19 for Salford

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: 19 for Salford

Post by flow » 11 Mar 2018, 22:58

ref had a good game must not be corrupted yet on performance no training moves are coming off gale and ellis not on same page yet missing a fullback who links into planned moves on a positive defence is looking strong

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 11 Mar 2018, 23:57

went great 1st half, thought Salford came out for 2nd half to try and disrupt us by slowing down the ptb. they certainly succeeded at that. they were very one dimensional in attack for the first hour and then threw it about in desperation. you would have thought we were 20 down the way we were throwing reckless passes out when not needed. ridiculous penalty against meeks that led to their 1st try. cooky wasn't introduced until the 2nd half and didn't do many minutes neither did fozzy for some reason. looked to be 2 dozen from Salford. benny deffo getting better with the link up play and I can't remember clare putting a foot wrong. 2 great one on one tackles near the line.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 12 Mar 2018, 16:16

what happened to the giant linesman he didn’t reappear for the second half?

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 12 Mar 2018, 16:38

flow wrote:ref had a good game must not be corrupted yet on performance no training moves are coming off gale and ellis not on same page yet missing a fullback who links into planned moves on a positive defence is looking strong
Thought the Ref was terrible to be honest.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 12 Mar 2018, 17:11

not sure is its already been mentioned but why was the game so late finishing, did we kick off late etc?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Mar 2018, 18:38

yorky wrote:not sure is its already been mentioned but why was the game so late finishing, did we kick off late etc?
The clock is stopped throughout the game for various reasons so with all the fights, penalties, injuries etc, it adds on extra minutes.

From what I recall, the game finished about 5:15ish as I had to rush to the train station.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Mar 2018, 18:40

Agree with points above.

Thought we were clinical and excellent in the first half and Salford didn't look like they'd score if we'd kept playing until evening time.

However, I suspect the mantra after half-time was to toughen up and try and stifle us and they did so by employing grubby, niggly tactics in the ruck that got us out of our rhythm. I also feel like we panic far too often and instead of doing the grunt and just playing the sets like we did in the first half, we felt we could do all the fancy stuff and ended up going for some silly balls. Lots of learnings from that second half.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 12 Mar 2018, 19:03

HuddsTigers wrote:
yorky wrote:not sure is its already been mentioned but why was the game so late finishing, did we kick off late etc?
The clock is stopped throughout the game for various reasons so with all the fights, penalties, injuries etc, it adds on extra minutes.

From what I recall, the game finished about 5:15ish as I had to rush to the train station.
thanks Hudds, that explains it all.