Hirst as he is absolte trash). Fifita is a lazy sod and liability at times but I would put him in our team at minute. Grix is experienced but would rather have BJB at fb at Cas. Man for man I think there are not many I would swap though.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 25 Feb 2018, 12:16

I'd take Grix or BJB to play full back. Johnstone on the wing, Fifita and or Pauli Paul at prop. All without a shade of doubt.

Wakey don't look a bad side, but based on narrow wins against Hudds, Salford and Catalans I'm not sure their early season form has been as good as is been suggested. Not sure their form is any better than ours based on the teams we've played.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 25 Feb 2018, 12:20

Mcmeeken for BJB or Fifita anyone? :hand:
Audacter Et Sincere

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 25 Feb 2018, 12:34

Would definitely take Pauli, Fifita and Johnstone and probably take any of Jowitt, Grix or BJB to play full back. Also a big fan of Tupou but Shenton and Webbo just edge it for me.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 25 Feb 2018, 13:43

Wakefield have a good balance in the squad. Steer clear of major injuries and they could sneak a top 4 or even a Wembley visit. Not been there since Eddie Waring held the mic for the BBC :shock:

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 25 Feb 2018, 13:55

Can I just ask everyone who is raving about Pauli Pauli - how many games have you ever seen him play?? Or are you all just falling for the usual slaver from Sky?. As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on him, seen him twice in Sky games and he has been dreadful in both games - he looks more unfit than me at 54.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 25 Feb 2018, 13:59

Agree with that. The Sky team are very very poor Wells apart and they rarely come up with anything that isnt obvious or plain bulling up of poor players/teams.

McDermott and O'Connor are embarrassing and try to be funny with everything they say.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 25 Feb 2018, 14:40

Wakefield are looking really good and fluent with the ball early season and look capable of building on last season. I'd take these out of yesterdays line ups
Grix for Roberts
Johnstone for Minikin
Tupou for Webster
Miller for Ellis
Fifita for Foster ?
Arona for Massey

Wakefield are on the up and it is shaping up to being a fantastic derby occasion.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 25 Feb 2018, 15:06

All be it against 3 teams expected to be the bottom 3.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Feb 2018, 15:12

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:All be it against 3 teams expected to be the bottom 3.
Thought they struggled against a very bad disciplined team yesterday.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 25 Feb 2018, 15:13

old cas lass wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:All be it against 3 teams expected to be the bottom 3.
Thought they struggled against a very bad disciplined team yesterday.
Not many teams go to France and out in a clinical performance
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 25 Feb 2018, 15:38

The Fox wrote:Can I just ask everyone who is raving about Pauli Pauli - how many games have you ever seen him play?? Or are you all just falling for the usual slaver from Sky?. As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on him, seen him twice in Sky games and he has been dreadful in both games - he looks more unfit than me at 54.
Its more to do with what I've seen of Springer .