Wardle

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Wardle

Post by Casmoley » 28 Apr 2018, 09:12

It's been a tough start for Joe, injuries and switching positions in every game he's played so far. He'll come good i'm sure. But to say he's the only signing we were all impressed with (before Wattsy came) I didn't even notice him playing last night, and he's probably not been in the top 5 performers in any game he's played in yet.

What's everyone's thoughts on Joe's start to his Cas career?

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Wardle

Post by gateman » 28 Apr 2018, 09:28

having watched the match once again I come away thinking my glass is half full, last night our half backs one not fit didn't create any openings for Joe or any of our other players to find gaps, we are sat forth in the league which is a great achievement to say we are still not firing on all cylinders , Mc Shane what a swap he was when we got him without him this year I think we would have struggled to be in the top eight

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Apr 2018, 09:34

Casmoley wrote:It's been a tough start for Joe, injuries and switching positions in every game he's played so far. He'll come good i'm sure. But to say he's the only signing we were all impressed with (before Wattsy came) I didn't even notice him playing last night, and he's probably not been in the top 5 performers in any game he's played in yet.

I expected more from him but its being stop start so far
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 28 Apr 2018, 09:36

gateman wrote:having watched the match once again I come away thinking my glass is half full, last night our half backs one not fit didn't create any openings for Joe or any of our other players to find gaps, we are sat forth in the league which is a great achievement to say we are still not firing on all cylinders , Mc Shane what a swap he was when we got him without him this year I think we would have struggled to be in the top eight
I think it was just the way the game was played, listening to the post-match interviews. Safety first. And Ellis did make a try scoring pass to Greg.

Normyford3

Post by Normyford3 » 28 Apr 2018, 11:01

I think Joe has been unlucky with how things have gone but I agree with Moley about hardly noticing him out there. It's hard to judge him in the centres when the plays arnt coming off in all fairness to him. Joe will be a good signing ,think he just needs abit of time on the field

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 28 Apr 2018, 11:04

Given the lack of game time he’s had then he has effectively just started his season and looks rusty because of that. Once he has minutes under his belt and he can get back to second row he will be a quality player for us.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 28 Apr 2018, 11:05

Casmoley wrote:It's been a tough start for Joe, injuries and switching positions in every game he's played so far. He'll come good i'm sure. But to say he's the only signing we were all impressed with (before Wattsy came) I didn't even notice him playing last night, and he's probably not been in the top 5 performers in any game he's played in yet.

Was saying the same thing before the game. Looked good v Hull but then gone unnoticed. Didn't look fully fit at Hudds. Thinknhe will come good eventually. Not had a settled team yet.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 28 Apr 2018, 11:07

Joe hasn't shown his true pedigree yet. He's our kind of player and will come good.

Could be a confidence thing. It didn't go to plan in Aus and that could be an issue for him and his family.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 28 Apr 2018, 11:28

Think he’s a great signing and the best is yet to come from him, doing ok though and filling in at centre when we need him, just shows how versatile he is!
Danny Boy

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 28 Apr 2018, 11:28

Before the start of this season he hadn’t played any rugby since September.then got injured early doors.wardle is class and when match fit will be a weekly stand out

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 28 Apr 2018, 11:50

The main thing that has impressed me about Wardle is his defence. Doesn't miss many tackles and always very strong in contact. Last night he clobbered BJB and nearly took the ball in the tackle and going back to his debut vs Hull, he picked up Connor like a small man baby and took him over the touch line.

I think we will see more of him in attack when he can settle into a position, still think he is a very strong signing for us.

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 28 Apr 2018, 13:18

Yep not set the world alight but again not been standing out having any poor games. Like been said he his versatile in the centre position and I think he will play alot more games there this season,we have no wingers so shenny looks like he gona be there a while

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 28 Apr 2018, 13:41

classysupercas3 wrote:Yep not set the world alight but again not been standing out having any poor games. Like been said he his versatile in the centre position and I think he will play alot more games there this season,we have no wingers so shenny looks like he gona be there a while
Not saying you said he didn't, but I thought Shenny did well on the wing last night, only really had one tricky high ball to deal with, which he took very well under pressure. Neither of their wingers had much of a sniff of the line last night

callum_walker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by callum_walker » 28 Apr 2018, 14:19

Fumper27 wrote:Let’s wait and see what callum thinks on Joe’s Cas career to date....

Why the dig AGAIN? You've got a right bee in your bonnet haven't you?

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 28 Apr 2018, 17:42

callum_walker wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:Let’s wait and see what callum thinks on Joe’s Cas career to date....

Don't let it bother you pal. Most people on here just look for a target and you are that at present. Nothing gets said to Di for posting her Cas videos on her Own YouTube channel for hits. No different to what you do. Both Cas related.

Not having a dig at Di before anyone kicks off. I click on both Callums and Dis links. Just stating there's no difference between the both.

Anyway, Wardle, yet he hasn't electrified... He hasn't done nothing wrong when played. Most of the team are looking a little lack luster. Sure he will improve if we do as a team.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 28 Apr 2018, 18:57

Considering all the disruption the guys had I've been more than happy with how he's applied himself to our team.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

callum_walker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by callum_walker » 29 Apr 2018, 13:15

InTheKnow wrote:
callum_walker wrote:

Don't let it bother you pal. Most people on here just look for a target and you are that at present. Nothing gets said to Di for posting her Cas videos on her Own YouTube channel for hits. No different to what you do. Both Cas related.

Not having a dig at Di before anyone kicks off. I click on both Callums and Dis links. Just stating there's no difference between the both.

Anyway, Wardle, yet he hasn't electrified... He hasn't done nothing wrong when played. Most of the team are looking a little lack luster. Sure he will improve if we do as a team.
Thanks InTheKnow, it just really frustrates me, fans say that no one writes anything on the club, and then when I do I get b*llocked for it

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 29 Apr 2018, 14:53

callum_walker wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
callum_walker wrote:

Thanks InTheKnow, it just really frustrates me, fans say that no one writes anything on the club, and then when I do I get b*llocked for it
Not at all. However, I find it hard when you have a tag line of “expert in sport” yet produce articles that consistently include factual inaccuracies (Zak our most expensive signing, the Floodlit Trophy being won in the 90s being two of my favourites). That being said, keep up the good work.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 29 Apr 2018, 15:22

Can we cut it out with the personal attacks please. If we don't wish to see a post from a member you can very easily add their username to the block list. Other than that please stop attacking users for no reason.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 29 Apr 2018, 16:34

Back on topic i think Wardle will be better when the grounds firm up and gets the hamstring problems out of the way. Tackles with a bit of venom does Joe!