Hardaker verdict announced

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Hardaker verdict announced

Post by fords » 10 May 2018, 22:44

old cas lass wrote:
fords wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Looks like it’s gaining speed that the announcement is imminent that he’s signed for Wigan.
Most likely, doesn't mean to say he's not wanting to now get out of it and come back to Cas. He signed for Wigan before he knew the outcome of the ban as far as i was told.

Well that’s his own fault fords.
Shouldn’t have rushed into things.

Surely he knew Wigan was after him if he used there solicitors.
Not sure how he’s gonna get out of the contract, that’s if there is one.
All seems strange to me what’s going on.

First Wigan have signed him.
Then wells speaks to him apparently last Tuesday.
Now his signing for Wigan is about to be announced.

WHATS GOING ON.
Then pulls out of the radio show hosted by 2 former team mates.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 11 May 2018, 13:15

Why would Hardaker come back to a side who ditched him and were unwilling to stand by him until a verdict had been reached?
Doesn't say much about our player welfare when a guy with medical problems is just shown the door, you would have thought someone like Steve Gill and the health issues he as had would have been the ideal person to help Zak.
Wigan have shown Zak the love , helped him through his case and backed him financially over this difficult period so I couldn't imagine him wanting to sign for anyone other than Wigan.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 11 May 2018, 13:22

Sharlotiger wrote:Why would Hardaker come back to a side who ditched him and were unwilling to stand by him until a verdict had been reached?
Doesn't say much about our player welfare when a guy with medical problems is just shown the door, you would have thought someone like Steve Gill and the health issues he as had would have been the ideal person to help Zak.
Wigan have shown Zak the love , helped him through his case and backed him financially over this difficult period so I couldn't imagine him wanting to sign for anyone other than Wigan.

He hasn't got any medial problems, that's complete bull i'm sure of it what he used as an excuse.

Davc1h

Post by Davc1h » 11 May 2018, 13:25

Sharlotiger wrote:Why would Hardaker come back to a side who ditched him and were unwilling to stand by him until a verdict had been reached?
Not sure loyalty sits very high on his priority list.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 11 May 2018, 14:04

fords wrote:

He hasn't got any medial problems, that's complete bull i'm sure of it what he used as an excuse.
I think you will find his medical problems are well documented, hence the decision by UKAD to take these into account when determining the sanctions imposed.

Zak, had his contract terminated by the club. Both he and the club were made aware of UKAD's decision some 12 days before it was made public. I understand that the club made overtures to him with a view to re-signing which he turned down as was his prerogative.

Personally I would like to thank Zak for the massive contribution in helping the club it's first and only championship/LLT.

He has moved on now, I suggest we do the same and support those players who have now replaced him. However, I hope lessons have been learned surrounding his departure.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 May 2018, 14:24

We didnt replace him with a full-back no wonder people question what goes on at the club
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

JungleRumble
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JungleRumble » 11 May 2018, 14:50

Does everyone have selective memory?!

The club stated they offered him a deal which he rejected and showed no remorse whilst also finding him a job outside rugby so the welfare comment is absolute bull.

Powell also said if anyone knows a decent full back that wasnt tied up to a 2/3 deal to let him know. We arent man city who can start offering massive amounts of money to players who are contracted.

They found out in September about his drugs test when the majority of clubs had best players i.e full backs signed for the following season.

He let us down but somehow its the clubs fault.....

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 11 May 2018, 15:10

sounds as if pies are willing to pay a fee.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

7oaksholidayhomepark

Post by 7oaksholidayhomepark » 11 May 2018, 15:21

Purely based upon all the posts here and any media release;

But what if Zak did change his mind on joining this other club due to financial repercussions and what if this other club got wind of this and arranged a press release suggesting Zak' s signature had already been secured as a means of putting pressure on him to refrain from talking to another club, and what if Mr Wells did meet up with Zak for a chat and what if it was Cas who made him pull the plug on the radio interview by two associates of Cas, hard to think this other club would have stopped Zak telling the world that he would like to play for them (Zak has tweeted that he intends to do the radio show in the next few weeks and that he will be up front and answer as many questions as possible) and what if Zak does rejoin Cas on the proviso that if it does not work out he can leave by mutual agreement and Cas get a belated transfer fee and he gets to keep all of his money in his pocket because we haven't sued him for losses to the club....Just dreaming!!!!!

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 12 May 2018, 10:27

What pees me off about all this is that it's Zac who screwed up not Cas. Through his behaviour he cost the club £150,000, screwed up our chances of winning the Grand Final for the first time in our history, screwed the fans and yet what is the outcome? He gets off with a light punishment (if you can call out that), gets to resume his career with another club and to top it all gets a pay increase. Sounds like Cas received the punishment for his misdemeanours not Zac.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 12 May 2018, 11:00

Casmania wrote:
fords wrote:

I think you will find his medical problems are well documented, hence the decision by UKAD to take these into account when determining the sanctions imposed.

Zak, had his contract terminated by the club. Both he and the club were made aware of UKAD's decision some 12 days before it was made public. I understand that the club made overtures to him with a view to re-signing which he turned down as was his prerogative.

Personally I would like to thank Zak for the massive contribution in helping the club it's first and only championship/LLT.

He has moved on now, I suggest we do the same and support those players who have now replaced him. However, I hope lessons have been learned surrounding his departure.

Bull, whats his excuses for up town then ?

Rogues Gallery

Post by Rogues Gallery » 12 May 2018, 12:20

JungleRumble wrote:Does everyone have selective memory?!

The club stated they offered him a deal which he rejected and showed no remorse whilst also finding him a job outside rugby so the welfare comment is absolute bull.

Powell also said if anyone knows a decent full back that wasnt tied up to a 2/3 deal to let him know. We arent man city who can start offering massive amounts of money to players who are contracted.

They found out in September about his drugs test when the majority of clubs had best players i.e full backs signed for the following season.

Showed no remorse?
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/gen ... 90136.html

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 12 May 2018, 12:39

Rogues Gallery wrote:

Showed no remorse?
Think JungleRumble is referring to when Steve Gill and others said that at a club meeting a bit back. Of course he's gonna apologise in the article you posting his representative would advised him to do so.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 12 May 2018, 12:42

Rogues Gallery wrote:

Showed no remorse?
The reference to him showing no remorse were from meetings he had with the club in the months after. Not what he said publically in the PR press statements made on his behalf.
And also in his conduct generally while awaitong the ban and being suspended by Cas: it was suggested him going out, getting hammered again and apparently getting into bother was also deemed by the club as not showing remorse. From what I hear anyway.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 12 May 2018, 12:42

Anybody know who his agent is.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 12 May 2018, 12:44

old cas lass wrote:Anybody know who his agent is.
Someone connected to Wigan??? Jk
Last edited by MØL on 12 May 2018, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 12 May 2018, 12:46

old cas lass wrote:Anybody know who his agent is.
Showmethemoneyuk agency.