Challenge cup draw

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Challenge cup draw

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 25 Apr 2018, 10:50

Not unwinnable but not ideal. Home game better than away that is for sure but still not the team I hoped to face.
I do reckon Saints wont be relishing it either tbf.

Normyford3

Post by Normyford3 » 25 Apr 2018, 12:04

On the bright side, if we win this game I would fancy us to win it!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 25 Apr 2018, 12:55

Every game we play is definitely winnable whoever we play. We aren't yet playing at our best but Saints probably are. We can and will improve and if we get to anywhere near last season then we can beat Saints and possibly win the cup.

Play like we have been at times this season and there is no need to book hotels in London come August.

If you had to put £100 on the result of this game who would back Cas? Who would back Saints? In current form I reckon more would go with Saints. But this is a 1 off cup game and anything can happen. Would happily lose £100 to get through.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 25 Apr 2018, 13:04

if anything happens to Barber or Robi so they cant play in the match it will even its self out, Robi didn't play against Wakefield they turned them over, I don't want any of their players to get hurt but a tummy bug would be great

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 25 Apr 2018, 13:26

I think we all know who the MoM will be!

Anyway, time to right the wrong of the opening game of the season, let's entertain the BBC audience.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 25 Apr 2018, 13:32

Normyford3 wrote:On the bright side, if we win this game I would fancy us to win it!
We thought the same after the draw last year, that didn't turn out that well as I remember.

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 25 Apr 2018, 16:13

tigerfeat wrote:Some people on here i wouldnt want next to me in trenches , we cant win and worst draw in world crap how meny games we lost at home in last two years ? ffs get a grip
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 25 Apr 2018, 16:19

tigerfeat wrote:Some people on here i wouldnt want next to me in trenches , we cant win and worst draw in world crap how meny games we lost at home in last two years ? ffs get a grip
So because we think we will lose a game of rugby you wouldn't want us next to you in the trenches...... And your telling us to get a grip..... :roll:

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 25 Apr 2018, 18:50

Difficult tie but not beyond us if we play well.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 25 Apr 2018, 20:09

Leeds tiger wrote:Lovely, absolutely lovely. The only draw I didn't want in the slightest. Probably the only one that is nearly unwinable
Surely Sts AWAY would be the only one that is nearly unwinnable (if there is such a draw|)
Did okay against them in the cup at home last season?
cum on you Ford

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 25 Apr 2018, 20:13

When you say trenches - do you mean for the footings at the new stadium...?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 Apr 2018, 21:48

hope the club do a good job of promoting this game to get as many down as possible. its a bit off yet and depending on the squads each team puts out I reckon its fairly even with us being at home. thinking on a positive note what a lift it would give the club if we win. how sweet would it be to win it with a golden point galey field goal.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 25 Apr 2018, 22:34

lurcher wrote:hope the club do a good job of promoting this game to get as many down as possible. its a bit off yet and depending on the squads each team puts out I reckon its fairly even with us being at home. thinking on a positive note what a lift it would give the club if we win. how sweet would it be to win it with a golden point galey field goal.
My nerves won’t stand that again
I’d prefer a score line like last year’s cup win!

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 26 Apr 2018, 20:12

FB_IMG_1524769882328.jpg
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

The Badger

Post by The Badger » 26 Apr 2018, 22:56

I can hear him now guest pundit Sam Tompkins going on and on about how small the the pitch is at Cas and the other BBC pundits Davies especially talking equally as much crap. I will have to watch it back when I get home with the sound off. On another note Ben Barba just got stretchered off in the game tonight the earlier poster could have his wish no Roby, Barba or Walmsley puts a big hole in any team.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 26 Apr 2018, 23:41

wakey fans are already on about our small pitch ahead of tomorrow. poor old befuddled eddie tonight. saints had a man sent off and then Salford got a man sin binned. its now 12 men a piece sez eddie.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 27 Apr 2018, 06:24

I know there’s been plenty of rain, but has our pitch shrunk,, ?? Is it not the same pitch the great team of the sixties ran out on ?? Looks the same size to me as the day I used to stand next to the railing 50 years ago.

For me , the surface they play on and the size of it is the same for both teams ? Or am I missing something :lol:
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 Apr 2018, 06:47

Max n paddy wrote:I know there’s been plenty of rain, but has our pitch shrunk,, ?? Is it not the same pitch the great team of the sixties ran out on ?? Looks the same size to me as the day I used to stand next to the railing 50 years ago.

For me , the surface they play on and the size of it is the same for both teams ? Or am I missing something :lol:
Only that it’s what to expect from lazy uninspired tv researchers and so called ‘pundits ‘

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 27 Apr 2018, 07:35

lurcher wrote:wakey fans are already on about our small pitch ahead of tomorrow. poor old befuddled eddie tonight. saints had a man sent off and then Salford got a man sin binned. its now 12 men a piece sez eddie.
Eddie actually said they are now down to 11 and Terry said that's the other team.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 27 Apr 2018, 08:04

lurcher wrote:wakey fans are already on about our small pitch ahead of tomorrow. poor old befuddled eddie tonight. saints had a man sent off and then Salford got a man sin binned. its now 12 men a piece sez eddie.
As I see it Lurcher the "small pitch" jibes were all done tongue in cheek, no malice involved.