Challenge cup draw

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Challenge cup draw

Post by lurcher » 26 Apr 2018, 23:41

wakey fans are already on about our small pitch ahead of tomorrow. poor old befuddled eddie tonight. saints had a man sent off and then Salford got a man sin binned. its now 12 men a piece sez eddie.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 27 Apr 2018, 06:24

I know there’s been plenty of rain, but has our pitch shrunk,, ?? Is it not the same pitch the great team of the sixties ran out on ?? Looks the same size to me as the day I used to stand next to the railing 50 years ago.

For me , the surface they play on and the size of it is the same for both teams ? Or am I missing something :lol:
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 Apr 2018, 06:47

Max n paddy wrote:I know there’s been plenty of rain, but has our pitch shrunk,, ?? Is it not the same pitch the great team of the sixties ran out on ?? Looks the same size to me as the day I used to stand next to the railing 50 years ago.

For me , the surface they play on and the size of it is the same for both teams ? Or am I missing something :lol:
Only that it’s what to expect from lazy uninspired tv researchers and so called ‘pundits ‘

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 27 Apr 2018, 07:35

lurcher wrote:wakey fans are already on about our small pitch ahead of tomorrow. poor old befuddled eddie tonight. saints had a man sent off and then Salford got a man sin binned. its now 12 men a piece sez eddie.
Eddie actually said they are now down to 11 and Terry said that's the other team.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 27 Apr 2018, 08:04

lurcher wrote:wakey fans are already on about our small pitch ahead of tomorrow. poor old befuddled eddie tonight. saints had a man sent off and then Salford got a man sin binned. its now 12 men a piece sez eddie.
As I see it Lurcher the "small pitch" jibes were all done tongue in cheek, no malice involved.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 Apr 2018, 08:39

over recent years I don't think we have done too badly on their full size pitch, as I have always told the wife size is not every thing its the way you use it

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 27 Apr 2018, 09:51

gateman wrote:over recent years I don't think we have done too badly on their full size pitch, as I have always told the wife size is not every thing its the way you use it

:clap: :lol:
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 27 Apr 2018, 11:51

Max n paddy wrote:I know there’s been plenty of rain, but has our pitch shrunk,, ?? Is it not the same pitch the great team of the sixties ran out on ?? Looks the same size to me as the day I used to stand next to the railing 50 years ago.

Wigan Warriors play on a field that is not legal according to RL laws. They play on a ground measuring 105 metres which according to the RL law should be a maximum of 100 metres, with a 6 metre in goal area behind the posts.
The minimum requirements are 94 metres between posts, Castleford play on an legal pitch, and always cheating Wigan play on an illegal pitch. Will Eddie or his mates ever pick up on this.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 Apr 2018, 23:46

JIN JER wrote:
As I see it Lurcher the "small pitch" jibes were all done tongue in cheek, no malice involved.
what gets me jinj is that there was talk of you playing at Dewsbury which is far smaller than cas.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 28 Apr 2018, 10:38

Beggars can't be choosers unfortunately.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 Apr 2018, 13:20

JIN JER wrote:Beggars can't be choosers unfortunately.
watched it back and I've never seen MC look so glum. you have to feel for him after all the effort he's put in and it must seem as if the whole world is against him at times

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 28 Apr 2018, 14:24

He has done a top job for them and maybe he has got the club as far as he can, he can't do much more than he already has to be fair.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Apr 2018, 17:02

only one draw could have been worse that's to play Saints away, they look an head and shoulders above any one in the competition , looking back on last year we were in the same position, but we were knocked out of the cup and lost in the Grand final, knock out competitions are different to the league on their day no one is a safe bet with some luck we can turn them over , COME ON YE FORD

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 29 Apr 2018, 20:45

but saints have already lost 2, one of them to wakey so they aren't invincible.

Leeds tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Leeds tiger » 12 May 2018, 18:19

heritage1926 wrote:
Leeds tiger wrote:Lovely, absolutely lovely. The only draw I didn't want in the slightest. Probably the only one that is nearly unwinable
And the award for the most overly dramatic post of the day goes to.....
If only it had been over dramatic. It's a game we never could win.