Fans

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Fans

Post by Casmoley » 15 Apr 2018, 19:16

maybe they've just decided to enjoy the rugby and not feel the need to sing like most do. Even at the end of the game when usually everyone sings sweet Caroline it was half hearted..

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 15 Apr 2018, 19:27

Casmoley wrote:maybe they've just decided to enjoy the rugby and not feel the need to sing like most do. Even at the end of the game when usually everyone sings sweet Caroline it was half hearted..
Or maybe they need to grow up and grow a brain and all stick together like we should do

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 15 Apr 2018, 19:34

Scoopage wrote:
Casmoley wrote:maybe they've just decided to enjoy the rugby and not feel the need to sing like most do. Even at the end of the game when usually everyone sings sweet Caroline it was half hearted..
Or maybe they need to grow up and grow a brain and all stick together like we should do

works both ways, at Huddersfield songs like stand up if you're castleford (family friendly, everyone but the disabled can join in) and hald a dozen people stood up. Yes some songs are pathetic, yes they probably do rely on a good drinking session to be in full swing, but you can't have your cake and eat it.

it's simple. if 15 lads at the back start singing about Wane let them, when they sing come on you fords join in! Or even better, if they sing about Wane, sing come on you fords over them!

Towns88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Towns88 » 15 Apr 2018, 19:42

There's just a lot of apathy for the Catalans home game. It's a dismal fixture every year.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 15 Apr 2018, 19:49

Towns88 wrote:There's just a lot of apathy for the Catalans home game. It's a dismal fixture every year.
Hopefully won't be one next year if they carry on like they are.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 15 Apr 2018, 19:49

fords wrote:
Towns88 wrote:There's just a lot of apathy for the Catalans home game. It's a dismal fixture every year.
Replaced by toulouse/Toronto
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 15 Apr 2018, 19:56

the machine wrote:
fords wrote:
Replaced by toulouse/Toronto

Fev...... :dance:

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 15 Apr 2018, 20:04

here we go again if they can't behave like morons they spit the dummy. please go and watch someone else. ](*,)

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 15 Apr 2018, 20:08

No argument there behaviour at hudds was out of order.we all try and Sing every song that’s sung within reason.at hudds they crossed the line no argument.if they have munk on then I’m sorry but boo hoo.need to stick together people

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 15 Apr 2018, 20:12

Scoopage wrote:No argument there behaviour at hudds was out of order.we all try and Sing every song that’s sung within reason.at hudds they crossed the line no argument.if they have munk on then I’m sorry but boo hoo.need to stick together people

wonder if someone at the club had a word with them after Hudds.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 15 Apr 2018, 21:05

Where was drummer boy ya never see him at home games.

Tintinttin

Post by Tintinttin » 15 Apr 2018, 22:27

I haven’t posted before but I wanted to share something with you all from my experience today. I go to home and away matches whenever I can, even France when I can afford it. I love the togetherness that we create as our own team”of fans” especially away.
I don’t know what happened today but it was noticeable that our usual inspirational,enthusiasm was missing. However I was stood behind the sticks,Wheldon Road end, and a little girl, no more than three with her family, was singing all of the chants, songs, anthems, whatever you want to call them, and my heart swelled with pride for her and her family because to me that is exactly what brings us together, pride in this town and pride in our team. COYF keep the faith.X

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 15 Apr 2018, 22:46

Yes, we all noticed how flat it was today. My take was that Cas were expected to win and that even a close exiting game was somehow 'awkward/beneath us'. So when Cas aren't 30 point up after 15 mins it is felt to be a disappointment.
This is disrespectful to the opposition and not why you should come to a game of rugby league, though the club will be happy with the fleeting cash input.
Tbf, I understand a lot of this but ......I'd hate it if the people who attend the games simply expected overwhelming victories simply because....they demand it to be that way. It is sport after all.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

mystery
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by mystery » 16 Apr 2018, 04:13

Scoopage wrote:No argument there behaviour at hudds was out of order.we all try and Sing every song that’s sung within reason.at hudds they crossed the line no argument.if they have munk on then I’m sorry but boo hoo.need to stick together people
Totally agree, if supporters want to chant let’s have something amusing,instead of embarrassing, especially when there are young children about.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 16 Apr 2018, 07:54

Casmoley wrote:
Scoopage wrote:

works both ways, at Huddersfield songs like stand up if you're castleford (family friendly, everyone but the disabled can join in) and hald a dozen people stood up. Yes some songs are pathetic, yes they probably do rely on a good drinking session to be in full swing, but you can't have your cake and eat it.

it's simple. if 15 lads at the back start singing about Wane let them, when they sing come on you fords join in! Or even better, if they sing about Wane, sing come on you fords over them!
I was politely asked to sit down last year at Wigan for repeatedly getting out of my seat when the "stand up..." chant went up by a man behind me. At being asked the first word that ran through my mind was "kill joy", but that went when i realised i was blocking the view of the pitch of his young son,who had as much right to be at the game as i did. So the abuse suffered by some at Huddersfield was simply a case of people being respectful of others sat around them?

I think people need to have a think before they spout...or post for that matter.

princeka01
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by princeka01 » 16 Apr 2018, 08:59

Some stupid comments on here.... for those of you who go to the games you will know what catalans at home is always a much quieter atmosphere.. most chants are aimed at opposition sadly catalans offer nothing

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 16 Apr 2018, 09:12

It’s nothing to do with the opposition or mood of the game.the fact is not one chant/song was sung.i find that strange

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 16 Apr 2018, 11:34

duke street 10 wrote:
Casmoley wrote:
Scoopage wrote:

I was politely asked to sit down last year at Wigan for repeatedly getting out of my seat when the "stand up..." chant went up by a man behind me. At being asked the first word that ran through my mind was "kill joy", but when i realised i was blocking the view of the pitch of his young son,who had as much right to be at the game as i did. So the abuse suffered by some at Huddersfield was simply a case of people being respectful of others sat around them?

I think people need to have a think before they spout...or post for that matter.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Apr 2018, 17:08

at my age I stopped chanting years ago but I must admit I sing sweet Caroline , I don't have to stand up in an all seater stadium to prove that I am a CAS fan I am just glad to have a seat

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 16 Apr 2018, 18:17

gateman wrote:at my age I stopped chanting years ago but I must admit I sing sweet Caroline , I don't have to stand up in an all seater stadium to prove that I am a CAS fan I am just glad to have a seat
I’m same gateman. Don’t sing and scream like I used to.
Makes me out of breath (old age).
I do sing our signature tune when we win.