Team line up

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Team line up

Post by cogito ergo sum » 12 Apr 2018, 16:39

Or DP is having a look at Lo.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 12 Apr 2018, 18:10

Really annoys me does this :x :x , it is clear that 90% of Cas fans prefer Jy to the very ordinary (and frankly National league 1 quality) Clare, every day of the week, Jy has the X-Factor about him, hes got terrifying pace and can make something out of nothing, his defence is well above average and he rarely drops a ball.............. he absolutely MUST be in front of Clare if fit and when there is no Eden, i really don't get where DP is coming from on this one at all, The plain facts are that Jy is a much better player than the extremely ordinary Clare !! FACT!!!

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 12 Apr 2018, 18:18

Tigerwood posse wrote:Really annoys me does this :x :x , it is clear that 90% of Cas fans prefer Jy to the very ordinary (and frankly National league 1 quality) Clare, every day of the week, Jy has the X-Factor about him, hes got terrifying pace and can make something out of nothing, his defence is well above average and he rarely drops a ball.............. he absolutely MUST be in front of Clare if fit and when there is no Eden, i really don't get where DP is coming from on this one at all, The plain facts are that Jy is a much better player than the extremely ordinary Clare !! FACT!!!
Wether 100% of Cas fans agree or not, we don't see them every day like Powell and the coaching team do, big fan of both of em but Clare is obviously doing more to keep his place ahead of Jy

This also gives Jy some game time to keep his fitness up
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 12 Apr 2018, 18:32

the machine wrote:
Tigerwood posse wrote:Really annoys me does this :x :x , it is clear that 90% of Cas fans prefer Jy to the very ordinary (and frankly National league 1 quality) Clare, every day of the week, Jy has the X-Factor about him, hes got terrifying pace and can make something out of nothing, his defence is well above average and he rarely drops a ball.............. he absolutely MUST be in front of Clare if fit and when there is no Eden, i really don't get where DP is coming from on this one at all, The plain facts are that Jy is a much better player than the extremely ordinary Clare !! FACT!!!
Wether 100% of Cas fans agree or not, we don't see them every day like Powell and the coaching team do, big fan of both of em but Clare is obviously doing more to keep his place ahead of Jy

This also gives Jy some game time to keep his fitness up

exactly this, same as Clark. He's playing in a lower league knocking over Builders and Postmen so everytime expects him to play for us. We don't see him in training, he's obviously not ready yet.

I personally think Clare has a more professional attitude than Jy, which is probably why yes ahead of him. Yes you need ability but alot is about commitment and attitude.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 12 Apr 2018, 18:37

From what I hear Jy is a bit of a dreamer and frankly a bit strange....
Audacter Et Sincere

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 12 Apr 2018, 18:37

Fans see these players every so often, DP works with them on a daily basis, as does Danny and Ryan. You'd assume they know better.

In DP we trust...or do we?

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 12 Apr 2018, 18:43

Mysterio wrote:From what I hear Jy is a bit of a dreamer and frankly a bit strange....

he's always been a little odd and wild, you only have to listen to his radio show to know that.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 12 Apr 2018, 20:08

I'd say the condition of SL pitches will have a bit of a say in the selection process too. Jy is small & quick, neither of which are suited to boggy pitches. Clare's physique, on the other hand, lends itself better to the current conditions. I'm not saying who deserves to be playing cos I don't see them in training, but I can see some logic in the selections.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 12 Apr 2018, 20:09

Let's be honest though.... I like the lad but he's been stealing a wage while at Cas. Time to go and free up a quota spot to bring in an Aussie next year.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 12 Apr 2018, 20:32

InTheKnow wrote:Let's be honest though.... I like the lad but he's been stealing a wage while at Cas. Time to go and free up a quota spot to bring in an Aussie next year.
Exactly this. Whilst he has not really let us down when called upon but its been a waste of a quote spot for 3yrs.

Id be astonished if we renew it this year (sure he is out of contract)

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 12 Apr 2018, 22:18

Love how people assume that a freed up quota spot would mean Cas magically having enough money for a first team quality player from oz.

Being from oz doesnt make someone a better rugby player, and Jy is hardly going to be swapped out for Billy Slater.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Apr 2018, 23:37

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:I'd say the condition of SL pitches will have a bit of a say in the selection process too. Jy is small & quick, neither of which are suited to boggy pitches. Clare's physique, on the other hand, lends itself better to the current conditions. I'm not saying who deserves to be playing cos I don't see them in training, but I can see some logic in the selections.
spot on in all respects mate, as a coach you see the players every day. sticks is ahead at the moment due to his size and the state of the pitches. horses for courses and powell knows that. shame some on here don't.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Apr 2018, 09:13

we have players playing the lower leagues all over the place I wonder if Widnes as inquired about any of them?? if not could the answer be that they think that they are not good enough??

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 13 Apr 2018, 12:07

Castleford Tigers vs Catalans Dragons – Castleford Tigers Squad

26 James Clare
18 Matt Cook
6 Jamie Ellis
17 Alex Foster
7 Luke Gale
11 Oliver Holmes
14 Nathan Massey
12 Mike McMeeken
9 Paul McShane
10 Grant Millington
13 Adam Milner
2 Greg Minikin
1 Ben Roberts
4 Michael Shenton
19 Gadwin Springer
21 Jake Trueman
16 Joe Wardle
32 Liam Watts
3 Jake Webster

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Apr 2018, 12:16

Trueman
Minikin
Webster
Shenton
Clare
Roberts
Gale
Watts
McShane
Cook
Holmes
Foster
Massey

Wardle
Millington
Mcmeekan
Milner

Springer
Ellis

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 13 Apr 2018, 12:27

^^ I’ve just scribbled down the same except for McMeeken to start with Foster coming on from the bench.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 13 Apr 2018, 13:19

Shame no Lo, but I'd go with
1.Trueman
2.Minikin
3.Webster
4.Shenton
5.Clare
6.Roberts
7.Gale
8.Watts
9.McShane
10.Massey
11. Wardle
12.McMeeken
13.Foster
Bench
14.Elis
15.Millington
16.Cook
17.Springer.

Give Milner and Holmes a break with a quick turnaround coming up at Wigan on the Friday.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 13 Apr 2018, 14:05

Trueman
Minikin
Webster
Shenny
Clare
Ellis
Gale
Watts
Macca
Massey
Holmes
Foster
Milner

Millo
Mcmeeken
Cook
Wardle

Springer Roberts
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 13 Apr 2018, 14:25

the machine wrote:Trueman
Minikin
Webster
Shenny
Clare
Ellis
Gale
Watts
Macca
Massey
Holmes
Foster
Milner

Millo
Mcmeeken
Cook
Wardle

Springer Roberts
I agree

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Apr 2018, 15:58

derbystiger wrote:^^ I’ve just scribbled down the same except for McMeeken to start with Foster coming on from the bench.
I went for size on the bench given how physical Catalan are.