Reflection

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Reflection

Post by heritage1926 » 21 Apr 2018, 08:09

Last night was the first game I've came away from this year, where I was furious. Furious with how Hicks handled the game, how Wigan seem to be able to do whatever they want throughout 80 minutes of rugby, but more the fact we couldn't handle a big game.

Wigan were there for the taking last night. They are one of the poorest teams we've played this year, yet we let them bully us off the field. They offered nothing in attack and had to resort to long range tries, which were from our mistakes.

What has happened to us throwing the ball around? We played one man rugby last night which would end with a kick straight down Burgess or Tomkins throat - 2 tries came from this. Then when we did finally throw it the 2 times, we score?

You just can't go to the DW and play Wigan down the middle!

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Reflection

Post by Mucky1978 » 21 Apr 2018, 08:24

Didn’t bother going last night new that the Ref would get bullied by Tomkins and O’Loughlin
How come Hicks was Ref anyway was meant to be Kendall.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Apr 2018, 08:32

My worry is we’ve all been waiting for some sun, dry pitch and ideal conditions, we got the lot last night and still put in a lack lustre performance.
The team look all at odds for some reason.
Can’t put my finger on it, though being incapable of putting second half performances in isn’t helping.
We have to put it right next week or heads will drop and fans will get disillusioned.
On a side note hope Millingtons injury isn’t serious, played on one leg last night.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 21 Apr 2018, 09:04

old cas lass wrote:My worry is we’ve all been waiting for some sun, dry pitch and ideal conditions, we got the lot last night and still put in a lack lustre performance.
The team look all at odds for some reason.
Can’t put my finger on it, though being incapable of putting second half performances in isn’t helping.
We have to put it right next week or heads will drop and fans will get disillusioned.
On a side note hope Millingtons injury isn’t serious, played on one leg last night.
He said it wasn't in his post match interview on sky
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 21 Apr 2018, 09:21

Positives:
-Long way to go.
-We haven't peaked too early that is for sure.
-Got Eden, Moors and JSL to come back.
-Potential new signing to come in.
-7 out of 10 wins and still well in the mix.
-Barring Saints (and even they're not world's apart) no team looking we need to fear them.
-Lo looks promising.
-Millo, Mcshane, Holmes stand outs for us (generally).
-We have Daryl Powell.

Negatives/issues:
-Scoreless second half.
-Still in second gear at best.
-Got out muscled last night.
-Lacking spark. Not really looked like scoring 2nd half. Lo chance was it.
-Roberts anonymous last night.
-Webbo targetted all night and off pace for once.
-Watts disappointed me.
-Wardle fitness?
-Gale's kicking game really inconsistent.
-Long range tries conceded
-As well as he has stood up, is Trueman the fullback answer?
-Rob Hicks put it beyond us - poor officiating. We didn't deserve much to be fair but he certainly damaged any chance we had.

Massive game next Friday. Have to beat Wakey at home. Not season defining but still, need to stop the rot/shift momentum.
COYF

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 21 Apr 2018, 09:33

I said as soon as hicks walked out we were in for a torrid night...he has no ability as a ref and is championship standard at best.....the game was too big for him and it showed.

Wigan are a team that play right at the edge and if you get a weak ref they exploit it.......as soon as he let the head high shots go we were not going to get anything.

combine that with a poor performance and we got what we deserved nothing.......

After watching Wigan for the last few weeks they are not that good and am looking forward to the return at our place as given a fair crack and a few of our lads playing better we will beat them.

Makes the Wakey game interesting after they got spanked last night.......

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Apr 2018, 09:33

I agree with a lot of the points made about the match but it was still only 14-12 at half time thats despite the efforts of hicks who having watched the game again was even worse than i thought and then from the kick we conceed a try
i dont agree about wigan being a poor side there certain to be in the top four
the other thing il say you cant have roberts strolling through every game offering next to nothing as hes done for quite a while now
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Apr 2018, 10:30

tigerfeat wrote:I agree with a lot of the points made about the match but it was still only 14-12 at half time thats despite the efforts of hicks who having watched the game again was even worse than i thought and then from the kick we conceed a try
the other thing il say you cant have roberts strolling through every game offering next to nothing as hes done for quite a while now
Agree his has the odd time where he creates a break and that's it, rest of game does nothing. I have said for ages i don't see what all the fuss is about with him. He can go for me.

At least with Ellis he brings something to the table other than 1 break per game (then he normally drops the ball anyway) after.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 23 Apr 2018, 12:45

As fans we really do need to lose the 'blame the ref' culture because it's making us look ridiculous. Yes, Hicks was inconsistent but that didn't cost Cas the game. We were just poor, full stop.

Probably the worst game Webbo has had for us so I can forgive him this once but there were far too many errors across the board to put us in a position where we could win.

The biggest worry for me was Gale's kicking and at the moment he doesn't seem able to get any height or distance. When you throw in a distinct lack of accuracy they become pretty ineffective and when that occurs you're always going to be on the back foot.

Overall I think we are still missing that spark, the vital piece of the jigsaw that lifts a team. Macca is doing so much on his own but even that isn't firing the cannons.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 23 Apr 2018, 13:24

Mucky1978 wrote:Didn’t bother going last night new that the Ref would get bullied by Tomkins and O’Loughlin
How come Hicks was Ref anyway was meant to be Kendall.
Don't know how Hicks was in charge, I thought he had been stood down for his lack of control of games.
Can't blame the ref though, we weren't up for it, and refereeing ain't easy, I should know after being in charge in over 300 games, albeit all amateur games.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 23 Apr 2018, 13:26

Flat Capper wrote:As fans we really do need to lose the 'blame the ref' culture because it's making us look ridiculous. Yes, Hicks was inconsistent but that didn't cost Cas the game. We were just poor, full stop.

Probably the worst game Webbo has had for us so I can forgive him this once but there were far too many errors across the board to put us in a position where we could win.

The biggest worry for me was Gale's kicking and at the moment he doesn't seem able to get any height or distance. When you throw in a distinct lack of accuracy they become pretty ineffective and when that occurs you're always going to be on the back foot.

Overall I think we are still missing that spark, the vital piece of the jigsaw that lifts a team. Macca is doing so much on his own but even that isn't firing the cannons.
We had the spark but he's now going to be banned for 2yrs

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 23 Apr 2018, 14:22

fords wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:I agree with a lot of the points made about the match but it was still only 14-12 at half time thats despite the efforts of hicks who having watched the game again was even worse than i thought and then from the kick we conceed a try
Agree his has the odd time where he creates a break and that's it, rest of game does nothing. I have said for ages i don't see what all the fuss is about with him. He can go for me.

At least with Ellis he brings something to the table other than 1 break per game (then he normally drops the ball anyway) after.
Yep sorry he can go for me too. Slowing down rapidly with webster

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 23 Apr 2018, 16:06

Yes I agree about Roberts he has done nothing up to now this season, would much prefer Ellis over him but DP keeps having faith in him he must see something that I cannot,and why we have changed our style of play is beyond me we have gone from the best team in the league to watch to one man rugby come on mr Powell get us playing like last year and put this one man game to bed.

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 23 Apr 2018, 18:11

vlcsnap-2018-04-21-22h38m57s640.png
When did it become okay to crowd the ref and question a decision
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Apr 2018, 18:20

Di wrote:
vlcsnap-2018-04-21-22h38m57s640.png
When did it become okay to crowd the ref and question a decision
They weren’t. They were telling him to speak to his touch judge who had obviously seen something to change the referees original decision.